Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

True, that is a punchable face, but he wasn't here 12 years ago.  

The blame for the 12 years ago debacle lies with Powers and Dodds who let Mack bully them and stick around.

Good point, he hired Charlie, which is where we really went off the tracks, but yeah that wasn't 12 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The Upper Enchantments hike near Leavenworth is most beautiful I’ve ever witnessed. After 5 days on the trail, that German food and beer hit the spot, genuine or not.

We did a 5-mile one there in a state park. Yeah, truth-be-told, it was actually the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. But it's fun to trash them.   

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The Upper Enchantments hike near Leavenworth is most beautiful I’ve ever witnessed. After 5 days on the trail, that German food and beer hit the spot, genuine or not.

Better than Cascade Canyon in the Tetons?

because ima need to check it out if so!

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, sdm said:

Well, at least there was one BMD that publicly stated it was stupid decision to hire Charlie Strong as a head coach. Maybe a coordinator, but not a head coach.

Same one who was apparently doing everything he could do behind the scenes to make sure that came true. Fuck him.

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

I am the perfect negative indicator as a coach picker.  I loved the Herman hire, was highly skeptical about Sark, and was actually worried when Aggy hired Jimbo.  ADs should hire me and immediately blackball my top choices.  In short l, I'm just a simple farmer, person of the land, the common clay of the new west.  You know, a moron.

I'm saying this because I think bama knocked it out of the park with this hire.  So that's a great sign for us and our SEC chances with one less contender to deal with.

b043b32a-4d1a-4e1f-9842-5f0d68f9c9b5_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

I am the perfect negative indicator as a coach picker.  I loved the Herman hire, was highly skeptical about Sark, and was actually worried when Aggy hired Jimbo.  ADs should hire me and immediately blackball my top choices.  In short l, I'm just a simple farmer, person of the land, the common clay of the new west.  You know, a moron.

I'm saying this because I think bama knocked it out of the park with this hire.  So that's a great sign for us and our SEC chances with one less contender to deal with.

But did you include this realization when concluding about Alabama’s new coach? You have to let your mind go completely blank to get these things right. 
image.jpeg.27153a53e7183420f1321cedf684b85e.jpeg

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

They are the Sierra Mist of football. 

And Jimbo was the New Coke.  Brought in with great fanfare, given a little time to get traction, and was shitcanned when it became clear to everyone it was a colossal failure.*

*and yes I know the story about it being a ruse to change the recipe, go with me here.

53 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Better than Cascade Canyon in the Tetons?

because ima need to check it out if so!

I can’t attest to that as I haven’t visited the Tetons. Google pics of Upper Enchantments and see how it rates..

Heads up: Upper Enchantments are heavily permitted for overnight stays. Permit lotteries open Feb 15 for the upcoming season through recreation.gov. I was fortunate to win the lottery twice and do backpacking trips with my daughter and some of my friends. Upper Enchantments were still open for day hikes without permits but require good fitness. One of the two routes into the Uppers (Aasgard Pass) climbs 2000ft in 3/4 of a mile. Needless to say, I’ve opted for the other route through Snow Lake.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

He wasn't going against the same level athletes while at Sioux Falls either.

He also wasn't managing high level talent over there either.

He definitely wasn't dealing with SEC recruiting while over there.

As an alum as a school that was in the same league as Sioux Falls was then, USF was playing with about a 1/3 more scholarships than the rest of the GPAC, and were generally big on getting drop down transfers. That being said they used their advantage to absolutely beat the shit out of everyone the way they should have.

• Hook 'Em 1

Isaiah Bond (the Auburn killer wr) has entered the portal. He did this before the DeBoer hire was announced. Dumbass.

Jesus.

Well, at least we didn’t fart around “searching” for an eternity. The GOAT is gone; long live the new coach. May he have great success. If he doesn’t the attention deficit mob will run him, the AD and the UA president / system chancellor out of town on a rail.

28 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I don’t know about you but that sounds like a place I want visit!  

If I can go to the Twin Peaks bar with Dennis Hopper (Yes I know, this is direct by Lynch so shut up), I'd listen to the band play it's a small world. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Isaiah Bond (the Auburn killer wr) has entered the portal. He did this before the DeBoer hire was announced. Dumbass.

Jesus.

Well, at least we didn’t fart around “searching” for an eternity. The GOAT is gone; long live the new coach. May he have great success. If he doesn’t the attention deficit mob will run him, the AD and the UA president / system chancellor out of town on a rail.

image.thumb.png.47ffa6b24793c367ba9dcb6dfa85e27e.png.0dc6289f7275ceed0249c40694ccae16.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

If he goes burnt orange, he goes and I wish him well. He (and Milroe) snatched defeat fron the slavering jaws of a zillion Aubie mouths, and for that I shall revere him forever. Sark will target him (and get it to him) 5x more than we were able to do. At this point, I’m just relieved Dabo or Rees weren’t named. Keep calm and carry on.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

My theory is that Seattle/the PNW is a well known gestation area for serial killers. Doboer has spent several years now murdering vagrants and call girls on the side. Now he has an opportunity to head to new hunting grounds, where the hotter temps help bodies decompose quicker. 

I don't think call girls would be the preferred target demographic.  First, you have to establish a line of communication to arrange the rendezvous and that can lead right back to you if the cops find the link.  Second, no self-respecting call girl is going to agree to meet up at a seedy motel in the bad part of town where you could do the deed without garnering a lot of attention... lot of other bad shit goes down in the hood so that's where you want to commit the act.  Last, most call girls are going to have at least some bit of a real life outside their side gig of call girling thus they are likely to have friends and family that they stay in touch with on a regular basis (albeit they probably won't know about the call girl stuff).  But still, with those connections when she doesn't show up for a few days and there aren't any calls / messages / social media posts, people are going to get curious and involve the cops at some point.

No, you want to conduct your business with your run of the mill hood rat street walker.  Likely no family or friends that are going to contact the po-po since all her acquaintances are also probably in the game in some form or fashion and don't want to bring any attention to their own dealings.  A street walker won't think twice about hopping in the car with a stranger and head out to the middle of nowhere to a secluded location.  By the time she notices the plastic sheet, rope, gag and shovel you're far enough removed from civilization no one will hear the initial scream of fear and pleas for mercy.  Days later they may be some talk on the streets about "What happened to Jasmine?" but everyone will probably chalk it up to either an OD or figure she got tired of the local surroundings and hopped a Greyhound to another city.

In sum, stick with the low-end talent.  Getting a call girl trophy might be a crowning achievement but there's far too much risk involved compared to easier prey.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Don James served as Husky head coach for 18 seasons, from 1975 until August 1993. He led the Huskies to a national championship in 1991. While at Washington, James' teams won four Rose Bowls, the Orange Bowl in January 1985, and had a 10–4record in all bowl games. Overall, James tallied a 153–57–2 (.726)record at Washington, including a then-record 98 wins in Pacific-10 Conference play

And how many times did they land on probation during his tenure?  The NCAA probably had a satellite office in Seattle back in those days.

4 hours ago, futureman said:

you think sark is as good at player development as saban?  I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there.

I don't think we know yet. But I think he has a shot at it. He's sure as shit better than strong and Herman. 

4 hours ago, futureman said:

you think sark is as good at player development as saban?  I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there.

He's better at player development than he is at red zone playcalling.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

That has to be a conflict of interest. Crazy that is allowed. So much insider manipulation that can occur. 

Yeah, this shit is sleazy. One man driving up coaches salaries, unchecked. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don't think call girls would be the preferred target demographic.  First, you have to establish a line of communication to arrange the rendezvous and that can lead right back to you if the cops find the link.  Second, no self-respecting call girl is going to agree to meet up at a seedy motel in the bad part of town where you could do the deed without garnering a lot of attention... lot of other bad shit goes down in the hood so that's where you want to commit the act.  Last, most call girls are going to have at least some bit of a real life outside their side gig of call girling thus they are likely to have friends and family that they stay in touch with on a regular basis (albeit they probably won't know about the call girl stuff).  But still, with those connections when she doesn't show up for a few days and there aren't any calls / messages / social media posts, people are going to get curious and involve the cops at some point.

No, you want to conduct your business with your run of the mill hood rat street walker.  Likely no family or friends that are going to contact the po-po since all her acquaintances are also probably in the game in some form or fashion and don't want to bring any attention to their own dealings.  A street walker won't think twice about hopping in the car with a stranger and head out to the middle of nowhere to a secluded location.  By the time she notices the plastic sheet, rope, gag and shovel you're far enough removed from civilization no one will hear the initial scream of fear and pleas for mercy.  Days later they may be some talk on the streets about "What happened to Jasmine?" but everyone will probably chalk it up to either an OD or figure she got tired of the local surroundings and hopped a Greyhound to another city.

In sum, stick with the low-end talent.  Getting a call girl trophy might be a crowning achievement but there's far too much risk involved compared to easier prey.

IMG_9750.gif.1cee31214ce9a80d69f137ba0085e0fb.gif

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah that was the problem...sheesh

No, that wasn't the problem, and that's not what I said. I said he was working behind the scenes to fuck Charlie, which is reprehensible. That and Charlie shitting the bed are not mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, wood said:

No, that wasn't the problem, and that's not what I said. I said he was working behind the scenes to fuck Charlie, which is reprehensible. That and Charlie shitting the bed are not mutually exclusive.

oh christ, he wasn't working behind the scenes to fuck Charlie...he didn't need to.  come back from Roswell.

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

oh christ, he wasn't working behind the scenes to fuck Charlie...he didn't need to.  come back from Roswell.

Hey, if you say so. But I didn't hear it in Roswell (when I was there last week). I heard it here (or the old place). There was a lot of talk about it at the time by people who know a lot more about the program than I do. That's a big part of why "Fuck red McCombs" started. I didn't just pull it outta my ass. Calm down.

Edited by wood

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Hey, if you say so. But I didn't hear it in Roswell (when I was there last week). I heard it here (or the old place). There was a lot of talk about it at the time by people who know a lot more about the program than I do. That's a big part of why "Fuck red McCombs" started. I didn't just pull it outta my ass. Calm down.

Dude Charlie Strong sucked. Nobody even needed to fuck him behind the scenes. Dude was the biggest fucking failure in Texas history. 

• Hook 'Em 2