Texas (-1) vs Baylor- Saturday, 11am on ESPN

shadow_operative

Great bounce back game from the players and staff. Nice to see Weaver get more time over Horton and Cunningham, and even Johnson got some time in the 1st half. Terry needs to play 10+ guys throughout conference play.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

I took the moneyline when we went down 6 in the 2nd half 🤘🏼

Ha, I took BU on the ML +287 in the first half when we were up 8. Would have made a loss less shitty, but happy as fuck to lose that one. We needed that W.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

We turned the ball over ONCE in the second half and held Baylor to 32 points.

That was the formula. Won that game without making a second half three.

Baylor went nearly 8 minutes without a basket. That prayer at the end. Good defense, and Terry was making the offense for defense decisions he didn't against UCF.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Shades of kenton paulino vs pittsnogle wvu 2005

Reminded me more of P.J.'s coast-to-coast buzzer-beater versus Providence.

Amazing how much better this team looks when Tyrese plays with fire and confidence. For all of his limitations, Abmas has been relatively consistent--you know what he's going to bring, each and every game. But Hunter only seems to show up once every five games, and he's our X-factor because he's Texas' only guard who can take defenders off the dribble (Weaver has the athleticism to do so but not the control or vision).

Cunningham needs to wake up. Love Brock and am often first to defend him, but he hasn't done jack on the offensive end in a month and this team can't afford it. He's gotta get out of his head, step up, and start making shots.

Mitchell's D on that game-tying 3-pointer from Baylor was excellent. Can't believe that prayer went in, let alone swished. Very deserved heartbreak for the Bears. Fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

Wish I could have been in the crowd - what an amazing finish to a hard fought home game!

image.thumb.png.57b448f09e81da63844b73ba4b01afd3.png

i was totally surprised and thrilled to see that we had a great crowd on hand. i really thought that baylor might bring a ton of people for this one and that we might not do the same with an 11am saturday tip off. but man, the people showed up and they brought the noise, and da funk. great atmosphere, and just a fun day to watch Texas basketball because of that. 🤘🏼 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Basketball version of the hook & lateral and was executed to perfection. 

Was a great decision by Hunter to bypass forcing to Abmas on the inbounds and instead going to Disu to get everyone a head of steam.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Great use of the roster to force mismatches

Seemed like we were being coached well and executing the plan.  

Refreshing to see

who coached us? and what have they done with Rodney Terry?

Edited by Rimbo
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Was a great decision by Hunter to bypass forcing to Abmas on the inbounds and instead going to Disu to get everyone a head of steam.

Also smart for Disu to turn around and recognize the game situation and come back and get that pass. Both high basketball IQ plays from Hunter and Disu.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

You are never as bad as you look in the bad times or as good as you look in the good times. We were never going 3-15.

Always remember that.

You do realize it’s still mathematically possible to go 3-15, right? 

I mean I get it, you’re the sunshine pumper here but at least wait until it’s actually impossible to get a certain record before making a claim. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

How was it that Baylor went without a FG before that last 3? Like 7 minutes?

One of the best offensive teams in college basketball going that long without a FG shows how inconsistent the product is at times.

9:09 was the last FG before the 3 with 5 seconds left 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i was totally surprised and thrilled to see that we had a great crowd on hand. i really thought that baylor might bring a ton of people for this one and that we might not do the same with an 11am saturday tip off. but man, the people showed up and they brought the noise, and da funk. great atmosphere, and just a fun day to watch Texas basketball because of that. 🤘🏼 

Was indeed a great crowd. Packed house, students up top in standing room.