Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

31 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I bought it while living at Taos Co-operative. Purchased price was one heavily used motorcycle helmet, a pack of cigarettes, 12 pack of Milwaukee's Beast. 

I never registered it, never insured it, and I kept a quart of oil in the trunk cause it drank the stuff.

It made 2 trips to Padre and untold trips to San Marcos, and one, now infamous "ride for the shrooms". 

I was stolen and I didn't fix the steering column so I had to crank it like a thief.

I'd hand out the "keys" without hesitation at a party for a "beer run" or whatever.

Eventually, it just stopped running, and I got, I think $150 from a "tow your junk away" place.

Loved that fucking ride man. Best car investment I ever made.

I love it when people tell beautiful stories like this.  Makes me all teary-eyed.  THAT is a perfect car.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I know you, and I know where you come from.

Your daily driver will be this:

1975-Olds-Passenger-Rear-630x390.jpg

And I know you like to show off....that's a Cutlass SUPREME, baby.

My first car was a '73 Regal that looked JUST like this, only white. My grandfather gave it to me when I turned 16. It had a rust hole in the trunk you could drop a cooler all the way through, but it had a 455 Big Block Buick V8. You could floor it and watch the speedometer and gas gauge move in different directions.

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Not sure I follow. This still looks “decent” to me

57289398835d633b193db53d9cacbff9.jpg

My Grandfather bought an 84 Regal that looked just like this Cutlass, and the 73 became his work car. He drove it to the Texico refinery in Port Arthur every day and by the time he gave it to me, the paint looked like it had been in a sandstorm. 

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

The guy likely washed his hair.

Voids the warranty.

Well, the story does mention his "thicker-than-average" skull and I was like, "You don't say."

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why do I have a feeling this is going to generate some really humorous content, but not in the way he thinks, but in the "drive more advertisers away and make the national news" kind of content.

Profit?

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

First human to have Elon's Neuralink installed is, you guessed it, aggy.

All jokes aside (and there's some low-hanging fruit in this article), this is an interesting read. The subject is 30 and a quadriplegic due to a lake accident while serving as a kids' camp counselor. Apparently, the thing "worked" great for a month after being implanted in January but isn't performing nearly as well now. A bit shocking for an Elon product, no? 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-05-16/neuralink-s-first-patient-describes-living-with-brain-implant?accessToken=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzb3VyY2UiOiJTdWJzY3JpYmVyR2lmdGVkQXJ0aWNsZSIsImlhdCI6MTcxNTg1NzgxNSwiZXhwIjoxNzE2NDYyNjE1LCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOiJTREtSV01UMEFGQjQwMCIsImJjb25uZWN0SWQiOiI5MTM4NzMzNDcyQkY0QjlGQTg0OTI3QTVBRjY1QzBCRiJ9.nW2vqsd38x6-nHJMMj-ZzTwKvPWoy6nDuKFl3ZsbTz0

In your haste to dunk on Elon, I guess you glossed over the following:

“Technology products almost always improve over time; Arbaugh had talked with Bain about how he would be receiving what was probably the worst Neuralink implant that anyone would get. But Arbaugh had agreed to the trial precisely because these types of issues could occur. He wanted to be a means for helping other people by aiding Neuralink in its quest to root out any of the implant’s flaws. Still, that didn’t make the loss of his newfound abilities any less painful.”

“Neuralink set to work trying to see what it could do to fix the issues. Its software engineers tweaked the algorithms that record data from Arbaugh’s neurons and made changes to the way that data gets analyzed and transferred to his computer. Arbaugh is now back to setting records.”

The kid’s a fucking hero in my book and has more balls than any of us for willing to be a guinea pig to advance spinal cord research.

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

All jokes aside (and there's some low-hanging fruit in this article), this is an interesting read. The subject is 30 and a quadriplegic due to a lake accident while serving as a kids' camp counselor. Apparently, the thing "worked" great for a month after being implanted in January but isn't performing nearly as well now. A bit shocking for an Elon product, no? 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-05-16/neuralink-s-first-patient-describes-living-with-brain-implant?accessToken=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzb3VyY2UiOiJTdWJzY3JpYmVyR2lmdGVkQXJ0aWNsZSIsImlhdCI6MTcxNTg1NzgxNSwiZXhwIjoxNzE2NDYyNjE1LCJhcnRpY2xlSWQiOiJTREtSV01UMEFGQjQwMCIsImJjb25uZWN0SWQiOiI5MTM4NzMzNDcyQkY0QjlGQTg0OTI3QTVBRjY1QzBCRiJ9.nW2vqsd38x6-nHJMMj-ZzTwKvPWoy6nDuKFl3ZsbTz0

Makes sense, got to 50 miles after install, so ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

In your haste to dunk on Elon, I guess you glossed over the following:

“Technology products almost always improve over time; Arbaugh had talked with Bain about how he would be receiving what was probably the worst Neuralink implant that anyone would get. But Arbaugh had agreed to the trial precisely because these types of issues could occur. He wanted to be a means for helping other people by aiding Neuralink in its quest to root out any of the implant’s flaws. Still, that didn’t make the loss of his newfound abilities any less painful.”

“Neuralink set to work trying to see what it could do to fix the issues. Its software engineers tweaked the algorithms that record data from Arbaugh’s neurons and made changes to the way that data gets analyzed and transferred to his computer. Arbaugh is now back to setting records.”

The kid’s a fucking hero in my book and has more balls than any of us for willing to be a guinea pig to advance spinal cord research.

Um, not sure my initial post was an attempt to "dunk on Elon." I mean of course he's setting records -- nobody else has done this yet. I still think Elon and Neuralink is probably acting reckless as hell but what really did Arbaugh have to lose? I guess Elon could lobotomize him or something.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Whoa there buddy, I tried to insert some Z4 and "compact" off road trucking talk. I lost the fight, but I fucking tried man.

I saw a Miata battlecar in Henderson several months back. Probably more capable than a cybertruck. 

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Tesla’s growing inventory can sometimes even be seen from space, via satellite images. So what's the problem?

The people who wanted Teslas have already bought them?

And the people who own Teslas aren't buying a new car every year?

And a lot of would-be owners are skittish about the prices dropping even more, turned off by Musk, etc.?

23 hours ago, C-Man said:

I’d also read he’s having issues with his speech now, dropping thinly veiled racist comments before muttering ‘interesting’.  Scientists are now investigating his sudden infatuation with backwards cowboy hats

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

My mom had one; flaming piece of shit. Was always breaking down, and to keep it pertinent, the accelerator would stick making it very dangerous.

Yeah, maybe that's all true, but it will off road a lot better than a Tesla and you can take it through a car wash = winning

(Also, concerning)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Scientists are now investigating his sudden infatuation with backwards cowboy hats

We really need to encourage the Musk fanbois to wear cowboy hats backwards.  Make it easier to identify them (then again, they're like fucking crossfitters - they tell everybody they are Musk fanbois).

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I’d also read he’s having issues with his speech now, dropping thinly veiled racist comments before muttering ‘interesting’.  Scientists are now investigating his sudden infatuation with backwards cowboy hats

In all fairness to Elon, the guy is from East Texas and attended aggy. Good chance he was already doing that before Neuralink.

• Haha 5

Don't care what he does, I'll still deadname twitter since deadnaming is encouraged on twitter.

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/twitter-com-retired-elon-musk-x-web-address-1236007737/

Elon Musk is retiring the last vestige of Twitter — the twitter.com web address — as the social network has fully moved over to the x.com domain name.

“All core systems are now on X.com,” the multibillionaire tech mogul posted on the platform late Thursday. With the changeover, all twitter.com URLs are now being redirected to the corresponding address on x.com.

When users logged on to Twitter/X on Friday, they saw a message that said: “Welcome to x.com! We are letting you know that we are changing our URL, but your privacy and data protection settings remain the same.”

The move comes after Musk unilaterally rebranded Twitter as X in July 2023. In a late-night post, he declared that Twitter was no longer the name of the social network — reborn as X, which appears to be his favorite letter of the alphabet. “Soon we shall bid adieu to the Twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds,” Musk posted on X last July. The company rebranded its mobile apps with the X moniker and moved employee email addresses to x.com.

On 5/16/2024 at 6:06 PM, Covri said:

I always read Grok as Gronk and I chuckle thinking that its his dumbass doing this shit, not AI.

Dude, when Gronk gains sentience, we are all fucking doomed.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

There is a strong likelihood I was inside that TCloud, snacking and surfing Surly when you snapped that.

I did not draw dicks on that particular cyber truck that day tho.

Don't worry. It already has dicks all over it. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 10:31 AM, Macklemore said:

Who do you think is pulling his strings as their useful idiot? ...Nick Fuentes?

Interesting choice of words. Apparently Nick pulls his own strings after his live broadcast.

On 5/17/2024 at 12:09 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

suck my dick wwe GIF

Yes, his view of choice looks something like that. NTTAWWT

20 hours ago, Covri said:

You should get Macklemore's permission before sharing his personal videos.

The vids are, of course, CENSORED for twitter.

Macklemore which dude is you?

Edited by Chopper

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Or maybe the final transition to X.com is going poorly, because holy shit it’s trying so hard to force me to open a Twitter client instead of the browser and I keep getting the welcome to X.com page multiple times a day.

And it’s slow loading on embeds in some places.

Edit he’s complaining, but he’s got thousands of quotes and retweets.

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://www.reuters.com/legal/tesla-must-face-vehicle-owners-lawsuit-over-self-driving-claims-2024-05-15/

Class action is moving forward over FSD and musks claims of "coast to coast self drive", and plaintiffs are anyone who's purchased a FSD tesla 

The case is In re Tesla Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, No. 22-05240.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Wait a second, you can’t just promise untrue things when you sell products? 

There’s goes my healthy cigarette company idea 

Pretty sure all the legacy cigarette companies tried that decades ago.  Maybe centuries. 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

IMG_5183.thumb.jpeg.775f0e2e8882b155ad5171ace3fa807a.jpeg

Can confirm similar is happening with the Powerwall. They've emailed me a couple times to promote a sale price...I want to say it was for $8k, down from $12k last year, I believe.

• Haha 2