Babies are Made of Microplastics

Neonmoon

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb/27/microplastics-found-every-human-placenta-tested-study-health-impact?utm_source=instagramthreads&utm_campaign=microplasticsthreads

Microplastics have been found in every human placenta tested in a study, leaving the researchers worried about the potential health impacts on developing foetuses.

The scientists analysed 62 placental tissue samples and found the most common plastic detected was polyethylene, which is used to make plastic bags and bottles. A second study revealed microplastics in all 17 human arteries tested and suggested the particles may be linked to clogging of the blood vessels.

Microplastics have also recently been discovered in human blood and breast milk, indicating widespread contamination of people’s bodies. The impact on health is as yet unknown but microplastics have been shown to cause damage to human cells in the laboratory. The particles could lodge in tissue and cause inflammation, as air pollution particles do, or chemicals in the plastics could cause harm.

Are babies recyclable now?

Fucking Belgians.  

"Would you be willing to have some small bits of plastic injected in your bloodstream which may cause clotting?"

-FUCK NO!  That sounds dangerous as shit.  

"What if we were to inject some bits of plastic into human embryos?"

-Go on.  It's got polyethylene.  it's what babies crave!  

I get a big kick out of science-deniers,  but this one is going to be particularly fun to watch. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Truly this. What a fucking joke. No way we get to another planet. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are about 7 generations from some real life saving needing to be done or…yeah, good run. 

7?

Far more optimistic than me.

• Prepare your anus 3

17 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Truly this. What a fucking joke. No way we get to another planet. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are about 7 generations from some real life saving needing to be done or…yeah, good run. 

well, the galaxy has rather strict immigration rules. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb/27/microplastics-found-every-human-placenta-tested-study-health-impact?utm_source=instagramthreads&utm_campaign=microplasticsthreads
Microplastics have been found in every human placenta tested in a study, leaving the researchers worried about the potential health impacts on developing foetuses.
The scientists analysed 62 placental tissue samples and found the most common plastic detected was polyethylene, which is used to make plastic bags and bottles. A second study revealed microplastics in all 17 human arteries tested and suggested the particles may be linked to clogging of the blood vessels.
Microplastics have also recently been discovered in human blood and breast milk, indicating widespread contamination of people’s bodies. The impact on health is as yet unknown but microplastics have been shown to cause damage to human cells in the laboratory. The particles could lodge in tissue and cause inflammation, as air pollution particles do, or chemicals in the plastics could cause harm.
Are babies recyclable now?

Our rain water collection system has microplastics too - it’s found everywhere even rain samples at the highest elevations on the planet. It’s horseshit. May add an RO system but then it doesn’t really matter - everything we eat has plastics. So fucked.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

So are the ladies still gonna do a plastic placenta eating party?  

Will gender reveal parties be like exploding plastics of pink or blue shooting into peoples faces?  

How are we doing this?  There's a wreath fund opportunity in here somewhere.  

IT'S PEOPLE!  SOYLENT PLASTIC IS PEOPLE!  WE'RE EATING PEOPLE! 

So google pushed an article to me on the presence of micro plastics in tap water. They said research suggests the best thing to do is boil water before drinking. It surrounds the three most common types of micro plastics with a carbon shell that passes through our body instead of being absorbed into our bloodstream.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

Microplastics in arteries linked to increase in heart disease risk

Microplastics and nanoplastics are everywhere – even in the fatty deposits called plaque that can build up in the arteries and cause cardiovascular disease and strokes. Researchers have found that in people with evidence of microplastics in the plaques, or atheromas, in their carotid arteries, the risk of heart attack, stroke or death was four-and-a-half times higher than in those whose plaque didn’t contain plastic.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/28/2024 at 8:03 AM, troph said:

Our rain water collection system has microplastics too - it’s found everywhere even rain samples at the highest elevations on the planet. It’s horseshit. May add an RO system but then it doesn’t really matter - everything we eat has plastics. So fucked.

Don't forget PFAS/PFOS, which the 5th reich circuit appeals court recently ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency doesn't have the authority to regulate it's release into the environment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Microplastics and nanoplastics are everywhere – even in the fatty deposits called plaque that can build up in the arteries and cause cardiovascular disease and strokes. Researchers have found that in people with evidence of microplastics in the plaques, or atheromas, in their carotid arteries, the risk of heart attack, stroke or death was four-and-a-half times higher than in those whose plaque didn’t contain plastic.

So these non plastic people, what's their secret?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

So wait, are we lizard people or plastic people eating babies’ blood to stave off annihilation?  I can’t keep up with all the ‘students of the constitution who do their own research’, what with all the plastics and vaccines in my brain and all.  It was a fucking miracle our species it this far.  I think my daughters will be okay, but after that—-fuck it.  Burn it down.  The Stupids have won, let’s go do handshakes and get some pizza. 

Edited by YGIFS

Welp. I may be screwed.

My regimen is:

- Tepid showers, at least once per quarter
- Going to bed at 4:30am
- Sagging into a lifeless lump on the bus
- But I am holding quite a few shares of RadioShack that I got dirt cheap. They'll be back after this digital fad runs its course.

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Went looking for a source, found this:

• In a three-year study, having microplastics and nanoplastics in artery-clogging plaque put a person at nearly five times higher risk for having a stroke or heart attack.
  • Experts say the mounting evidence showing an association between microplastics and poor health outcomes does not show causation, but the findings are alarming enough to warrant much more research.
  • Virtually every person on Earth has been exposed to plastic. It’s becoming clear that tiny fragments of this plastic are becoming part of the human body.

https://www.health.com/microplastics-clogged-arteries-heart-attack-stroke-8619660#:~:text=After adjusting for factors that,within the three-year timeframe.

But there may be a bright side.  Maybe it will finally eliminate the stigma of sex with...

71hfCrbCg4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Haha 2