Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here

TOR

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

And probably my favorite.  I use this whenever a discussion becomes what bad could result from a decision.

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

You're not going to lose the house, everyone has three mortgages nowadays

Ray, for your information, the interest rate alone for the first five years comes to $95,000.

20 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"

Pretty sure Giant Slor was briefly one of my ICQ handles 25 years ago

22 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Out of all the lines in the movie, this is the one that I imagine that had the most trouble filming without people cracking up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ted! Annette! I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Ted! Annette! I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.

"So they're doing okay"

This is the one that always craved me up. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Right… that’s bad. Okay. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon. 

Edited by Dutch

Go get her, Ray

Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the next convenient parallel dimension.

That otta do it. Thanks very much, Ray.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, horngrad03 said:

Yes....have some. 

For some reason this is the quote that sticks with me more than any other.

Oh and this one:

"Do ya have any hobbies?"

2e893820-f067-4e05-9a34-93071480f455_tex

Edited by Rimbo

5 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

My favorite scene is when they are absolutely wrecking the ballroom. 

They have no fucking clue what they are doing so they use trial and error until they capture the fat green fuck.

and the flowers are still standing!

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/4/2024 at 3:30 PM, Hawndoh said:

It’s hard to overstate how much Grand Scene Theft of the First Degree Rick Moranis committed in that movie. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well, that's what I heard!

If I'm wrong, nothing happens! We go to jail. Peacefully, quietly. We'll enjoy it!

But if I'm right... and we can stop this thing... Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

• Hook 'Em 3

I learned that apparently MOST of the lines were ad-libbed. Including the entire party scene in Moranis's apartment; that entire scene is just him going on, in-character.