Shit's Borked

RPM

On 10/24/2022 at 9:07 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

That is weird, because if I type a post and don’t submit, and end up navigating back to the thread and opening the editor, it puts the previous content in there for me and I have to click a button to clear it. 

I have to hit the submit reply button a few times usually. Hit reply and the screen refreshes but my post isn't there and I have to hit the button again. It has saved from drunk ranting more than a few times though so not all bad 

Just posted a short - maybe 25 words or so - on the Quinn thread in Football. 

Actually no, because it just disappeared. Never showed. I hit "save" and the screen cleared and when it came back it was a totally different thread. Not the first time this has happened, although the other times I think it at least came back to the same thread.

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I have to hit the submit reply button a few times usually. 

Hitting save again always results in duplicate posts for me. It took about three or four "quote" hits on your message before the reply box came up... not sure I've seen that before, or maybe I just didn't notice.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I thought big was the fix. 

running slow tonight so I check and I was on web103 I think. Refreshed it and got s101. Have not logged out. 

oh, big is slow too. 

The indexes are rebuilding. I have a support ticket open with the software vendor because they keep getting dropped. 

53 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

All of the sudden on the page header, the thread topics are overlaid on the Surly/Bevo graphic.  It makes it damned near impossible to read, at least on mobile anyways.  The ridiculously small font seems even smaller. In short,  IT SUCKS.

I'll add the background back to something that makes it readable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

All of the sudden on the page header, the thread topics are overlaid on the Surly/Bevo graphic.  It makes it damned near impossible to read, at least on mobile anyways.  The ridiculously small font seems even smaller. In short,  IT SUCKS.

Indeed. Hate it

The ribbons are gone and the bottom and top. So when it lists like home/forum/thread now when you hit home it takes you just back to the forum you're in. Not all the way home. 

Formatting changed so it is narrower and more space between threads. Looks like shit. 

When i click on a thread it takes me to the top of the last page instead of taking me to the first new unread post. 

And finally,  when I click on my bookmark that is just surlyhorns.com it just takes me to a random board every time. 

This is all on mobile. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, pops said:

The ribbons are gone and the bottom and top. So when it lists like home/forum/thread now when you hit home it takes you just back to the forum you're in. Not all the way home. 

Formatting changed so it is narrower and more space between threads. Looks like shit. 

When i click on a thread it takes me to the top of the last page instead of taking me to the first new unread post. 

And finally,  when I click on my bookmark that is just surlyhorns.com it just takes me to a random board every time. 

This is all on mobile. 

this is most likely your computer except for the background nothing has changed today. I undid the change I made earlier, see if it works? if it doesn't try changing to nightmode and back. 

Screenshot_20221104_213200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.47c01c55f65cba1b77f03117135918f4.jpg

3 hours ago, immamac said:

this is most likely your computer except for the background nothing has changed today. I undid the change I made earlier, see if it works? if it doesn't try changing to nightmode and back. 

I'm already on dark mode. I got booted this morning and had to sign back in (no clue how anyone reads this place with ads) but it's been weird ever since I signed back in. Cleared cookies and all that. It's not unusable,  but noticeable different than yesterday. I'm on DDG so I get that isn't the best,  but testing on chrome I get the same results. 

Edited by pops

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Back to normal,  thank you...and my eyes thank you....

8 hours ago, pops said:

Screenshot_20221104_213200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.47c01c55f65cba1b77f03117135918f4.jpg

I'm already on dark mode. I got booted this morning and had to sign back in (no clue how anyone reads this place with ads) but it's been weird ever since I signed back in. Cleared cookies and all that. It's not unusable,  but noticeable different than yesterday. I'm on DDG so I get that isn't the best,  but testing on chrome I get the same results. 

That's weird cuz I didn't change anything at all. The breadcrumbs still show up on desktop and idk that they ever showed up on mobile for me. 

@immamac.... this is clearly a me problem because no one else seems to be bitching about it, and it isn't a deal breaker but it really makes browsing the site kind of suck. 

Until Sunday morning when I had to log in again for some reason, the home page was a list of all forums with the last thread posted in in each forum. Now it is whatever forum I was last in. I've deleted board cookies, changed servers, completely wiped all of my cookies and cached data in my browser (this is on DDG, but I get the same on Chrome).

Now home buttons only take me to the last forum I was in (or sometimes the football forum) There are no more breadcrumbs. Also post avatars are for the creator of the thread and their name instead of the avatar and name of last poster.  Did I fuck up a setting?  

Video attached. 

Edited by pops

See where it says “showing topics from 1 forum” at the top. Uncheck that and it’ll show stuff from all over the board and the breadcrumbs will likely come back. You can also turn off fluid mode at the top in the topics bar it’s the far left option instead of the far right which is fluid mode. 

@pops

1 hour ago, immamac said:

See where it says “showing topics from 1 forum” at the top. Uncheck that and it’ll show stuff from all over the board and the breadcrumbs will likely come back. You can also turn off fluid mode at the top in the topics bar it’s the far left option instead of the far right which is fluid mode. 

@pops

Thank you!   It was the fluid mode thing

48 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You're the one who controls the DNS entry lol, I can certainly recommend a better CDN provider than busted-ass CloudFlare 😛

Ezoic wants to run through Cloudflare in their stack. I'm convinced their shit is slower than straight surly though. I did turn on some pass-through cache the other day because their hit rate was less than 4% and images fucking load faster than their cached stuff because I offloaded images onto media.surlyhorns.com instead of busted ass Cloudflare.