Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

12 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

We also aren’t hiring anyone who doesn’t have HC experience. He’s a non starter

35 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Berman loved the Eric Sleeping with Bienemy line back in the day. 

I wouldn't hate the hire. Recruits would love it until he proved he wasn't the right guy if that were to happen. 

If he can "Ron McKelvey" Patrick Mahomes I'm in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Arguably the best OC and QB coach in the NFL and has a super bowl ring. You’re right tho- better go with PJ Fleck instead. 

He wasn’t hired as a head coach last year after that super bowl run. He does have a checkered background and how much of the chiefs offense is him and how much is Andy Reid?

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i still maintain to this day that gm steakhouse is the best burger in history.

why no one has sought to replicate that (the burger, not the SNL skit) don't understand.

This is absolute fact.  The GM Steakhouse Special Cheeseburger is the greatest hangover cure known to man.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Right before joining the Chiefs staff, offensive genius Eric Bieniemy was OC for Colorado in 2012 when they went 1-11 and had one of the worst offenses in college football.  But, yeah, I’m sure Bieniemy is awesome and it’s not at all Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.

I, for one, am shocked he's only mentioned for HC positions but hasn't landed one with his genius offensive mind. 

45 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You have to make Bill Belichick tell you no

Belichick couldn't put out the Cleveland Browns warp-core-powered-dumpster-fire, and Saban couldn't get a MNC at Meatchicken State.

I still wanted Saban despite all the haters among The Exes that called him "too old" NINE years ago (and he's still winning to this day at BamaJelly), but Mack and that unnamed BOR member (that Tom Hicks refused to name) poisoned that water-well.

What. A. Waste. this decade has been!

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Right before joining the Chiefs staff, offensive genius Eric Bieniemy was OC for Colorado in 2012 when they went 1-11 and had one of the worst offenses in college football.  But, yeah, I’m sure Bieniemy is awesome and it’s not at all Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.

Truth

18 hours ago, dcar00 said:

people felt bad for Charlie because he never thought he'd get this chance. Herman came in guns blazing with a big backing and flamed out. I don't feel sorry one iota. He was paid life changing money from Texas for extremely average peformance.  Sure it sucks when reality slaps your ass in the face but that's the gig.  Just because he followed 3 straight losing seasons doesn't mean he gets to ride mediocrity for 10 years. No one at Texas ever has, why should he be the first.  All he had to do was come in second in the shitty Big 12 for 3 years and he could have punched his ticket.  He did it once in 4 years. He can't beat Patterson, Riley, and is .500 against Gundy and Campbell. GTFO.

agree that Urban could stop the talk about him but it could be that he is fine letting Herman twist.  If he had no ties to Herman I'd say his silence is a really good sign but in this case in may just be spite.

When Herman nearly fell down hitting a locker with a sledgehammer I knew we were screwed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the CUM or bust thread has really gone full aggy today.  kinda took the wind out of the sails over here.  was all geared up to start the cdc pitchfork rally.  maybe cdc is actually the simulation architect.

The flight stuff over the last couple hours is pretty coincidental 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

It's interesting that the fire Tom Herman thread changed into the alternative options for UM while still carrying over Burger talk from the CUM or bust thread.

This is a really weird place, but at least it has become entertaining again.

Haven't had this much fun on the board in a while. The last 3 days have been a fucking blast.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, RGBIII said:

He wasn’t hired as a head coach last year after that super bowl run. He does have a checkered background and how much of the chiefs offense is him and how much is Andy Reid?

It’s almost all Reid’s. This Bienemy shit as a hot shit first rate candidate to be a head coach is absurd and stupid. 
I don’t doubt some owner will give him a job only to seriously regret it and ultimately fire him before year 3 finishes. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s almost all Reid’s. This Bienemy shit as a hot shit first rate candidate to be a head coach is absurd and stupid. 
I don’t doubt some owner will give him a job only to seriously regret it and ultimately fire him before year 3 finishes. 

Eric Bienemy is Matt Nagy with a nickname.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I called it first....

Man, I don't think we'd roll like that. I'm not sure Urban would be on board with that. A long-time friend who covered the Big 12/Texas for nearly 30 years and I traded texts yesterday about this. He said somebody had told him -- I have no idea who so can't speak to the legitimacy -- that Urban's wish is to be announced HC before Fox pregame show to avoid embarrassing questions. If he accepts the job, some at UT want to wait until after the K-State game. (My buddy and I both agreed it's probably better to side with Urban on this one. Do what he wants. If that includes letting Herman go before the game, do it. And let Ash or somebody handle HC duties in the final game. With any luck, it will get cancelled due to COVID issues.)

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Man, I don't think we'd roll like that. I'm not sure Urban would be on board with that. A long-time friend who covered the Big 12/Texas for nearly 30 years and I traded texts yesterday about this. He said somebody had told him -- I have no idea who so can't speak to the legitimacy -- that Urban's wish is to be announced HC before Fox pregame show to avoid embarrassing questions. If he accepts the job, some at UT want to wait until after the K-State game. (My buddy and I both agreed it's probably better to side with Urban on this one. Do what he wants. If that includes letting Herman go before the game, do it. And let Ash or somebody handle HC duties in the final game. With any luck, it will get cancelled due to COVID issues.)

way to ruin my dream...

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'd prefer it happen right after the game.  They pull Tom aside after the loss, and Urban himself says "find your own ride home motherfucker, this seat's taken"

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, C-Man said:

See Viper, it lines up with Squids hieroglyphics. Gonna be announced on Fox.

CHIEF

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas