The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t mention the names of Ohio Republicans much because I don’t want to advertise for them. I’ve reported on how all their campaign ads talk about how pro-Trump they are. Josh Mandel’s name has come up before and I mentioned that the tagline on his campaign ads is “Pro-GOD, Pro-GUN, Pro-TRUMP.” Well, since that tool Gibbons name has come up I’ll let you know that he actually has a campaign ad that attacks Mandel and claims that he’s more pro-Trump than Josh is. They’re actually trying to out-Trump each other. It’s disgusting. One might say it’s deplorable. 

Isn't Mandel the guy who "debated" a Democrat and basically spent the whole time spouting complete bullshit that (of course) skirting anything that might be considered "real issues?"

37 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Isn't Mandel the guy who "debated" a Democrat and basically spent the whole time spouting complete bullshit that (of course) skirting anything that might be considered "real issues?"

Probably. The firehouse of bullshit these people spew makes it hard to keep up. 

Huh. How about that.

I legitimately had no idea San Francisco and Jacksonville were the same population wise. I thought SF was much bigger.

f571e69c7ed61034454ba65464aaf6d6.jpg

giphy.gif
e8294b63efcbaafbfa66bf6b43556aa2.jpg
7ea8bdd608033c01717cc332e7403641.jpg

Jacksonville is the largest major city by land area and SF is the smallest. So while their populations are similar, they really couldn’t be more different in terms of density.

Templars gave up all their possessions, took vows of poverty and chastity, and learned to fight as well as protect others. That was before the items were given to him by the Order.

This clown couldn’t handle a single one of those sacrifices or vows.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Jacksonville is the largest major city by land area and SF is the smallest. So while their populations are similar, they really couldn’t be more different in terms of density.

Wouldn't more density logically result in more crime/homicides?   

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Their argument according to our ol’Chip Roy is that the bill in its current form gives too much power to the executive branch, and it’s not well defined. I mean… ok, then don’t spout shit like this right?

Why attack Biden out of one side of their mouths, when they can do it from both sides? They've proven they don't care about anything but scoring political hits on the Dems.

2 hours ago, YChang said:

Their argument according to our ol’Chip Roy is that the bill in its current form gives too much power to the executive branch, and it’s not well defined. I mean… ok, then don’t spout shit like this right?

Meanwhile, isn’t trump saying he intends to vastly increase executive powers?

so really, it’s too much executive power for a democrat but once a Republican gets back in we will give him so much power he never has to leave. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

literally, the dumbest mother fuckers alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if maga had any balls, they'd off themselves to own the libs. the dumbest mother fuckers alive, also the biggest cowards to walk this planet. 

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

literally, the dumbest mother fuckers alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if maga had any balls, they'd off themselves to own the libs. the dumbest mother fuckers alive, also the biggest cowards to walk this planet. 

seriously, how do we start that? what fake outrage can we choose to accomplish this?

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

seriously, how do we start that? what fake outrage can we choose to accomplish this?

I’d feel very owned if maga cowards started off’ing themselves !!!

i might not recover, and I’m not even a lib !!

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

This could go in any number of threads, but this seems an appropriate one.  Here is my theory on what is happening, especially with regards to Americans, but also around the world to some extent.

I really think that the internet and specifically social media have had a dire effect on the global psyche.  I really think a ton of people have disconnected from reality.  They treat it like it's a TV show, which sort of makes sense when you think about it.

You know when you get into your phone and the world continues around you, but those few minutes you completely zone out the real world?  It's a real thing.  I think it has destroyed some people's sense of reality.

It's extraordinarily dangerous.

• Hook 'Em 2

"Spouting off obvious untruths is no longer a mark of shame, because even basic historical and contemporary truths are not recognized. We seem to have a stable set of about 30% of Americans, 35% of white Americans, who are oblivious to political realities and incapable and unwilling to come to terms with any of our key social problems. The increasing control over public education by right-wing fanatics is entrenching ignorance and intellectual laziness in future generations. It does not bode well for the future of American democracy."

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/opinion/new-research-on-trump-voters-theyre-not-the-sharpest-tools-in-the-box/ar-AAVoNEA?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"Spouting off obvious untruths is no longer a mark of shame, because even basic historical and contemporary truths are not recognized. We seem to have a stable set of about 30% of Americans, 35% of white Americans, who are oblivious to political realities and incapable and unwilling to come to terms with any of our key social problems. The increasing control over public education by right-wing fanatics is entrenching ignorance and intellectual laziness in future generations. It does not bode well for the future of American democracy."

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/opinion/new-research-on-trump-voters-theyre-not-the-sharpest-tools-in-the-box/ar-AAVoNEA?ocid=sapphireappshare

@Huckleberry

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This could go in any number of threads, but this seems an appropriate one.  Here is my theory on what is happening, especially with regards to Americans, but also around the world to some extent.

I really think that the internet and specifically social media have had a dire effect on the global psyche.  I really think a ton of people have disconnected from reality.  They treat it like it's a TV show, which sort of makes sense when you think about it.

You know when you get into your phone and the world continues around you, but those few minutes you completely zone out the real world?  It's a real thing.  I think it has destroyed some people's sense of reality.

It's extraordinarily dangerous.

I meant to include this idea, but I don't think it really came through.  The reason this is so fucked is that people are treating this entire virtual world as if it isn't real.  I think they have some sense that it is connected to reality, but there are no consequences to their interactions in this virtual world, even if it has consequences on the other end.  Hence why I think you've got so many shithead republicans that are emboldened.  They would never lash out on social media and be inspired to vote the way they have if they had to confront these situations in person.  It's all not really happening to them.  It's just online.  

When you don't have consequences for your actions, in theory, you can do and say whatever you want.  A few hundred of them fucked around and found out on Jan 6, and a few hundred more across the spectrum of bad behavior in public otherwise, but the vast majority treat it as a virtual reality world instead of a reality world.

Again, this is extraordinarily dangerous.  The rhetoric continues to ramp up and the public displays continue to ramp up as well.  It's building towards something that doesn't end well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

OmLnIA.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Lana Del Rey Yes GIF

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I meant to include this idea, but I don't think it really came through.  The reason this is so fucked is that people are treating this entire virtual world as if it isn't real.  I think they have some sense that it is connected to reality, but there are no consequences to their interactions in this virtual world, even if it has consequences on the other end.  Hence why I think you've got so many shithead republicans that are emboldened.  They would never lash out on social media and be inspired to vote the way they have if they had to confront these situations in person.  It's all not really happening to them.  It's just online.  

When you don't have consequences for your actions, in theory, you can do and say whatever you want.  A few hundred of them fucked around and found out on Jan 6, and a few hundred more across the spectrum of bad behavior in public otherwise, but the vast majority treat it as a virtual reality world instead of a reality world.

Again, this is extraordinarily dangerous.  The rhetoric continues to ramp up and the public displays continue to ramp up as well.  It's building towards something that doesn't end well.

From the ledge, I agree, and would add that it is not unlike what happens when you have a major life event (death in the family, illness etc) that sidelines you to the point where focusing upon that crisis takes most of your energy. One has the sensation that the world is continuing on and will indeed continue on, and you are more of an observer more than a participant--watching from the bench as everyone else rides the carousel.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

workers of the world uniting to contest policies they think unfair.  when they fall ill during such united efforts, they demand health care subsidized by either their factory/terminal  owners and/or the government.  Hmmmmmm, I swear there's another name for this.  

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

One has the sensation that the world is continuing on and will indeed continue on, and you are more of an observer more than a participant--watching from the bench as everyone else rides the carousel.

Except in this case, the people on the bench are throwing random bombs into the carousel and squealing with glee.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Outstanding piece