Zach Smith is a stupid, disgusting piece of shit.

Beau Vine

Normal dude sitting in his skid row motel. smoking a little rock. says "fuck that court order, i wanna see my kids"  

Goes to school. principal says" I'm sorry sir. We have a court order saying..." 

Normal dude " naw thats bullshit!  I just wanna see my kids "

Principal " im sorry, sir. Youll need to leavenor we will have to call the cops "

Normal guy " ok. Guess ill need to talk to my lawyer about this " 

Psycho crack dude " fuck you! Your laws dont mean shit to me!  You are a Tom Herman lackey!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Normal dude sitting in his skid row motel. smoking a little rock. says "fuck that court order, i wanna see my kids"  

Goes to school. principal says" I'm sorry sir. We have a court order saying..." 

Normal dude " naw thats bullshit!  I just wanna see my kids "

Principal " im sorry, sir. Youll need to leavenor we will have to call the cops "

Normal guy " ok. Guess ill need to talk to my lawyer about this " 

Psycho crack dude " fuck you! Your laws dont mean shit to me!  You are a Tom Herman lackey!!!"

Rep for ‘normal dude’ and ‘smoking a little rock’ in same sentence.  Lol

On 5/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

This guy needs to move to a farm, things ain’t working out in Urban environments 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:17 PM, HenryJames said:

He needs to get a horse and live in the mountains someplace and don’t bother anybody.

Whoosh!

Highlighted for those that missed it.

22 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Not planning- probate.  All I did was liquid NW north of 10MM.  Easily the worst.  When there’s that much at stake, every fourth cousin thrice removed comes out of the woodwork represented by their buddy from Grenada Tech Law School and telling some sob story to try to bust the trusts and will. 

Damn, first you misread my post, and then you call out Grenada Tech.  This cannot stand.

I said "high wealth - trust and tax planned - client" meaning someone that was high wealth, and had their shit PLANNED.    

I did not intend to discuss planning, but it is definitely cleaner than probate, but where's the fun in a desk-jockey practice.

Question, for those of us that went to Grenada Tech, how do you exclude the under 10MM NW clients from your practice?  TwiceHorn wants to know too, I"m sure.

4 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

All she needs to do to get protective orders for the rest of her life is just submit his tweets. 

D6KUVfXWwAAZMkW.jpg:large

Sometimes you'd think Zach would see "social media" isn't his best outlet for frustration, but it gives us all a good laugh...

Not to threadjack, and not a lawyer, but I do work at an elementary school in Texas. Stuff like this is becoming all too common. 
The non-custodial parent trying to use the school to gain access to the kids. The amount of paperwork, phone calls, and flags in records
that our front office has to deal with is just mind blowing. Sadly crazy, stupid, pissed off parents may very well be the next demographic to shoot up a school. 
Doesnt surprise me. I bet 30-40% of the new bus riders we receive have different last names from their moms and dads. Parents are crazy

22 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

If that person had cancer but didn't admit to having cancer, won't get treatment for cancer and swore up and down that it's really his wife that has cancer and it was Tom Herman who gave him his nonexistent cancer, then yes.

Are we talking about fake cancer again?

14 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11796793

giphy.gif 

"You're like me."

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CoTex said:

Damn, first you misread my post, and then you call out Grenada Tech.  This cannot stand.

I said "high wealth - trust and tax planned - client" meaning someone that was high wealth, and had their shit PLANNED.    

I did not intend to discuss planning, but it is definitely cleaner than probate, but where's the fun in a desk-jockey practice.

Question, for those of us that went to Grenada Tech, how do you exclude the under 10MM NW clients from your practice?  TwiceHorn wants to know too, I"m sure.

I agree planning helps.  But it's not a panacea.  And I wasn't impugning the skills of said lawyer, just his moral compass. Let me tell an example from real life.

So HNW individual has a plan that includes, for reasons both altruistic and otherwise, a sizeable bequest to a charity or charities.  Maybe the residuary.  

So when said individual dies, his benficiaries go happily to the courthouse to probate, and are met by second cousin twice removed.  She says "you folks never knew it but I was secretly his favorite.  Here's his real will where I get everything.  No pourover trusts, no houses to you - it's all mine as dead guy reeally wanted it.

In my experience it doesn't take a ton to at least slow a probate that way, and it certainly doesn't take an air-tight case to derail one, self-proving affidavits and in terrorem clauses be damned.  So said lawyer from Heartbreak Ridge Poly then starts a barrage of length and uncomfortable discovery, including depo notices of all the family members.

The family rightly yells 'when will this madness stop!"  The lawyer either talks the court into a mediation, or works on the more non-confrontational, scared, or broke familty members until he talks them into some type of informal mediation gathering.

At said mediation, lawyer says (without really saying it)  "I will make this take forever and cost a lot. You won't get anything for a long time, and you may have to spend a lot of it to get there."  

"BUT," he says "I have a better idea."

"Just give my poor client what dead guy bequeathed to charity.  She's family, they're not.  You don't lose a penny, and we can make the deal tonight.  You've just got to convince the charity - give them some token amount to go away."

Just like that, the charity is in a tough spot - they have effectively gone from being part of the majority to the sole member of the group keeping the family from their money.   If they say "Fuck you" they draw the ire of a bunch of wealthy, possibly influential people.  And they look greedy and litigious, things people don't like when deciding who to give their hard-earned tax avoidance scheme money to.

Now imagine how the next 3-4 hours of mediation and the following few weeks go for the charity and its counsel.  And for the dead guy's lawyer who wrote the will and now counsel for the estate.

This is one of the reasons I switched to commercial litigation and IP.

16 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I agree planning helps.  But it's not a panacea.  And I wasn't impugning the skills of said lawyer, just his moral compass. Let me tell an example from real life.

So HNW individual has a plan that includes, for reasons both altruistic and otherwise, a sizeable bequest to a charity or charities.  Maybe the residuary.  

So when said individual dies, his benficiaries go happily to the courthouse to probate, and are met by second cousin twice removed.  She says "you folks never knew it but I was secretly his favorite.  Here's his real will where I get everything.  No pourover trusts, no houses to you - it's all mine as dead guy reeally wanted it.

In my experience it doesn't take a ton to at least slow a probate that way, and it certainly doesn't take an air-tight case to derail one, self-proving affidavits and in terrorem clauses be damned.  So said lawyer from Heartbreak Ridge Poly then starts a barrage of length and uncomfortable discovery, including depo notices of all the family members.

The family rightly yells 'when will this madness stop!"  The lawyer either talks the court into a mediation, or works on the more non-confrontational, scared, or broke familty members until he talks them into some type of informal mediation gathering.

At said mediation, lawyer says (without really saying it)  "I will make this take forever and cost a lot. You won't get anything for a long time, and you may have to spend a lot of it to get there."  

"BUT," he says "I have a better idea."

"Just give my poor client what dead guy bequeathed to charity.  She's family, they're not.  You don't lose a penny, and we can make the deal tonight.  You've just got to convince the charity - give them some token amount to go away."

Just like that, the charity is in a tough spot - they have effectively gone from being part of the majority to the sole member of the group keeping the family from their money.   If they say "Fuck you" they draw the ire of a bunch of wealthy, possibly influential people.  And they look greedy and litigious, things people don't like when deciding who to give their hard-earned tax avoidance scheme money to.

Now imagine how the next 3-4 hours of mediation and the following few weeks go for the charity and its counsel.  And for the dead guy's lawyer who wrote the will and now counsel for the estate.

This is one of the reasons I switched to commercial litigation and IP.

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The irony of him being forced to wear orange tho.

Can’t believe Ohio State employed this loon 9 months ago

He must be a savant at WR coaching. How else could this drunk, unstable, wife abusing, cocaine using, dildo buying crazy person have kept a job that long. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1