In the hospital, I had a stroke.

Beau Vine

Crazy s*** going on tonight. Guy next to me apparently flipped a semi on I-35. Nurse asked him if he had ever been in the hospital. He said yeah she asked what for. He said asthma then he said shot she'sshe said a gunshot he said yeah she said wrong place wrong time kind of thing? He said I used to live in Chicago she said oh okay.

Some teenage girl four beds down apparently turned into the girl from The Exorcist. She was screaming for a doctor  and wailing and s*** and they called a code gray on her. Other patients were yelling at her to shut the hell up. My nurse came by and asked if I was okay. I asked if he had to get involved in that. He said she comes in all the time.

4 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Sorry to hear the news.  Get better and out of there soon. Glad you have Surly as an outlet while there.  Constant fapping is offputting for the hospital staff. 

They just transferred me to a different floor. The new nurse literally wanted to do a wipe or wash first thing. Literallye of the first thing she said to me was take your pants off

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 7

Been there. Mine was a small clot instead of a bleed. I was in Oklahoma. They thought I had a TIA. A couple of fine Shaggy Drs diagnosed mine over the internet better than the Oklahoma Drs, in the hospital, looking at results AND ME. HookMD was one, and I'm very sorry that I can't remember the other. You've come to the right place. Guys (and gals) at TOS were great to me, and helped me realize what I had in life. Good luck! I hope you have a full recovery, and very soon!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I feel fine, and it's not like half my face doesn't work or I'm slurring words while sober. But any stupid posts I make from here on out will be blamed on this.

Phlegm's managed to do it for years so I think you'll be fine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sorry to hear that, bud. It sucks no matter what, but this close to Christmas is an extra dose of such. You got to it early, it sounds like, and as mentioned above, the things they can do these days with early intervention is remarkable. You'll be back on your feet before you know it.

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

Can I have your bbq pit if you die?

Get well soon!

Surly boiled down to its essence: Best wishes and sorry about your situation and what not but no matter your situation your balls are ripe for busting and no one gets by without getting shit stacked on them.   I’d accept no less if I was on life support.   Well done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

When you are well this will be a cool thing to tell people.  

Want to hear somthing hilarious.  Daughter flew back from Colorado yesterday, and this is the first time she has brought her boyfriend.

She said, 'I know this isn't funny now, but do you realize how hysterical this is going to be back at school?

• Like 1