Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

If something happens to Omar after this shit he's throwing out, there's no walking back from that. Fox News once had to tell him to lay off Megyn Kelly because she was getting death threats after he went after her. Perhaps it's time they do the same for Omar. It will be on them too. 

If something happens to Omar after this shit he's throwing out, there's no walking back from that. Fox News once had to tell him to lay off Megyn Kelly because she was getting death threats after he went after her. Perhaps it's time they do the same for Omar. It will be on them too. 

It won’t matter. She’s a mooslem. She had it comin’. That will be their take, and that will be that.

Nothing matters. You know that by now.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It won’t matter. She’s a mooslem. She had it comin’. That will be their take, and that will be that.

Nothing matters. You know that by now.

Very similar to how they've talked about rape in the past.

25 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If you don't think Buttigieg is a serious contender, at least right now,  you're not paying attention. 

I've been paying attention.  From all I've seen and heard he's a strong option.  I just don't think he'll clear the primary, much less the election.

6 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Leaving Republicans out of the equation for the moment, what should have been done that hasn't been done?

I assume that’s the same question that you’ll be asking a year or two after he loses the election* and he refuses to leave and is still there.  “What was anyone supposed to do, the Republicans would have made it impossible.”

Impeachment proceedings should have been started within 24 hours of Helsinki at the very least, if not removal by force.  

*he’s not going to lose 

Edited by Jack Straw

21 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Viability of his candidacy aside, I wish Pete would keep attacking him on Twitter.  Because the resulting meltdown by Trump would be epic.

Absolutely.  You know Trump won't be able to resist a butt joke forever.  His base will think it's hilarious.

11 hours ago, RPM said:

Actually that would be a bad thing. The Trumpkins would rally round the flag and Pence would swear to continue his legacy. Nothing good could come from this. 

I hate pence but he’s not a risk to randomly nuke anyone or listen as closely to S. Miller.  Plus he’d have zero chance to win in 2020.  

11 hours ago, RPM said:

Actually that would be a bad thing. The Trumpkins would rally round the flag and Pence would swear to continue his legacy. Nothing good could come from this. 

They have already gone all in on their racism and stupidity.  We might as well hope for a dotard-less world as part of the deal. 

39 minutes ago, tucker said:

Comical if anyone thinks R will do anything of Omar is killed from a Trump fanatic. Trump supporters will endorse genocide as long as you sell that that their taxes are going down.

Actually they wouldn’t care about their taxes going down. Most of Trump’s base would gladly pay more if it goes to hurting minorities.

1 hour ago, tucker said:

Comical if anyone thinks R will do anything of Omar is killed from a Trump fanatic. Trump supporters will endorse genocide as long as you sell that that their taxes are going down.

I watched the Kenneth Branaugh WW2 movie "Conspiracy" last night.  It showed how people who clearly had some initial discomfort with the "evacuation" (extermination) of Jews would eventually come around, in no small part because their lives likely depended on compliance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I watched the Kenneth Branaugh WW2 movie "Conspiracy" last night.  It showed how people who clearly had some initial discomfort with the "evacuation" (extermination) of Jews would eventually come around, in no small part because their lives likely depended on compliance.

Their lives didn't depend on compliance at the start. Many citizens are cowards who aren't going to speak out because doing so might disrupt their generally comfortable lifestyle. 

What's happening to "them" is alarming, but it's not happening to me, so I will just sit here quietly and wring my hands about it. 

The masses take to the streets when their own lifestyle is at risk. No food on the table, no jobs, that's when people take to the streets. Because they have to. 

A piece of shit leader can get away with all manner of evil as long as most people are fed and warm at night. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Their lives didn't depend on compliance at the start.

These were officers of the SS and other assorted Nazi officials, not the average German citizen.  Think Lindsey Graham, Gym Jordan, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, William Barr, etc. 

I'm pretty sure continued pushback would have led to banishment, if not worse.  They all capitulated, no matter how repugnant it was to some.  Almost none of them equated "evacuation" with "extermination" until the language slowly shifted and became more pointed over the course of the meeting.  Although the movie only covers a single half-day gathering, it was wholly based on an actual event, and a little followup research revealed that one of the attendees committed suicide before the war was over.  Go watch it -- despite obvious differences between Nazi Germany and the modern US, the similarities are a little disarming.  

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Once you're in a room discussing extermination you've long since reached the point of no return. That shit has to be challenged way earlier, like say when they are trying to speak at college campuses or taking to the streets wielding tiki torches

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Once you're in a room discussing extermination you've long since reached the point of no return. That shit has to be challenged way earlier, like say when they are trying to speak at college campuses or taking to the streets wielding tiki torches

I don't disagree, but in this case it was a shock to most in the room.  We should see it as a warning shot -- look what can happen if the people and elected officials DON'T push back soon enough. 

And yet, many of our own around here continue to scoff and deflect and declare it the left's fault that Trump is in office, all the while ignoring his glaringly obvious authoritarian leanings.  I guess I really overestimate some peoples' intelligence at times, because we are well on our way.  Could it be a self-limiting process, like a nuclear reaction that extinguishes before runaway?  Probably.  Should we take that chance?  I don't think so.

Edited by jimmyjazz

I've been getting Trump email since I registered for some poll last year. People here used funny names. I used my own and my actual email address.

Here's the latest appeal to his supporters:

Roma,

Despite the countless failed attempts from the Democrats and the FAKE NEWS media, President Trump is more popular than ever.

The more they try to bring him down, the more he just keeps WINNING.

The days of accurate polling from the media are over and instead of listening to what they think, the President wants to know what YOU think.

That’s why he asked us to launch an Official Weekly President Trump Tracking Poll so that we can show the President updated, accurate and UNBIASED results every week.

Please add your input in our national tracking poll for the week by representing the 78736 zip code today. Show us where you stand in relation to the Fake News Polls.

Weekly President Trump Tracking Poll [April 6 - April 13]

Weekly Presidential Tracking Poll

EVERY WEEK we’re going to show the Democrats just how WRONG the Fake News polls are. We’ll have them reeling as they head into the 2020 Election.

Because this poll is only going to real American Patriots, your vote will have a HUGE impact on the results.

The President wants to know what you think, Roma, and you don’t want to miss this chance to have your voice heard.

Tell the President what you think by casting your vote IMMEDIATELY to have your submission counted in our official results.

Thank you,

Official Trump Polling Team

I replaced my real name, Sean, with Roma so you degenerates won't know my real first name. We American Patriots are no dummies!

Anyway, looks like Donald wants his polling information the same way he likes all of his information.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Can you die from receiving too many blowjobs?

If I ever end up on death row, my spiritual advisor will be making the case that being on the receiving end of this method is the only humane way to execute me.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

The last week in DC https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1116811681462616065

David Rothkopf @djrothkopf

Something broke in America this week. We have been spiraling downward since Trump's election, but this week, we crossed a line. The President and his men began asserting that they were above the law--and effectively no one in our system did anything to stop them.

The Attorney General sneered at the Congress and placed himself imperiously above its questions. He continued to arrogate onto himself what portions of the Mueller Report--paid for by the people, essentially in its totality to the Congress to do its duty--we would see.

He asserted again that he was the final arbiter of whether obstruction of justice by the president had taken place. He even went so far as to imply that law enforcement authorities carrying out their duty to protect America were somehow "spying", perhaps illicitly...

on the Trump campaign. (Ignoring that the reasons for the investigation in question were not only sound...but the core reason...that Russia had sought to aid the Trump campaign in the election had been proven again by Mueller.)

At the same time, the Secretary of the Treasury and the head of the IRS determined to violate a law that required in no uncertain terms for them to provide the president's tax returns to the chairman of the House Ways and Means committee.

At the same time a purge at the Department of Homeland Security took place and it became quickly clear it was because the president and his team were frustrated that officials would not act in violation of the law. We learned that the White House promised pardons...

to those who break the law, encouraging a crime and abetting it. We learned that they considered an egregious abuse of power that would involve releasing illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities controlled by Democrats.

We saw the president complain that our military would not rough up immigrants. We saw him continue the charade of an emergency at our southern border which was an excuse for him illegally divert government resources to an unnecessary, racist, vanity project.

The president repeatedly called law enforcement officers who investigated him traitors, guilty of treason--a crime that carries with it the death penalty. We discovered that the president considered appointing his grossly unqualified daughter to be head of the World Bank.

It is the stuff of the world's most dysfunctional governments. But rather than generating a response from within our system commensurate with the threat, nothing occurred. The GOP leaders in the Senate circled round the president and supported his abuses.

In so doing, they sent a message that they would never challenge him much less convict him of the myriad crimes he has committed. The checks and balances our system was built upon are gone. Worse, the courts are being packed with Trump cronies--often unqualified.

Agencies are being left to appointed caretakers some outside the normal chain of succession, many unconfirmed for their current posts by the Senate. Political opponents tip-toed around these crimes daring not to appear "too extreme."

This is how democracies die. The rule of law is slowly strangled. The unthinkable becomes commonplace. The illegal becomes accepted--from violations of the emoluments clause to self-dealing to Federal election law crimes to serial sexual abuse.

What once was black and white blurs into grey. Right and wrong, old principles, enduring values, fade from memory. Authoritarians arrive in our midst not in tanks but in bad suits and worse haircuts.

I have long thought our system was better than this--more resilient. But candidly, I'm no longer sure. I remain hopeful...hopeful that the next election cycle can redress this manifold wrongs. But it will not be easy. It will be too close. Trump may be with us for six more yrs.

Why? Because we allowed ourselves to become inured to the unthinkable. We are dying the death of a thousand cuts. Right now, this week, the president and his band of thugs are winning. They have become unabashed in their attacks on the law.

They are daring someone to enforce it. But what if...what if the courts rule against them but they ignore it? What if the Treasury Secretary has violated a law and no one arrests him. What if the president steals and canoodles with enemies and he goes unpunished?

Their crimes will only grow more egregious and their ways will only grow more ingrained in our system. Their violations will in fact become the system itself. Corruption will be the norm-greater corruption,to be sure,since it it was corruption that got us here in the first place.

Our only hope is recognizing the seriousness of our situation. This is not politics as usual. This is not an erosion of what was. This is a full blown crisis, the greatest American politics has faced in half a century...perhaps much longer.

It is not a time for equivocation. It is not a time for patience. It is time for those who seek to protect the rule of law to step up to protect it or the chance may not soon again return.

Edited by retread
  • Like 3