Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

58 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That was yesterday. Here's the latest from today.

McConnell blocks two election security bills

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) blocked two election security measures on Thursday, arguing Democrats are trying to give themselves a "political benefit."

The move comes a day after former special counsel Robert Mueller warned about election meddling in 2020, saying Russia was laying the groundwork to interfere in the 2020 election "as we sit here."

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) had tried to get consent Thursday to pass a House bill that requires the use of paper ballots and includes funding for the Election Assistance Commission. It passed the House 225-184 with one Republican voting for it.

But McConnell objected, saying Schumer was trying to pass “partisan legislation.” 

“Clearly this request is not a serious effort to make a law. Clearly something so partisan that it only received one single solitary Republican vote in the House is not going to travel through the Senate by unanimous consent,” McConnell said.

Under the Senate’s rules any one senator can request consent to pass a bill, but any one senator can object.

Schumer argued that if McConnell didn’t like that bill “let’s put another bill on the floor and debate it.”

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) also asked for consent to pass legislation that would require candidates, campaign officials and their family members to notify the FBI of assistance offers from foreign governments.

McConnell also objected to that bill. 

In his testimony before Congress on Wednesday, Mueller warned about continued Russian interference in U.S. elections.

“We are expecting them to do it again during the next campaign,” Mueller said.

Schumer cited Mueller’s testimony on Thursday as a prime example that more legislation is needed from Congress. 

“It was important for all us to hear straight from Robert Mueller's mouth that the threat from Russia and other foreign adversaries seeking to meddle in our elections is very real and still very much ongoing,” Schumer said.

“Mueller's testimony was a clarion call for election security. Mueller's testimony should be a wake-up call to every American, Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative, that the integrity of our elections is at stake. … This is all about the future of this country,” he added.

McConnell is the most dangerous person in the government.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Gerrymandering gives the GOP an unfair advantage in House elections. They don't care how they win. I honestly don't know what's foremost in their minds in terms of motivation. Raw power hunger? Money? A belief that they and only they can save America from changing into something new?

The controlling party of South Africa that installed apartheid despite being a racial minority, starting in 1911 and culminating in 1948:

south_africa_national_party_cc_img.jpg

The controlling party of the United States whose members will be a racial minority within 25 years:
republican_budget_mcconnell.jpg

Any more questions?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartheid

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The important issues. 

apparently getting a rapper out of jail is ultra important to all black Americans. 

Trump gonna slap some IKEA tariffs on Sweden post haste. Doesn't want to do it, but feels he owes it to them. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Treat A$AP Rocky humanely!  Give him FREEDOM!  Locking a man from another country in a cage, separated from his family, who knows if he’s even getting access to running water or clean clothes or medical care ... you fucking Swedes are animals!

To be fair- it's Sweden. He's got free health care, and probably has the opportunity to graduate school for no cost as well.

Plus, all the meatballs he can eat. #Winning

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

What the fuck is going on?  I mean, just what the FUCK!?  I'm grabbing my scotch and going to the ledge.

I read that as "I'm grabbing my crotch and going to the ledge" which, although it doesn't make all that much sense, sounds appropriate.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The important issues. 

apparently getting a rapper out of jail is ultra important to all black Americans. 

We shop at IKEA.  We buy ABBA records.  We eat your meatballs.  Do this for us.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The important issues. 

Nope, I’m a black and don’t care.

kinda karma for A$AP if you’ve followed some of his past comments

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Trump's going to respond to this unfair treatment by the Swedes by not letting Swedish immigrants into the country. Oh, who am I kidding. They're white. He'll still want them here. 

Why the hell would anyone emigrate from Sweden to this shithole country?

15 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

I'm not racist I have a black friend.

That's exactly what this is all about.

52 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Trump gonna slap some IKEA tariffs on Sweden post haste. Doesn't want to do it, but feels he owes it to them. 

Shit.  I better run and buy some toffee candy from there before the tariffs go into affect. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

The important issues. 

"we do so much for sweden."

so...when we have goodwill built up and need a favor...this is what we choose to spend it on?

yeah, that tracks.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I can’t decide which part of that tweet was my favorite: the insinuation that rappers only matter to black Americans or ignoring another country’s sovereignty and litigating  the release of Kanye West’s friend over Twitter. 

This might be Trump’s opus. 

after the raptors said they would also not go to the white house, he tweeted something about black unemployment numbers.

but i heard he has a black friend, so we're all good here.

19 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m having a hard time thinking of a country that gives less of a fuck what we think of them than Sweden. Denmark?  Malta? 

Denmark is part of NATO, so they care a little. Switzerland? Uzbekistan? Bolivia? Mozambique?