Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Imagine a world where the Federal Reserve Board of Governors was replaced with an All Star cast of former Real World cast members, imagine a intentionally placing self absorbed reality TV personalities in charge of the nation's most important levers of government that impacts the entire world. Replacing the Joint Chiefs with the cast of Jersey Shore.

That is exactly what we have done but we selected the worst human out of all the reality TV personalities.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Any chance Anonymous is Bolton?

He joined the administration March 22, 2018.

The OpEd was published on September 5, 2018.

He “resigned” on September 10, 2019.

The book is to be released November 19, 2019.

My litmus test for who anonymous is:

“What would happen to anonymous if they were found out?”

Either anonymous was an op with Trump’s knowledge or it’s someone that could get away with it with little to no consequences if Trump discovered their identity.   

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My litmus test for who anonymous is:

“What would happen to anonymous if they were found out?”

Either anonymous was an op with Trump’s knowledge or it’s someone that could get away with it with little to no consequences if Trump discovered their identity.   

Why not this guy? 

5da451354af9090ee16b23aa?width=1100&form

32 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Any chance Anonymous is Bolton?

He joined the administration March 22, 2018.

The OpEd was published on September 5, 2018.

He “resigned” on September 10, 2019.

The book is to be released November 19, 2019.

That's a tight window and I don't think a high ranking official would be working on a book while in office. I could see kellyanne doing it because who knows what she does 9-5 anyway. Plus, she gets off on the spectacle. 

3 minutes ago, Pasken said:

That's a tight window and I don't think a high ranking official would be working on a book while in office. I could see kellyanne doing it because who knows what she does 9-5 anyway. Plus, she gets off on the spectacle. 

Plus she wants to be able to go to DC parties afterwards and claim she was just following orders, but she was also still a good person, and do you need a spin doctor?

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Again, it’s gonna be a Ledge Sausage Party if you don’t diversify your refreshments and party favors.

Need some White Claw, Valium, and season three of “The Crown” for us gals.

Preach! Plus, I've got fresh baked brownies with ice cream on the side because chocolate solves a lot of problems and the liquor does the rest.

Lots of retweets the past few hours. Tom Joseph (the dementia conspiracy guy) observed that the President has only been viewed seated since Friday. They (his followers) are speculating that his balance issues are worsening.

23 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Plus, George is a professional (legal) writer and could have co-written.

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's late in the day and the shadows of the mental midgets like me loom large, so you're going to have to help out here. What do you mean?

i was just making a joke that i too have been mostly seated since friday.  and since it's the mlb playoffs, i've also been drinking, therefore i'm having issues with my balance.

sigh.  go stros.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Sounds like just another grift to me.

This person is obviously more interested in making a buck than saving the Republic.  

"Hey guys, I'm staring at a baby stroller parked on train tracks.  This situation is crazy.  I'm within ten feet away from the impending disaster, so I'll be a valuable asset to give you the most accurate account.  The train is now less than a 1/2 mile away and closing fast.  Be sure to catch my tell all next week to find out what happens next.  Oh!  And, I mean obviously, I'll eventually get involved and maybe do a signing and meet and greet.  Oh, one more thing ... 20% off if you pre-order on Amazon!  Anyway, not looking good for this baby."

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

He has mastered the art of turning "just got completely humiliated and made someone's bitch" into 'lemme tell you about my YUGE victory!"

Metaphorically, he's an NFL team that just lost its first 9 games by an average margin of 50 points, and upon being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, announces the result as "GREAT NEWS -- I will be able to travel on vacation in December and January!"

This person is obviously more interested in making a buck than saving the Republic.  

Supposedly the author isn't making anything off it.

Twelve, the book’s publishing company, said the author did not take an advance to write the book. If royalties are to be collected, the author plans to donate the profits “substantially” to non-profits focused on government accountability around the world, the publisher said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/22/anonymous-trump-official-new-book-054930

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Supposedly the author isn't making anything off it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/22/anonymous-trump-official-new-book-054930

So, what I'm deducing is that:

1) that's a lie, and

2) holy shit, Donald Trump wrote the book and is gonna make cash coming and going, because grifters gonna grift

"The Author of A WARNING refused the chance at a seven figure advance and intends to donate a substantial amount of any royalties to the White House Correspondents Association and other organizations that fight for a free press that seeks the truth," Latimer said, adding that the book "was not written by the author lightly, or for the purpose of financial enrichment. It has been written as an act of conscience and of duty."

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

2) holy shit, Donald Trump wrote the book and is gonna make cash coming and going, because grifters gonna grift

this is something that took a lot of work, and the person who's responsible refused to put their name on it.  that's exactly the opposite of how trump works.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i was just making a joke that i too have been mostly seated since friday.  and since it's the mlb playoffs, i've also been drinking, therefore i'm having issues with my balance.

sigh.  go stros.

Aha, got it. I am a morning person and late afternoon is my nadir of brain activity so missed the joke. Good luck to the Astros.

With respect to the author of The Warning, at first I was thinking John Kelly because it takes awhile to write even if you've been compiling notes, but the Kellyanne folks are probably correct. According to Walter Shaub (the former Ethics Director), any money made would have to be donated, and the book itself could expose them to ethics violations. Considering Kellyanne doesn't concern herself with rules like the Hatch Act, etc etc, this would be on point for her with the added bonus of the farcical 'donation' as a CYA to preserve her image post Administration. In any rate, Shaub states that he/she would have to disclose the book deal in any "annual or termination financial disclosure report." Any compensation (an advance, royalties, etc) is in violation.

It is so easy to dislike her.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

the best argument against democracy is five minutes with the average voter.

The best argument against democracy is the fact that Donald Fucking Trump is President of the United States. After the election, every dictator in the world must have said, "See, this is why you shouldn't let the people choose their leaders."

• Like 5