Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Who is Xian and why would he know?

have no idea. but he's the first one on the thread to say "its done we got him".  If it doesn't happen we put him in the round room with fisterman and neg bomb him to orangebloods.  if it happens he can go down in lore with I'm pissed I'm stunned, its Mack Brown

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Hypothetically if we don't get UM (which we are)... Are we going to leave this thread up as a relic of our misery or delete it to never be seen again?

If Fitlump is elected to the Austin City Council, I have no problem leaving that thread in public view.   Because 2020.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

have no idea. but he's the first one on the thread to say "its done we got him".  If it doesn't happen we put him in the round room with fisterman and neg bomb him to orangebloods.  if it happens he can go down in lore with I'm pissed I'm stunned, its Mack Brown

Hope he was referring to CUM

1 hour ago, Hanrahan said:

What team is it that bails on senior quarterbacks to usher in the newest shiny thing who will turn things around?  Is that aggy?  Pretty sure it's aggy.

No one has bailed on our senior QB. Well, except some of his teammates. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

what is the significance of the magnets in squid's tweet?

Are they supposed to represent Horseshoes? As in Horseshoe Bay?

Or "U"s as in Urban?

He flew in, talked to Texas, agreed to come, is now going to the beach to play golf and then back here to coach? Maybe?

Edited by Orange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

yeah, it's just math.  but the appeal of next level wealth whatever it is drives most of us to want it.  we 37 steps below his wealth can't understand why he'd want the next level, but it's the same calculus we have for wanting our next level.  He's not at FUPM wealth at $35M, he's close.  If I was close to FUPM wealth at 56 and I loved doing my craft, I would absolutely want to trade in a booster cessna for my own.

I'll add on that Nick Saban and Bob Stoops are both considerably richer than Meyer.  Your points about different tiers of wealth and what they mean are spot on but don't discount the ego involved.  Stoops and Saban (shitty real estate deals nothwithstanding) are easily worth five times what Meyer is.   

I have no new info and likely wont until everything breaks, but I feel very good about the way things are trending. Our BMDs got together in Dallas to pass around the hat, and then members of our board met with Meyer in person? Thats straight up foreplay after the girl has been telling you she's horny and wants to fuck you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'll add on that Nick Saban and Bob Stoops are both considerably richer than Meyer.  Your points about different tiers of wealth and what they mean are spot on but don't discount the ego involved.  Stoops and Saban (shitty real estate deals nothwithstanding) are easily worth five times what Meyer is.   

Why is that, with stoops at least?  I think I read Stoops was a pretty shrewd businessman.

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He's got a two day head-start on you, which is more than he needs. Meyer's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages and knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear and you'll never see him again. With any luck he's got the Texas job already.

Does anyone here speak ancient Greek?

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He's got a two day head-start on you, which is more than he needs. Meyer's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan. He speaks a dozen languages and knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear and you'll never see him again. With any luck he's got the Texas job already.

IndianaJonesLastCrusade.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic