2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Trump is going to lose, but I'm walking away feeling better than anticipated. Hopefully the Republicans can hand the baton to the younger members of the party, voting for a octogenarian really sucks. 

Sure, probably Junior and/or Ivanka. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump ran one of the worst campaigns imaginable and he’s still competitive.  It’s all so very disappointing how racist and ignorant America is.

Two hard facts:

--A majority of people vote for their party like their college football team.  Nearly blindly.

--your concerns are only yours, and you are only one vote.  5.8 MILLION Texans would rather have Trump as president, instead of someone else.

A recount can be requested in Wisconsin if the difference is <1%. 

In Michigan, it appears that an automatic recount is required if the margin is less than 2,000 votes.  Otherwise, a candidate must "allege that the candidate is aggrieved on account of fraud or mistake in the canvass of the votes" (in which case he has to make specific allegations of the fraud).

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That's probably true - but the DNC needs to be better. They were just good enough this time around but we need less 80 year old white guys.

What can they do? Run a racist unfit piece of shit who does nothing but lie and steal to appeal to the millions of American idiots?

The problem is America has trended full Idiocracy and there's no way to pander to complete morons who like racism, lying, cheating, and stealing in their politicians and still run a functioning democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Agree with Irish. If anything this was a step backwards. Historic turnout,  no change, and that’s WITH an amoral POS at the top of the ticket. Get anyone “reasonable” and this flimsy dem coalition falls apart and texas goes back to +12 or more. 

This.  And it's even worse.  Trumpism wasn't repudiated.  It's the model, the GOP will continue to follow it, and it will continue to work.  Dreams of the GOP's demise were pipe dreams.

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

He may not be wrong.  I don't fucking know.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

And that, right there, is the most effective vote suppression effort we've seen since Jim Crow went away.  The Trump regime's move to gut the USPS and slow down delivery worked.  It may deliver them the election.  It was done for the sole purpose of influencing the election, and it worked.  It worked bigly.

• Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Again, to be clear, what I'm seeing is a bunch of people claiming a >100,000 vote dump came in that was literally 100% Biden. I'm trying to figure out what BS they're talking about. 

In Wisky, Biden closed 100,000+ deficit when the Milwaukee mail in ballots were processed and counted. 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

This.  And it's even worse.  Trumpism wasn't repudiated.  It's the model, the GOP will continue to follow it, and it will continue to work.  Dreams of the GOP's demise were pipe dreams.

He may not be wrong.  I don't fucking know.

And that, right there, is the most effective vote suppression effort we've seen since Jim Crow went away.  The Trump regime's move to gut the USPS and slow down delivery worked.  It may deliver them the election.  It was done for the sole purpose of influencing the election, and it worked.  It worked bigly.

They better hope they can find another pandemic in 2024 if they want to repeat this method.

2 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

To quote, of all people, the Ultimate Warrior:

"There's nothing to respect about a man who sits and lets the world know all his whines, complaints and his bitches. Real men don't do that."

There's no way the Ultimate Warrior said that. It's logical and doesn't reek of steroid rage induced insanity.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

So let me brush up on impeachment - Biden gets impeached for whatever thing, senate votes him out, Kamala is president? Kamala is impeached, Nancy?

Impeachment, how does it work? Won't happen - Dems control the house. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

So when do we expect shit to actually be resolved? Fair to say there will be votes thrown out and recounts at this point. 

Never.  Trump will be the Trumptard’s De Gaulle, leading the true US government from exile.

10 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Da judge is about to order up some hangings...

Has it been verified that Sullivan's order was ignored? Or is that just internet speculation? Because if it was actually ignored, I could see that opening a door for the Supremes to rule that some votes could be counted even though not received by election day. Of course, with the current make up, they probably won't rule that way.

17 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I thought the urine bombs and fireworks were happening either way? Should I drain my urine bombs?

They are still good for another 4-5 days before the ammonia eats at the ziploc bag. I suggest you bring them to DKR Saturday morning and aim at Tom Herman. 

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Has it been verified that Sullivan's order was ignored? Or is that just internet speculation? Because if it was actually ignored, I could see that opening a door for the Supremes to rule that some votes could be counted even though not received by election day. Of course, with the current make up, they probably won't rule that way.

Yeah, SCOTUS won't do that.

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Unsure.  I just want to see some hangings doled out now for election shenanigans.

20 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What the fuck is wrong with our country? Jfc

Alright ladies and gents, get moving cause neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays our couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds! Hey umm Atlanta metro carriers, hang back a minute, I wanna talk to y'all. 

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump ran one of the worst campaigns imaginable and he’s still competitive.  It’s all so very disappointing how racist and ignorant America is.

never underestimate the stupidity of the american people.   americans have been programmed by a public education system deliberately designed to produce drones disguised as humans.  social media is the replacement for advanced (college) education for (apparently) 48% of the country.

i thought the number was 37%.  yesterday proves it is almost half.

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

never underestimate the stupidity of the american people.   americans have been programmed by a public education system deliberately designed to produce drones disguised as humans.  social media is the replacement for advanced (college) education for (apparently) 48% of the country.

Yep, the argument I've had with GOLL for at least 4 years now.  He has insisted that Trump's true support -- and thus the pool of really shitty people in this country -- is around 35%.  Nope, I have told him repeatedly to believe what the facts are telling us - it's 45-50%.

We are in bad shape.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

And now you know (if you didn't already) why Rick Santorum called Obama a "snob" for wanting more kids to go to actual college: keep the rubes willfully ignorant because that inevitably leads to votes for the Captain Insanos of the world.

So, earlier I said that Biden had a lead in Arizona of around 3.5 points with about 99 percent of the expected vote in. It turns out that there may have been some sort of issue with Edison Research’s data stream, however, and there may actually be less of the expected vote in. That obviously matters as the vote has trended toward Trump since Biden led after the initial vote returns were announced in Arizona. All we know is that Biden is ahead and that some votes remain to be counted in Arizona.