Minneapolis Cop Murders A Black Man

HenryJames

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Also, I know it's madness out there right now...but quick note to law enforcement:  First off, use good judgement.  It's your knee-jerk reactions that got us into this mess in the first place. 

Second, let's work on tactics.  I know all hell is breaking loose but in every clip I see, you guys setup a Phalanx like Stephen Hawking hung sheetrock.  

How in the world is beating innocent people and reporters gonna get us over this hurdle?  

It's pretty obvious that many police departments are not doing a good job of training their officers.  I don't just mean in using good judgement, and knowing your limits.

I'm constantly seeing cops break off in 1s and 2s and individually go after individuals, without waiting for their fellow cops to back them up.  Constantly.  Constantly seeing them break formation to fuck with people.

If this were in a situation where the crowds were a lot more.....motivated, the crowds could easily divide these cops up and overwhelm them, and those cops would be dead.  It just blows my mind, both at how trusting they are that the crowds will continue to fear them, and how little situational awareness they have.

Many of these cops are damned lucky that they haven't truly pushed the crowds all the way, because when that breaking point occurs, these cops will have to break and run, because they will not have control of the situation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Seattle cop puts his knee in the neck of a protestor, other protestors yell at him to stop, and his fellow officer actually takes charge and does it for him. stuff like this needs to be shared too:

200w.gif

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Seattle cop puts his knee in the neck of a protestor, other protestors yell at him to stop, and his fellow officer actually takes charge and does it for him. stuff like this needs to be shared too:

That guy doesn’t get nominated for the best actor award for his plea for help scene.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Does it really matter?

I misread his post as him saying the beating she got was because of something she said. My bad. 

And no, it wouldn't matter even if she had said something horrible. It wouldn't justify a beating, which I already indicated.

Not at all. Seen him on Fox News. Seen various You Tube videos. Disgusted. Our congregation is larger, and Paul Rasmussen is better. 
There's a gigantic difference between Methodists and Evangelicals. Methodists tend to actually read and study the Bible and try to be Christlike.
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Absolutely. In fact, probably the best, kindest, most dedicated people I know are Christians. And the absolute worst, most evil, cruel people I’ve ever known are “Christians.”

Yep. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, it makes you a dude who goes to church.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:
Not at all. Seen him on Fox News. Seen various You Tube videos. Disgusted. Our congregation is larger, and Paul Rasmussen is better. 

There's a gigantic difference between Methodists and Evangelicals. Methodists tend to actually read and study the Bible and try to be Christlike.

My grandfather claimed to be Methodist. When he was about 90 years old I asked him what he specifically believed, as he was watching his Sunday church service on television. He said, “I don’t know, whatever is in that book.” as he pointed to a bible. That was the end of that conversation,

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I honestly don’t know what I put at the bottom for the piece of shit chain for humans . White trash or antifa. It changes daily

Yeah and the funny thing is that they have a lot more in common with each other in terms of beliefs, behavior, etc than they would ever think they would.

11 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

And that burning he was celebrating were 189 affordable housing units about to come on the market.  A block from a light-rail station, grocery story, and Target, it would have been a very convenient place to live for those who got to opportunity.  So 300-700 low income persons will miss out for another 1-2 years on what would probably have been improved living conditions.  Or maybe many years longer, since cities may have a lot more trouble finding investors and developers to build in higher risk low income or transitioning edge neighborhoods.  History repeating, that happened after the 60's riots in many cities.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Protecting and serving:

Not going to be to hard on the NYPD on this one. Had a woman arrested for throwing a Molotov cocktail in a police vehicle with four officers in it yesterday in NYC. 

Cant blame them for not waiting to be surrounded and who knows what else. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Fuck You 1

I don't think the 2nd vid has been posted here (wasn't able to delink them):

I saw this earlier and didn't really know what to think, suspicious I guess. Then I think about the videos by some at these protest showing pallets of bricks or paving stones just sitting there for anyone to grab.

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So the video of him in the cop's SUV is hitting the mainstream.  That's going to help out, I'm sure.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/29/george-floyd-arrest-video-minneapolis-dp-orig.cnn

And watching that cop stand there, knowing what was going on....proves the old maxim.

spacer.png

Dude, you don't know what it's like to fear getting home safely to your family at night.  Okay, you don't understand the struggle to stay alive for your kids.  

Could those other 3 cops have said something after Floyd was already passed out and near a deathly comatose?  Sure, yeah.  Maybe.  As if.  But there would have been a 1 in 1000 chance that Floyd sprang back to violent life and raged upon them with great vengeance and furious anger.  But how do you that what is basically a dead man is going to come back to life on a busy street in plain view of several armed officers (supposedly highly trained) and though unarmed and subdued, is going to kill you and your partner and two other cops before you get home safe tonight?  You can't have that on your mind. 

So what do you do to get home safely to your family tonight?  You become an accessory to murder.  That's how you go home to your family at night, as a murdering coward.  That's how we back the blue.  You don't say three words or nudge a knee off somebody's neck that's probably already dead.  You don't get home that way.  You get home by actively participating in a lynching.  That's who your kids want to see tonight.  Not the dad that takes tiny, incremental non-lethal steps to prevent a hate crime whilst preserving his pension.  Nah, not my pops!  To get home tonight, he's gonna help out on a homicide.  He ain't "getting too old for this shit"...he just getting warmed up!  What the fuck is career day like at your school?  

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

That particular cop might have just finally realized that their training is bad. Hopefully this spreads

By that cop I mean the cop that pulled the other cops knee off

Edited by GotThatFire

I've deleted several recent posts. If your post was deleted it was either political or a troll, or a response to them.
Feel free to discuss those things in CR or another thread. 
What about my rights....we should all be treated equally...I demand everyone gets a post deleted!!!

3 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’ve believed this most of my life. If he was on this planet today, many of his own “followers” would figuratively crucify him again,

He was here. In Waco in 93. Moose out front shoulda told ya

Edited by Fat Bastard
  • Like 1

There’s plenty of good examples like the one above (on both sides of law enforcement and protestors) that could inspire hope and togetherness. Would certainly help to bring the focus back on police brutality etc.

Unfortunately good stories don’t drive ratings so they’ll get almost zero coverage by the news media. Continued violence and looting is good for business. 

I’d love to start seeing the discussion move to realistic practical changes to law enforcement practices and procedures. I think some sort of modification to hiring and job performance analysis and union regulations would be a great start.

• Like 3