Hot Damn Buc'ees Daytona is OPEN!

MrPhlegm

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Clean terlets/bathrooms and a gazillion gas pumps is the only reason I will ever stop at Buc-ee's.

Exactly.  It's great while on a road trip, but I'll never understand why a local has any business in one.  Unless they want to get some shitty home décor for Christmas gifts or something.

Exactly.  It's great while on a road trip, but I'll never understand why a local has any business in one.  Unless they want to get some shitty home décor for Christmas gifts or something.
kolaches! florida aint got em cept for the two buccees. one in st augustine open last month and now daytona.

We drive round trips back and forth to South Florida probably 6-8 times a year. They opened one in Warner Robins, GA last year which is about the first stop for gas which has worked out great. Get some gas, grab some decent snacks, back on the road and gone. Much better than the Loves/Pilot we were stopping at. Place has been a clusterfuck every time we’ve stopped at this point though.

They are expanding East. There is another opening outside of Birmingham. It will be the on the way home stop.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

Ain't dey really aggy, like donor aggy?

hard core trumper. i avoid buccee's like the plaque (it's a zoo and magnet for certain crowd), unless I have to drop a deuce or it's late at night. if im in a new area, i'm looking for the newest gas station. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1

FYI, a second GA location off I-75 in Calhoun is under construction, expected opening this Summer. 

On a somewhat related note, QuikTrip is building a location off I-40 in Dickson TN, just west of Nashville.  No other locations in TN at the moment.  Both Whataburger and QT in Nashville definitely does not suck.

Love Daytona, we used to vacation down there just about every year, think I spent more time on the boardwalk than I did on the beach/ocean.  

Stopped at a QT in Dallas last year, impressive place.  I love stopping off at Travel Centers/truck stops on our travels, always provides a good break and I liked just looking at some of the neat stuff you may find in them. 

<--- certifiable Clark Griswold. 

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I'm a quicktrip fan and they're popping up all over South Texas now. 

They ain't bad for an Okie company. Most of the people seem to not hate their job. That makes a big difference.

i drive more than most here :

1. I look for newer / clean gas stations (much harder to find out of Tx). At night, must be very well lit

2. Tier 1 gas (Exxon or Chevron) preferred, or Buccee's / Costco

3. Good cups with good ice. I prefer unsweet tea. If I grab anything, it'll be a slim jim monster. Every blue moon I'll grab something hot if it catches my eye. 

4. Clean bathrooms to take a piss. If I'm dropping a load, the place needs to be spotless.

5. Easy access 

Edited by tx 3 putt

On 3/23/2021 at 1:35 AM, castolon said:

Bright spot for living in houston? Bucees leaving town in every direction. Except the one in madisonville, fuck that one. Woody's for life. 

That one in Madisonville is way too far out for going north.

From the city center and clearing the Beltway, there is one:

• 22 miles east (Baytown)
  • 24 miles southwest (Richmond)
  • 25 miles northwest (Cypress)
  • 28 miles west (Brookshire)
  • 25 miles going south (Alvin)
  • 26 miles going southeast (League City) or 30 miles (Texas City)

Plop one in Spring near 99 and plop one somewhere off 59 between Porter and New Caney by 99.  North and northeast Houston are bare. 

On 3/23/2021 at 10:25 AM, SurlyGator said:

FYI, a second GA location off I-75 in Calhoun is under construction, expected opening this Summer. 

On a somewhat related note, QuikTrip is building a location off I-40 in Dickson TN, just west of Nashville.  No other locations in TN at the moment.  Both Whataburger and QT in Nashville definitely does not suck.

I always stop at QT so I can get the Raspberry Unsweet Tea.  Perfect amount of flavor with no fake (or real) sugar.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

That one in Madisonville is way too far out for going north.

From the city center and clearing the Beltway, there is one:

• 22 miles east (Baytown)
  • 24 miles southwest (Richmond)
  • 25 miles northwest (Cypress)
  • 28 miles west (Brookshire)
  • 25 miles going south (Alvin)
  • 26 miles going southeast (League City) or 30 miles (Texas City)

Plop one in Spring near 99 and plop one somewhere off 59 between Porter and New Caney by 99.  North and northeast Houston are bare. 

Alvin is one of the tiny old ones from before they started to take over the world.  Speaking of which, the original in Lake Jackson closed and is now a car wash/detailing place.  Back then you could buy a mug and get 49 cent refills for life.

There's a big one on 59 in Wharton.

• 2 years later...

Holee-Shit
Now it has been over 25 years since I left Texas (well Houston), I've been back every few years or so, and I've driven to SA, Austin, Brenham, CC, etc) so I've seen Buc-ee's before. In March we drove to Fla for spring break (13 of us & I'm too cheap to fly them all), but people are bat shit crazy in Georgia about a Texas sized convenience store, with 100 gas pumps, maybe that many bathroom stalls/urninals, all kinds of crappy snacks & drinks, a million kitschy souvenirs though they do have decent sandwiches for travelling. Hell there were traffic jams getting out of the parking lot, had to drive around to find an open pump; I swear these are the same red-neck idiots who will stop to see the worlds biggest ball of string.....which we would also stop at for Mrs. Fairway. 
And yes she did buy Buc-ee nuggets to bring back home to friends and family  FML

(sidenote - I cannot believe there is not a thread for all things Buc-ee's on this board, or maybe I couldn't find it)

Edited by Wally Fairway

On 3/25/2021 at 9:05 AM, WBT said:

Alvin is one of the tiny old ones from before they started to take over the world.  Speaking of which, the original in Lake Jackson closed and is now a car wash/detailing place.  Back then you could buy a mug and get 49 cent refills for life.

There's a big one on 59 in Wharton.

You would be incorrect about this.  The original Buc-ee's is still going strong at the corner of Oyster Creek Drive and Old Angleton Road.  You are correct in stating that one of the old-school small ones is now a car wash and detailing place, but that one was not the original Buc-ee's.

https://buc-ees.com/locations/

image.thumb.png.62f826bf54e782599cb9df017e749b7f.png

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Holee-Shit
Now it has been over 25 years since I left Texas (well Houston), I've been back every few years or so, and I've driven to SA, Austin, Brenham, CC, etc) so I've seen Buc-ee's before. In March we drove to Fla for spring break (13 of us & I'm too cheap to fly them all), but people are bat shit crazy in Georgia about a Texas sized convenience store, with 100 gas pumps, maybe that many bathroom stalls/urninals, all kinds of crappy snacks & drinks, a million kitschy souvenirs though they do have decent sandwiches for travelling. Hell there were traffic jams getting out of the parking lot, had to drive around to find an open pump; I swear these are the same red-neck idiots who will stop to see the worlds biggest ball of string.....which we would also stop at for Mrs. Fairway. 
And yes she did buy Buc-ee nuggets to bring back home to friends and family  FML

(sidenote - I cannot believe there is not a thread for all things Buc-ee's on this board, or maybe I couldn't find it)

As someone who grew up in Lake Jackson and remembers when Buc-ee's started and was just a local convenience store chain, it still amazes me to see what they have become.  I caught a snippet of the Dave Ramsey show on a local station the other day and they were talking about Buc-ee's.  I've heard the guys on SiriusXM on the college sports channel talking about it.  I know plenty has been said about Buc-ee's on this site and on the old one, good and bad, but one cannot argue the business success the brand has become. 

Edited by ScottS
Grammar...how does it work?

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

The best part about seeing a new Buccee's open along a Texas interstate is knowing that I can go to the next exit past and get gas at a virtually empty gas station and deal with even fewer of the unwashed masses.

Yeah, driving back from Austin to Houston after the games, I always stop at the Quicktrip in Bastrop right across the freeway from Buccees