Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

West Pod - Texas, Aggy, LSU, Arkiesaw
North Pod - 0U, Mizzou, Kentucky, Vandy
South Pod - Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State
East Pod - Tennessee, SC, Georgia, Fla

Yeah, no. That would give OU by far the easiest path to winning the conference. They’d be guaranteed to win their pod every season. Not that Bama’s pod there is too tough, but Auburn and Miss St at least put together decent seasons every now and then
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't have a link specifically to where FCB said it, but apparently we are way ahead of any legislative interference on this one.

This is exactly what I'd expect to happen, but if it's Chip Brown reporting it, then it's probably bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah, no. That would give OU by far the easiest path to winning the conference. They’d be guaranteed to win their pod every season. Not that Bama’s pod there is too tough, but Auburn and Miss St at least put together decent seasons every now and then

It's easy to forget Mizzou has won the SEC Least division twice, but yeah, that pod is laughable with also-rans, UK and Vandy.

Been thinking about the whole Texas hatred thing a lot. 
On this board, guys have been saying, "why does everybody hate Texas?" while simultaneously laughing about stealing Tech's coach and fucking over the B12. 
There are lots of reasons to hate Texas. So what? 
Texas is J. R. Ewing. Remember the old line by Ali, "I don't care if people pay to see me win, or pay to see me get whupped, as long as they pay to see me."
Back when the Dallas Cowboys were actually good, they were both the most loved and hated team in the NFL, and their games always had the highest ratings. A lot of those people were watching, hoping the Cowboys would lose. 
The ONLY thing the Horns need to fix is to start knocking heads ON the field again. Embrace the hate. 

They hate us because they want to be us but cannot. So they find other losers to craft a narrative with and blame us for every ill and failure of their own making. They are basically chavez’s Venezuela of the world. Rice is like Canada. Yeah they are in our shadow, have accepted it, and carved out a nice existence by focusing on what they do best instead of whining about us.
  • Hook 'Em 5

As soon as Sankey talks the Ags off the ledge he will pat them on the head and say good boy.  It’s really a win/win for them.  More money, only true rival back, don’t play Bama every year, and they get to play the victim card.  

Said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s so bitchass that “they don’t have to play Bama every year” is a consolation to them. Isn’t playing them kinda the point of playing in a big boy conference? It’s the only reason I don’t love the pods idea. I wish we got Bama every year. If you can’t beat them in the regular season, then you weren’t going to win a national championship anyway.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, stork642 said:

As soon as Sankey talks the Ags off the ledge he will pat them on the head and say good boy.  It’s really a win/win for them.  More money, only true rival back, don’t play Bama every year, and they get to play the victim card.  

He'll probably forge a new Gentleman's Agreement:  The sports teams rebrand as Texas A&M-Dubai. 

"We want to be the only SEC program representing the world!"

Edited by clapclapclap
And gets them in the east division....

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Schwertner, 48, then interrupted an otherwise professional exchange regarding the student’s political career with a blunt disclosure, writing, “I just really want to f–k you” and sent an image of his genitals apparently taken in a shower, according to a university official who had seen the graphic exchange. The lewd picture did not include the lawmaker’s face.

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I can’t believe that it took me by surprise, but the aggy combination of impotent rage, lack of self awareness, and complete inability to read the room actually shocked me.  Must be a decade out of practice. 

They other schools’ reps and legs are just pandering for votes and scrambling for what benefits them.  Not surprising that they’ll work any angle - they’re desperate. 

But aggy is actually going to make money, gets a high chair at the adults table, and yet they feel betrayed and a minority (however sizeable) is willing to torpedo their football future over it by walking away.  

Just jaw-dropping in its childishness and stupidity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s so bitchass that “they don’t have to play Bama every year” is a consolation to them. Isn’t playing them kinda the point of playing in a big boy conference? It’s the only reason I don’t love the pods idea. I wish we got Bama every year. If you can’t beat them in the regular season, then you weren’t going to win a national championship anyway.

Just like aggy to say come play with the big boys and at least we don't have to play Bama every year at the same time.

I could see:
Pod 1: Tx Ou Mizz Ark
pod 2: aggy, Lsu  ole miss  miss st
pod 3: Aub, Bama, Tenn, Vandy
pod 4: dawgs, Fla, SC, Kentucky

This is what sec network had.

Let aggy continue to be lsu’s problem and only play them occasionally.

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

image.jpeg

Obviously no political fallout. Who is the state leg insider around here @StassneyHorn? Maybe he or someone has the scuttlebutt. I believe he did lose his spot as a clinical instructor at the Austin medical school at least

9 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I can’t believe that it took me by surprise, but the aggy combination of impotent rage, lack of self awareness, and complete inability to read the room actually shocked me.  Must be a decade out of practice. 

They other schools’ reps and legs are just pandering for votes and scrambling for what benefits them.  Not surprising that they’ll work any angle - they’re desperate. 

But aggy is actually going to make money, gets a high chair at the adults table, and yet they feel betrayed and a minority (however sizeable) is willing to torpedo their football future over it by walking away.  

Just jaw-dropping in its childishness and stupidity. 

aggy truly is the gift that keeps on giving. They are a fascinating culture. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, fellside said:

I think the most likely pods for competitive balance are....
West:  Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas
Central:  Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State
North:  Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
East:  Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky

Assuming each school plays their own pod plus a home/home with 2 schools from each pod, the schedule every four years would look something like this.  If they help A&M out by not putting them in the same pod with us, make Arkansas the Thanksgiving game.

1:  Noncon
2:  Noncon

3:  Missouri
4:  Ole Miss
5:  Oklahoma
6:  Tennessee
7:  Florida
8:  Noncon
9:  LSU
10: Auburn
11: South Carolina
12: Arkansas

1:  Noncon
2:  Noncon

3:  Missouri
4:  Mississippi State
5: Oklahoma
6:  Vanderbilt
7:  Georgia
8:  Noncon
9:  Texas A&M
10: Alabama
11:  Kentucky
12:  Arkansas

that pod grouping isn't bad but LSU would jump all over that.  I'd swap LSU and Oklahoma and we'd still play OU every year.

I think the best way to do it from a competitive standpoint is the 8 team divisions

24 minutes ago, Bevo Num1 said:

Reading secrant, I can understand the aggy hate, but what the fuck did we do to Mizzou? They are being extra whiny cunts about this and were the ones who started this shit a decade ago.

I don’t remember specifics but I have friends that are big Mizzou fans. This shit goes back to DeLoss and Mack. Somehow they really disrespected them. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Muy Frio said:

I don’t remember specifics but I have friends that are big Mizzou fans. This shit goes back to DeLoss and Mack. Somehow they really disrespected them. 

wasn't it the turf deal where their shitty turf was causing all kinds of knee injuries?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, petscii said:

Good to know GovAbbott won't stand in the way of this....  

its funny anyone is even talking about the lege standing in the way of this.  ags already made this a moot point.

22 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

This is my biggest worry.

CFB has been ruined for a while now lol there are only three teams every year with a realistic shot to win it all. If anything this is a step towards leveling the playing field. A fully aligned Texas with the SEC brand can truly be something special.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1