Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I'm starting to see some reporting that trump is planning MASSIVE social security cuts.

Doesn't seem like a winning electoral strategy to me...

One of many reasons we won't show up to a debate against the dem candidate.

59 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm starting to see some reporting that trump is planning MASSIVE social security cuts.

It actually is.

Once you've convinced the people to vote against their interests with enthusiasm, then you can just stack the fuckery deep, and they'll eat it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

now i almost hope he wins.  i would love to see my elderly trump loving family get fucked over by him.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Like it matters.  He'll just say no one else will protect Social Security like him, and the Dems want to steal their Social Security and the boomers will eat it up.

Los Arboles?  Wait until the Trumpkins learn that Arborist is derived from a Spanish word.  thereby negating any possible work on trees under his administration.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Los Arboles?  Wait until the Trumpkins learn that Arborist is derived from a Spanish word.  thereby negating any possible work on trees under his administration.  

Sorry, Lobo, the English word is borrowed from Old French but, yeah, the arborists themselves do likely speak Spanish.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I knew that a Trump wall wouldn't stay erect for any length of time.

But in fairness, who could have anticipated the 37 mph winds that knocked the wall over?

Just wait and see the flood damage it causes.

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I knew that a Trump wall wouldn't stay erect for any length of time.

But in fairness, who could have anticipated the 37 mph winds that knocked the wall over?

2 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Just wait and see the flood damage it causes.

I'm waiting for the bricks to crumble and the locust larvae trapped inside to hatch and swarm.

Not when it affects their retirement money. They'd shoot him dead if he fucks with it.

My understanding is that they are realizing he duped them and they don't intend to vote for him again.

200.gif

Yeah...bongos, you really don’t understand how fucking stupid these people are. Seriously. Stop thinking of them like rational, thinking people. They aren’t. At all.
Trump could be repeatedly kicking them in the balls, and they’d be yelling at you about how they’re really owning the libs, and this feels GREAT!
  • Like 2

My understanding is that they are realizing he duped them and they don't intend to vote for him again.
People who are duped double down rather than admit they got duped. Are you new to this planet?

These people get info from sources like Fox and Rush; don't seek long form journalism; and will reelect Trump because Fox instructs them to. They already decided to
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Farmers?  I live in a region where two-thirds of the population work in an agriculture related profession, and I've yet to meet one person who has strayed from supporting Trump.  Not one! In fact, they've dug their heels in even deeper!  So deep that if you drug them across their fields they wouldn't even need to plow come spring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

People who are duped double down rather than admit they got duped. Are you new to this planet?

These people get info from sources like Fox and Rush; don't seek long form journalism; and will reelect Trump because Fox instructs them to. They already decided to

Somehow it would be Obama or Hilllary’s fault 

• Like 1

The President once again has a full(er) (for him) calendar today.

10:00 EST Press briefing with Kellyanne Conway, ONDCP Director Jim Carroll, and Assistant Secretary of Public Health ADM *Brett Giroir

12:15 EST Intelligence briefing. I don't know why I bother to write these every day, Gordon who fixes my car probably is more aware of our national security than Trump is because Gordon actually follows what is going on in the world.

3:35 EST Trump delivers remarks at Dana Inc. (celebrating USMCA)

8:00 EST Keep America Great Rally at Drake University in Des Moines

*Brett Giroir is a mover upper. He was at Texas A&M in 2012 when he and friend Rick Perry (then governor) created the Texas A&M Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing. Facility cost $91 million to build and Glaxo-Kline received $285 million in federal bucks to develop 3 national centers to develop vaccines. Facility was (key word here is was) supposed to generate 6,800 jobs over the next 25 years. Have a friend familiar with the operation said its crickets over there...when their current president, Young, came aboard he fired Giroir who by then had transitioned into the head of the A&M Health Science Center. Guy is smart, but he was THE center of the scandal back when he was hired. There's a lot more of that news, I remember when the story broke (one of my children was the age to receive the HPV so I was following Perry closely).

Excerpt from Inside Higher ED:

If the fix was in to hire Giroir from the start, Murano did not act quickly enough to appease McKinney. Concerned Giroir would sour on A&M altogether given the delays, McKinney moved to create a new position for Giroir in his own office. The search committee, which was still in talks with Giroir, was not made aware of McKinney’s plan.

Records show the system created the position – complete with necessary qualifications that mirrored those of Giroir – on April 8, 2008. By April 16, 2008 – prior to the regents’ approval of the position and without the search committee’s knowledge of his pending hire – Giroir said he was already shopping for “Aggie attire” and had been “up since 2 a.m. planning and scheming new projects,” an e-mail shows. Giroir acknowledged that he still needed board approval, but didn’t sound too worried about that.

“We sold our house this weekend based on our high confidence this was going to happen,” Giroir wrote to McKinney and Guy Diedrich, the system’s vice chancellor of research and federal relations.

The regents approved Giroir’s hire April 23, and within 11 days – weeks before he was slated to start work – Giroir was already asking how to get “on the list for football and basketball tickets,” e-mail records show.

Joanne Lupton, who headed the search committee, says committee members only learned of the position’s creation when a local newspaper reported on the regents’ vote.

6 hours ago, RPM said:

To be fair, he didn't pay for it either.

Dude probably still hasn't even paid half the privately held construction companies that actually built his properties. I'm surprised he doesn't take credit for lowering their taxes by handing them a massive loss to write off. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

Is that old wall or new wall ?
Replacement of old wall. 
It says new. Looks like dogshit though. Might be quicker to smash through it than climb over it. 
Think WTB's answer is correct. New construction replacing old wall.

Drumpf calls it NEW WALL, but it is replacement.

UT Law School grad questioning a Harvard prof

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/opinions/begala-impeachment-trial-dershowitz-doctrine/index.html

I did not go to Harvard Law, but I did go to the University of Texas School of Law, where I studied criminal law and constitutional law, but never dreamed a legendary legal mind would set them both ablaze on the Senate floor.

The Dershowitz Doctrine would make presidents immune from every criminal act, so long as they could plausibly claim they did it to boost their re-election effort. Campaign finance laws: out the window. Bribery statutes: gone. Extortion: no more. This is Donald Trump's fondest figurative dream: to be able to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it.

Allow me to use a technical term, one that I'm pretty sure is in the Magna Carta: this is bonkers. It is ludicrous. Beyond that, it is frightening. The desire of politicians to win elections is overpowering, which is precisely why we need laws to rein them in. 

Professor Dershowitz is a brilliant legal advocate. But in this instance, he is not channeling Blackstone or Harlan Stone or even The Rolling Stones. He is, like so many Trump supporters, saying the quiet part out loud. Mr. Trump, who so admires Russia's soon-to-be "Supreme Leader" Vladimir Putin, as well as other autocrats like Turkey's Erdogan, Egypt's Sisi, and North Korea's Kim Jong Un, appears to want to join them in the autocrats' club.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 3