Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

On 6/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, tbone_ said:

I was told there aren’t anymore dads and daughters Girl Scout campouts anymore, you know because #metoo and all.

At least we haven’t had any in the 5 years I’ve had a Girl Scout.

A friend did these with his daughter.  it wasn't girl scouts it was through the YMCA.  He told me the first year a few guys brought some stuff.   He said the 2nd year it was like a frat party, they had booze everywhere and most of the dads spent 48 hours completely hammered.  said it was pretty hilarious.

Oh noes, a COYOTE!  And it's QUITE LARGE.  What else can be done!

A coyote was seen heading down our street , Highland Hills Terrace , off of HH drive , wed at 1:20. He was headed to Highland Hills Pass at the end of the block. He was QUITE LARGE . Keep your pets safe ! It was reported to 311. What else can be done !

For reference, this is the included photo of the original poster, who at the time was apparently unaware that she was about to be kicked in the shins by hundreds of shifty penguins:

083a111420be75a00b96690cdb61a218.JPG.max800.jpg

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Reply that it’s a young sesame seed tree and highly invasive.  

"It's a highly invasive  non native plant that sucks up water away from native plants.  Unfortunately  you can't really  get rid of it you can only hope to contain it.   it WILL  spread if not properly controlled.  The only real way to control is periodic mowing."

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I... 

WHY? Why the fuck would you wear that outside the US. Hell, why would someone choose that sweater at all. 

I guess I'm "Un-American"

Board any flight inbound to the US from abroad and there is a mighty good chance you'll see at least a couple tards wearing red white and blue all over for their return trip. 

Of course I never have to interact with them since they're all surely flying coach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Board any flight inbound to the US from abroad and there is a mighty good chance you'll see at least a couple tards wearing red white and blue all over for their return trip. 

Of course I never have to interact with them since they're all surely flying coach. 

You misspelled surly.

12 hours ago, TornACL said:

I've had much better luck sporting this red white and blue abroad.

Related image

• Like 2

On 6/17/2018 at 8:31 AM, Okie State said:

I like that Halloween has turned into an excuse for parents to drink openly in the neighborhood. Margarita stations, beer coolers, wine tables setup in the driveway every few houses. I don't remember it being like that when I was a kid, but maybe I was just too zoned in on the mission at hand to notice.

My tradition these days is a bomber of Pumpkinator in a discreet cup as I take my kids around to trick-or-treat.

What! margarita stations? Where is this neighborhood, asking for a friend

On 6/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Oh noes, a COYOTE!  And it's QUITE LARGE.  What else can be done!

A coyote was seen heading down our street , Highland Hills Terrace , off of HH drive , wed at 1:20. He was headed to Highland Hills Pass at the end of the block. He was QUITE LARGE . Keep your pets safe ! It was reported to 311. What else can be done !

People who name neighborhood street names like this deserve to burn in hell.

I'm chuckling at all the posts about fireworks and how the cops should do something about them. Yeah, that's high on the priority list when it's nearing midnight on July 4th. And won't someone think of the children should be replaced by won't someone think of the dogs. 

• Like 1

My buddy and I used to transport his dog in the back of his pickup truck.  And by "dog", I mean his younger brother.  And sometimes my buddy would hit the brakes really hard and his dog would fly forward and bang his head on the back window of the cab, and then he'd cry for a while.  Ever heard a dog cry?  Sounds eerily like a 13 YO boy.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
1 reply in the continuous firework thread -

And in addition to terrifying pets and those with ptsd, fireworks kill many birds, who are frightened from their perches at night and fly disoriented into walls.

Cleaning up all the dead birds from our yard is a wonderful 5th of July tradition. 'Merica!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My buddy and I used to transport his dog in the back of his pickup truck.  And by "dog", I mean his younger brother.  And sometimes my buddy would hit the brakes really hard and his dog would fly forward and bang his head on the back window of the cab, and then he'd cry for a while.  Ever heard a dog cry?  Sounds eerily like a 13 YO boy.

My old man used to drive us all around Dallas in the bed of his pickup in the 80s. Although probably not on 103 degree days. Ahhhh, those fun, carelessly irresponsible times....