Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Help me out please.  Who are Meerkat, Poe and Cornpop?

Immortal? Ttom? Who?

Meerkat is Crispy, Donkey, Monkey, etc. We were told that he wouldn't be allowed to reappear yet again after he was bounced, but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I for one would like to congratulate you on all the trophies you've won dominating women's sports. I always assumed that's where you got your handle. I've read all the literature and that's clearly the only reason trans people are trans. I'm looking forward to your next venture dominating the upcoming women's world cup. It should be easy, right? I saw it on twitter. /sarcasm (in case it wasn't clear).

To further your point, I’m 2-4 in tennis this season, playing where I belong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I just love when men and “girl dads” (ugh I fucking HATE that bullshit term) ride in on their steed to white knight and lecture about “keeping women and girls safe” in regards to the boogeyman issue of trans women.

I’ve never ONCE felt unsafe in the presence of a trans woman or worried about my safety while in a public restroom.

However, I can’t count the number of times I’ve felt threatened and unsafe around CIS heterosexual men -

- at a bar
-at work
-in a parking garage
-at the grocery store
-at the gym
-at a party
-walking down the street
-at an airport
-in a hotel
-at a business conference

So miss me with the nonsense that your impetus for demonizing trans women is motivated by your concern for women and daughters.

If you actually cared about our safety you’d be using that male savior energy for genuine situations that are dangerous for women.

It’s about punishing people who reject male superiority. Trans men have almost no issues in society after transition because they appear to reinforce male superiority to the mouth breathers. Of course most trans men I know feel super guilty about gaining their male privilege. Trans women get annihilated for abandoning theirs. In the end I just keep my head down and pee, and then wipe the counter to leave it cleaner than I found it when I’m done washing my hands. The world isn’t safe for any woman in a lot of ways, cisgender transgender it doesn’t matter. Feels like many times we are here with permission not by right. It’s wrong but it’s how it often feels.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Has anybody done a safety welfare check to see if Joe is alive after the red wave?  Or maybe he drowned in conservative tears.

When I think of health, well being and government, Joe Rogan is the name that springs to mind because he was a mixed martial artist, shitty comedian and actor.  What, none of those things are politically related?  Well, he's scrambled just like one of us.  His political prognostications are based on ivermectin and blows to the head.  Personally, I can't recommend those enough to his followers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I wonder if JR realizes he's been hired to brainwash young minds into thinking conservative thoughts. I doubt he's smart enough to figure that out on his own, but one does wonder what he would do with that information if someone told it to him.

there-was-one-cruiser.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I wonder if JR realizes he's been hired to brainwash young minds into thinking conservative thoughts. I doubt he's smart enough to figure that out on his own, but one does wonder what he would do with that information if someone told it to him.

Honestly I'm surprised he's still alive after learning that DeSantis lost his senatorial race in Minnesota.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:19 PM, VRHorn said:

Meerkat is Crispy, Donkey, Monkey, etc. We were told that he wouldn't be allowed to reappear yet again after he was bounced, but here we are.

I realized this in the HotD thread. After engaging in good faith for a few posts it dawned on me that only one poster could be that deliberately obtuse. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Joe Rogan facing backlash after saying "Jews are into money" on his podcast.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-slammed-saying-jews-money-david-baddiel-video-1779481

Joe Rogan has been slammed for saying that Jewish people are "into money" during a discussion on the most recent episode of his podcast.

The broadcaster, 55, welcomed Breaking Points podcasters Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti on to The Joe Rogan Experience, where they touched on Nancy Pelosi's endorsement of Representative Adam Schiff for California Senate.

"It's crazy," said Rogan. "Did you see him sitting next to Ilhan Omar, where she's apologizing for talking about it's all about the Benjamins? Which is just about money. She's talking about money. That's not an antisemitic comment, I don't think that is. Benjamins are money."

He went on: "The idea that Jewish people are not into money is ridiculous. That's like saying Italians aren't into pizza. It's f****** stupid."

Rogan later said about Oman: "Whether you agree with her or not, she has a bold opinion, and that opinion is not her own. There's many people that have that opinion, and they should be represented.

"My point is, she's sitting right next to Adam Schiff and no one says s***," he said.

Rogan's comment caught the attention of U.S.-born British comedian David Baddiel, who slammed the podcaster on Tuesday for peddling a "racist myth."

Sharing a snippet of the podcast on Twitter, Baddiel, the author of Jews Don't Count, wrote: "I actually want to stop banging the Jews Don't Count drum at some point but hard to do when a racist myth about Jews is just...said, breezily, on one of the biggest podcasts in the world and no-one gives a f***."

He continued: "For the hard of understanding, 'Jews are into money' is not like 'Italians are into pizza. Because unless my history lessons really missed something out, no-one has exterminated a large section of the entire Italian community because of their love for pepperoni.

"This is what Joe is saying, with a big grin," Baddiel added as he shared an illustration from the antisemitic Nazi propaganda children's book Der Giftpilz (The Poisonous Mushroom/Toadstool).

One part of the 1938 German book reads: "Money is the god of the Jews. He commits the greatest crimes to earn money. He won't rest until he can sit on a great sack of money, until he has become king of money."

Concluding his thread, Baddiel said, "Also, Joe Rogan has a 200 Million dollar deal with Spotify. And yet apparently it's Jews who are into money."

Newsweek has reached out to representatives of Rogan and Spotify for comment.

Rogan's "Benjamins" comment referred to Omar, a proponent of Palestinian rights, writing in 2019 that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee was "all about the Benjamins baby," an oft-used reference to money. (Benjamin Franklin's face is on the $100 bill.)

Republicans have long targeted Omar for her criticism of Israel, including remarks in which she suggested that GOP support of Israel was funded by donations from the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. She apologized for those comments in 2019, saying, "Antisemitism is real, and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of antisemitic tropes."

Last month, the Minnesota Democrat said that her previous missteps were being used to smear her, amid efforts to have her removed from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

"To insinuate that I knowingly said these things, when people have read into my comments to make it sound as if I have something against the Jewish communities, is so wrong," Omar told CNN.

However, that didn't stop her from being stripped of her committee seat, an action that Kevin McCarthy repeatedly vowed he would take after he became House speaker. The California Republican won the speakership after the GOP narrowly took majority control of the House in the 2022 midterms.

Meanwhile, Omar criticized the Republicans before the vote for trying to remove her, saying it had less to do with her earlier statements and more to do with her status as an immigrant.

"Who gets to be an American? What opinions do you have to have to be counted as American? That is what this debate is about," she said.

After her removal from the committee, Omar vowed that she will not be silent in Congress and that she will continue advocating for justice.

"I will continue to speak for the families who are seeking justice around the world— whether they are displaced in refugee camps or hiding under their bed somewhere like I was," she wrote on Facebook.

She went on: "I didn't come to Congress to be silent. I came to Congress to be their voice. My leadership and voice will not diminish if I am not on this committee for one term. My voice will only get louder and stronger. If you are with us, help us push back."

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, Joe sure sounds like he knows how to have fun times with cool people.

um, look, i'm just a common dumbass, but, uh, holing up in a vegas hotel room with a bunch of drugs, alex jones, and conspiracy video shit sounds like my idea of a party.  

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

um, look, i'm just a common dumbass, but, uh, holing up in a vegas hotel room with a bunch of drugs, alex jones, and conspiracy video shit sounds like my idea of a party.  

It's modern day Hunter S. Thompson party.

I said that originally as a joke, but man, is there any doubt that Hunter S. Thompson would of course had been brain broke on modern drugs and modern technology?

Edited by HamsterHookah

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

If you want to get high and watch conspiracy theory videos, you don't have to share a hotel room with two fat guys who probably haven't bathed in days while you do it. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, tx 3 putt said:

when I was in middle school, I dreamed about being in the girls locker room and showers. also had the same dream in HS

There’s a place in France where the naked ladies dance, there’s a hole in the wall where they boys can see it all.

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, Joe sure sounds like he knows how to have fun times with cool people.

There is a 100% chance they either jerked off together or gave each other blow jobs.  100% chance.  They are both repressed muscle daddy gay types. And their repression is what causes the moronic and hateful crap.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There is a 100% chance they either jerked off together or gave each other blow jobs.  100% chance.  They are both repressed muscle daddy gay types. And their repression is what causes the moronic and hateful crap.

Thanks a lot Troph. How do I scrub the image of those two buffoons frotting on hallucinogens while watching 9/11 conspiracies. Goddamnit.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, C-Man said:

Joe Rogan facing backlash after saying "Jews are into money" on his podcast.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-slammed-saying-jews-money-david-baddiel-video-1779481

Most people are into money, but with singling out Jewish people as loving money borders on antisemitism if not fully embraces it. Even if meant as a harmless statement or observation, it furthers an ignorant view.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Most people are into money, but with singling out Jewish people as loving money borders on antisemitism if not fully embraces it. Even if meant as a harmless statement or observation, it furthers an ignorant view.

it fully embraces it and furthers an ignorant view.  it also excuses other people who make similar comments.  if you frame something as "obvious", then it can't be seen as ignorant or hurtful or god forbid, inaccurate.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, troph said:

What are the odds there was imitation crab meat consumed?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

it fully embraces it and furthers an ignorant view.  it also excuses other people who make similar comments.  if you frame something as "obvious", then it can't be seen as ignorant or hurtful or god forbid, inaccurate.

this is what i was trying to explain to poe on the lgbtq+ thread. you don't have to think you're a bigot to sound like or even to be a bigot.

do i think rogan is an active antisemite who wants to wear swastikas, carry a tiki torch and chant "the jews will not replace us?" maybe. maybe not.

but let's suspend disbelief for about five minutes and entertain the idea that joe is in fact a meathead dumbass who just said an ignorant, bigoted thing without accompanying hatred or whatever. 

the comment is still antisemitic regardless of intent.

that's the whole fucking point of living and growing as a person - say stupid shit, learn why it was some stupid shit and move forward. but saying that "jews like money" is some jimmy the greek "black people have extra muscles or some shit" kind of mess. like, you have to go after that. 

you learn and you move on. but sometimes part of learning is the "finding out" part of the equation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1