Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

By Tier 4, do you mean the $1,500 Tradition level? If so, you still qualify for 4 OU tickets (for now, that is).

I wish. Meant Tier 4 based on the season ticket seat map. This will be my third year having two tickets in Section 114 Row 14 and with the donation being frozen now, it’ll take a lot for me to upgrade for a while. I don’t mind the upper endzone view, just being in the stadium is enough for me. I figure there will still be at least two seats together in the Cotton Bowl after the priority selections are made, but I definitely liked having the tickets secured in the mid-summer.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

I wish. Meant Tier 4 based on the season ticket seat map. This will be my third year having two tickets in Section 114 Row 14 and with the donation being frozen now, it’ll take a lot for me to upgrade for a while. I don’t mind the upper endzone view, just being in the stadium is enough for me. I figure there will still be at least two seats together in the Cotton Bowl after the priority selections are made, but I definitely liked having the tickets secured in the mid-summer.

I'm also <$500 donor and noticed they took ou ticket guarantee off the chart.  But the ticket limits for the upper donors haven't really changed much so I assume we'll still get our turn in the loyalty point ranking to select tickets. Unless it's saying that a new $500 donor with lower loyalty point will select before me. If so that's some bull shit for sure, but "loyalty" doesn't really mean much with the AD.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Great comment 

Once in awhile FCB actually tweets something that hits the nail on the head.

I think the alternate uniform thing has past hit it's peak anyhow and it's possible the supply chain and costs had alot to do with it at many schools.    aggy is no longer doing it.   Baylor seem to stick to more of it's traditional scheme this last season save for a few times.    The only school I saw in the Rig 12 doing this on a weekly basis was Okie State and TCU.  

13 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Ok…but that would require the person finding their car keys, trying to find Belmont, spending $20 to park, trying to find the door, then looking for the ticket office, finally getting to the counter, only to realize that they forgot their checkbook!

I park in the Ex-association garage, walk through it out to the plaza past my brick, cross the street and straight in Bellmont to the open ticket window.

Hand the info to the student clerk who prints the season tickets and pay here with a debit card.

After that’s done, Mrs. Brat goes into the stadium crap shop to look at the crap on sale. 
Then we walk back to the Ex-center where I pick up a DT paper before driving out down San Jacinto to gawk at all the huge State building projects and the massive high rises going up in West Campus.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PantsTent said:

I'm also <$500 donor and noticed they took ou ticket guarantee off the chart.  But the ticket limits for the upper donors haven't really changed much so I assume we'll still get our turn in the loyalty point ranking to select tickets. Unless it's saying that a new $500 donor with lower loyalty point will select before me. If so that's some bull shit for sure, but "loyalty" doesn't really mean much with the AD.

Don’t completely understand what CDC is saying here, since the policy has obviously changed for 2023, and I’m pretty sure it does mean that a new >$500 donor will have priority access while we do not. At least they allowed us to apply for away game tickets still, besides Bama.

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I park in the Ex-association garage, walk through it out to the plaza past my brick, cross the street and straight in Bellmont to the open ticket window.

Hand the info to the student clerk who prints the season tickets and pay here with a debit card.

After that’s done, Mrs. Brat goes into the stadium crap shop to look at the crap on sale. 
Then we walk back to the Ex-center where I pick up a DT paper before driving out down San Jacinto to gawk at all the huge State building projects and the massive high rises going up in West Campus.

Yep that's what I'm usually gawking at when I drive by campus as well 

• Haha 2

Good opportunity to do something class leading and unique with the limited space. 

There's enough space for 2 outdoor fields above street level with a little cantilevering.  Indoor facility,and large weight room below.  Would have to arch truss it to death, ship exoensive,but we're going to he to compete for real now. Time to go big.

• Hook 'Em 1

IMHO: I think an all burnt orange uniform would look very cool. The burnt orange jersey with burnt orange pants and burnt orange helmet (white longhorn logo), socks, shoes. It would the opposite of the all white uniforms. I know it will never happen.

Edited by BevoAbyss
clarity
  • Fuck You 15
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

31 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

IMHO: I think an all burnt orange uniform would look very cool. The burnt orange jersey with burnt orange pants and burnt orange helmet (white longhorn logo), socks, shoes. It would the opposite of the all white uniforms. I know it will never happen.

You are begging for so much neg rep 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Dragons Den Television GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Alfred Hitchcock Art GIF by hoppip

Hey, I said all burnt uniforms would never happen.

Now I am getting Psycho murder memed ... dredging up scary dreams from seeing that movie on TV as a kid. Better make sure my car is not in quicksand with me in it some day. Thanks Surly! 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Hey, I said all burnt uniforms would never happen.

Now I am getting Psycho murder memed ... dredging up scary dreams from seeing that movie on TV as a kid. Better make sure my car is not in quicksand with me in it some day. Thanks Surly! 

Well, your username may be an omen.

"Texas AD Chris Del Conte opens up on how move to SEC ties in with the Texas One Fund"

CDC is truly an asset. Here is a FCB article providng greater context to the Texas One Fund and the rationale to many of the recent donor changes:

Spoiler

Texas athletics has poured a lot of effort and time into helping student athletes benefit on their name, image and likeness. Texas AD Chris Del Conte has been at the forefront of some efforts, including educating University of Texas donors on the Texas One Fund — a 501c3 organization that allows Texas supporters to donate to help student athletes earn NIL money, with the ability to write off the donations 100 percent on donors taxes.

Del Conte joined The Flagship Podcast this week and discussed how impactful the Texas One Fund has been for the Longhorns, and started off explaining how the move to the SEC all ties in to donations for the Texas One Fund.

“I think a couple of things happened when you start to look at it. First, I think the move to the Southeastern Conference was critical,” Del Conte said when discussing the priority of the Texas One Fund, as seen in the video at the top of this article.

“When you look three years ago when President Trump took away the athletic deduction — he did double your annual deduction from $12,000 to $24,000, but he took away your ability to deduct priority seating. When that happened, I knew that the paradigm shift was changing, and that our donors were no longer able to write off that expense.

“So it became truly an entertainment spend and we had spent a lot of time and money talking about creating an unbelievable fan experience — kind of like Disney. Disney is really expensive. But when you go to Disney, you're spending a whole day or two days there, you want your child to come back and say ‘that was awesome.’ And it was worth my discretionary income — similar to a football game.

“Now when you can no longer write that off and that benefit is no longer there, you must figure out how to go about a different.

“So four or five years ago, I saw it coming. I saw the law change. So we got together and we said okay, we're going to really revamp how we do game days. I think they've been fabulous. We're continue to work with that, with our partners and lowering our concessions and trying to create an environment where our fans go, ‘I'm gonna go down to Austin spend the day there and it's worth my time and worth my discretionary income.’

“Similarly, now you go to the change in conferences and now who you play really matters. So that conference shift really was about who you play as well because once they took away the deduction — playing Iowa State, playing Kansas State, playing TCU, those are great games — but all the sudden you're like wait a minute. Now you have a chance to play Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida — now the value of the current price is critical. And we can maintain that price. That was really part of our thought process for this league change. And we knew that they were going to expand the playoff — it was not if, it was when.”

So where does the Texas One Fund come into the mix?

Del Conte believes the Texas One Fund will allow for student athletes to build a more important tie to the City of Austin and the community and ultimately help avoid the ‘one and done’ type of athletes in the current transfer portal era of college athletics.

“That all being said, because that's all set, the Texas One Fund truly is an outside organization that has a 501c3 longform classification, that they're going to give people opportunities to donate to the Texas One Fund and it's 100% tax deductible. They can then direct those funds to student athletes," Del Conte continued.

"What I love about this Texas One Fund is we're worried about the one and done, worried with the kid coming to Texas and leaving. Well, in order for him to receive funds from the Texas One Fund, they must perform duties within our community — whether it be Habitat for Humanity, whether it be going back and looking at our Neighborhood Longhorns or working with Dell Children's Hospital.

“Anytime we get our kids to go make an economic impact and visual impact — both emotionally — they can now all of a sudden have a big tie to the University of Texas. This is where the Texas One Fund is really special because this is going to allow kids to pour themselves into the community. We spent over 2,000 hours last year in the community, which is really, really awesome because then our kids are now seeing what Austin is, and it’s where I want to be because I love this community. So I'm really proud of that.

“And then they have a chance to do what Bijan (Robinson) did and do their own ‘Bijan Mustardson’ or whatever else he’s got cooking on the side. So it's been a new age, but we're gonna get into the new age and we're going to dominate the new age, which is what we should do.”

Catch everything Del Conte had to say about the current state of Texas athletics by tuning in to Horns247’s exclusive interview with the Texas AD on The Flagship Podcast.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/25/2023 at 6:42 AM, BevoAbyss said:

In this case, IMHO means In My Horribad Opinion

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

The right team already wears it, sans helmet.

• Hook 'Em 2

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

• 1 month later...

Screenshot_20230509-165646_kindlephoto-12645640.thumb.png.2aef223e2edc0af14ac265f62ad0011f.png

--------------------------------------------

Wonder how CDC is planning on handling stuff like tickets for the BYU game ??

"BYU has been known for having large gatherings of fans at road games–especially in Texas. In 2021, pockets of royal blue-wearing BYU fans were spread out throughout McLane Stadium for a sold-out road game at Baylor."

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20230509-165646_kindlephoto-12645640.thumb.png.2aef223e2edc0af14ac265f62ad0011f.png

--------------------------------------------

Wonder how CDC is planning on handling stuff like tickets for the BYU game ??

"BYU has been known for having large gatherings of fans at road games–especially in Texas. In 2021, pockets of royal blue-wearing BYU fans were spread out throughout McLane Stadium for a sold-out road game at Baylor."

Simple. Require each adult ticket holder to drink at least one caffeinated or alcoholic beverage at the turnstiles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Simple. Require each adult ticket holder to drink at least one caffeinated or alcoholic beverage at the turnstiles. 

Tcu serious about limiting tickets for Byu fans and Longhorn fans...

Within TCU’s ticket options for the 2023 season, they offer a “Football Mini Plan” that they call a “Keep It Purple Plan.” The Keep It Purple Plan will be the only way to purchase tickets to the TCU game against BYU on October 14 at Amon G. Carter Stadium in Ft. Worth, Texas.

TCU is looking to keep the BYU game “purple”

As the name would suggest, the focus is to have TCU fans in the stands on that mid-October day.

The only other team TCU has this arrangement for is the University of Texas. TCU hosts Texas on November 11 in Ft. Worth one final time before the Longhorns go to the SEC.

TCU’s ticket office website notes that the “Keep It Purple Plan” for the BYU and Texas games is “not available for resale.”

They also added, “TCU Athletics tickets/parking are intended for use primarily by the original purchaser. TCU reserves the right to review all transactions and revoke tickets/parking from any account determined by TCU, in its sole discretion, to be a violation of TCU policies or intent. No refund, exchange or credit will be given.”

Nobody wants to go to fort worst anyway.

But I guess it's only lower bowl? 

Tick pick will refund btw if some dumb frog doesn't let you in for wearing burnt orange.

Screenshot_20230509-185830.png

Edited by Zeus

• 4 weeks later...