2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

There is a certain amount of slack I'm willing to cut elderly people who have failed to steer off their own course they've charted for 60 years.  I mean, I've seen it over and over again.  Racism in the 80's.  Bigotry against gays in the 90's and aughts.  It's just not very common for people to self-reflect and realize they were wrong for that long.

That's the only Trump slack I'll cut, and I will not extend it to those who seemingly talk a good talk but fall back into the (R) voting habits.  If you showed you might know better, but still go the other way, fuck you.  Otherwise, I'll probably just deal with you as a family member or ignore you from here on out if you aren't.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Also, why bother voting if you're that uninterested? Seems like *cough* bullshit *cough*

They probably aren’t. This is what they said to their boss when they were sitting around eating lunch. I kept my mouth shut bc I am not going to touch that shit with a 10 foot pole. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t care. That’s what they support. They are either stupid, bigoted, or ignorant. Being ignorant is no excuse for bigotry when we have all the resources in the world. We can have a different worldview. That’s not what the issue is. 

This is the fucking amazing thing to me.  

Do you think that every one of the German people who supported the Nazi party did so because they were SUPER excited about gassing the jews?  Or did a lot of them just go along with the violence, the anti-semitism, and the hateful rhetoric because hey, I like his economic ideas, and the Brown Shirts really helped with trash pickup?  It's damned well the second thing.....but every one of those fuckers is JUST as culpable as every other person who supported the Nazi Party and helped it cement its hold on power.  

I don't give a shit if you enable evil because you love it, because you're okay with it because you get some good stuff in exchange, or because you're just too stupid to realize it.  It doesn't matter.  All three groups were necessary to support a political movement that ended up building gas chambers.  None of those groups get to escape responsibility.  None of them. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You are a fucking look right now and your analogies suck. If you intentionally bring a politician to power who has promised death you are guilty of murder. If you do it bc you aren’t paying attention and are a dipshit it’s vehicular manslaughter. There is an entire universe of colors in the crayons box other than black and white. 

Ummm....the second bolded text is exactly my fucking point, so thanks for getting it?  Tweaked the first bolded just so we'd be clear about what we're dealing with.

I don't care if you elevate an evil man because you are pro evil, you are willing to ignore evil because you're getting your bread buttered, or you're too stupid to recognize evil.  It doesn't matter.  You and those like you play an essential part in helping evil win.  Historically, it's THE essential part -- evil men don't rise to power because the masses like their evil.  They rise to power because some people like their evil, but the rest of them are willing to accept it because they get a benefit, and the remainder are too stupid to realize what they're supporting.  Yeah, I'm cool with resenting an essential ingredient in every goddamned authoritarian regime that has ever come to power in a (former) democratic country.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the fucking amazing thing to me.  

Do you think that every one of the German people who supported the Nazi party did so because they were SUPER excited about gassing the jews?  Or did a lot of them just go along with the violence, the anti-semitism, and the hateful rhetoric because hey, I like his economic ideas, and the Brown Shirts really helped with trash pickup?  It's damned well the second thing.....but every one of those fuckers is JUST as culpable as every other person who supported the Nazi Party and helped it cement its hold on power.  

I don't give a shit if you enable evil because you love it, because you're okay with it because you get some good stuff in exchange, or because you're just too stupid to realize it.  It doesn't matter.  All three groups were necessary to support a political movement that ended up building gas chambers.  None of those groups get to escape responsibility.  None of them. 

This.  Just because Albert Speer had an amazing architectural eye doesn’t make him any less of a piece of shit. No matter how much he tried to dodge his culpability and spin his role as a technocrat who was following orders. 

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m aware they exist. That doesn’t change my point in the slightest. Ignorance isn’t an excuse. 

As I said, totally valid opinion. I don't excuse them either and if they start to talk about politics I'm absolutely savage to them. But I can draw a line between malice and/or selfishness and just outright stupidity. I can tell my neighbor he is too stupid and bereft of facts to even engage in political discussion while still being able to give him a reasonably friendly wave in the morning.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummm....the second bolded text is exactly my fucking point, so thanks for getting it?  Tweaked the first bolded just so we'd be clear about what we're dealing with.

I don't care if you elevate an evil man because you are pro evil, you are willing to ignore evil because you're getting your bread buttered, or you're too stupid to recognize evil.  It doesn't matter.  You and those like you play an essential part in helping evil win.  Historically, it's THE essential part -- evil men don't rise to power because the masses like their evil.  They rise to power because some people like their evil, but the rest of them are willing to accept it because they get a benefit, and the remainder are too stupid to realize what they're supporting.  Yeah, I'm cool with resenting an essential ingredient in every goddamned authoritarian regime that has ever come to power in a (former) democratic country.

There’s a difference between murder and vehicular manslaughter and if you don’t recognize that you are a disingenuous shit head. 
fuck man you are an attorney and you are trying to make an argument against mens rea. Take a fucking step back and get a hold of yourself. 

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The problem I have with it is the absolute fucking lies by the Republican senators. If the senators had stood by what they said when they refused to give Obamas nominee a vote,, there wouldn’t have been enough votes to confirm. They are lying sacks of shit that can’t be trusted and regardless of whether I think Berrett would’ve otherwise been a good judge, they shit all over the process and I have no respect for them at this point. If you are OK with a win at all cost philosophy, get ready to be bent over with no lube when you inevitably are in the minority.

well stated... except for the last sentence bc we've all seen democrats in power and we know as a party they just don't have the will to be that tough. which is a shame bc we (collectively) really, really need them to be this time. 

oh well... i'll settle for not being terrified and/or mortified daily.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

This.  Just because Albert Speer had an amazing architectural eye doesn’t make him any less of a piece of shit. No matter how much he tried to dodge his culpability and spin his role as a technocrat who was following orders. 

That's pretty much the opposite of what Wulaw is saying though. Whatever the anti-Speer is is what he is talking about

1 minute ago, G650 said:

As I said, totally valid opinion. I don't excuse them either and if they start to talk about politics I'm absolutely savage to them. But I can draw a line between malice and/or selfishness and just outright stupidity. I can tell my neighbor he is too stupid and bereft of facts to even engage in political discussion while still being able to give him a reasonably friendly wave in the morning.

Yea that’s entirely fair. I don’t engage with the stupid. My point though is that criticism of people for cutting people out of their lives because their views are morally repugnant is bullshit. The people who have done that are making hard choices about what is acceptable is society. And being racist, nationalist, misogynistic, etc is not longer acceptable. I don’t allow people around me to act that way or they will no longer be around me. It’s what people who aren’t morally repugnant do.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There’s a difference between murder and vehicular manslaughter and if you don’t recognize that you are a disingenuous shit head. 
fuck man you are an attorney and you are trying to make an argument against mens rea. Take a fucking step back and get a hold of yourself. 

1)  There isn't a fucking difference to the dead guy.

2)  And YES, BOTH FUCKING CREATE CRIMINAL CULPABILITY.

You absolve group 2 (hey, I'm okay with evil as long as I get mine) and group 3 (I'll vote for evil because I'm stupid) of ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL CULPABILITY.

If you run over my kids on purpose, or because you're a complete fucking moron, I'm gonna be honest, I'm not gonna feel a whole lot of nuance.  You killed my kids, and you did it because you committed conduct for which you are culpable.  Neither scenario is going to stay on my list of friends.  If you kill my country under the same set of circumstances, same result.

Evil men can't rise to power without the support of the selfish or the ignorant.  I don't excuse, tolerate, or forgive them.  They are a necessary component in the machinery of cruelty and destruction.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

The only people that benefit from trump are multi millionaires/billionaires who benefit from the raping of proper regulation/oversight/and taxation done by republicans. All other supporters, no matter the race, are too stupid to see they're voting to harm themselves too

True, but that’s also been true with every Republican president in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea that’s entirely fair. I don’t engage with the stupid. My point though is that criticism of people for cutting people out of their lives because their views are morally repugnant is bullshit. The people who have done that are making hard choices about what is acceptable is society. And being racist, nationalist, misogynistic, etc is not longer acceptable. I don’t allow people around me to act that way or they will no longer be around me. It’s what people who aren’t morally repugnant do.

Oh yeah totally agree.

Just now, G650 said:

I mean, I said something about this in one of these threads earlier. The average American is literally a moron. Everyone agreed whole heartedly but has now ascribed agency to these people they don't have.

They can be a moron and still be morally bankrupt. Those aren’t mutually exclusive. And frankly anyone pretending not to know that Trump is a terrible human is a liar. Seriously gimme a break.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

They can be a moron and still be morally bankrupt. Those aren’t mutually exclusive. And frankly anyone pretending not to know that Trump is a terrible human is a liar. Seriously gimme a break.

Yeah I'm not arguing the first part, but as I said, the second part absolutely can be true, as insane as it sounds.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

True, but that’s also been true with every Republican president in my lifetime. 

That's why it's so easy for them to still vote for trump. They're so delusional from decades of brainwashing they'll still support pure corruption and evil as long as it has the republican badging on it. Luckily I don't have any family here other than parents and they can't vote so don't give a shit about US politics. They still follow UK ones mostly. But my wife's family has some west Texas country members who aren't bad people when you know them but they're incapable of realizing how badly republicans are harming their future prospects for healthcare, employment, and a manageable ecosystem. The idiots you see driving around with trump flags and on caravans are pure evil pieces of shit. Most voters of his are people that aren't necessarily evil just too stupid and brainwashed to recognize it's coming wrapped in their own brand.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

These AZ numbers are doomy af for me. Biden absolutely needs AZ to keep this out of Trump’s PA fuckery.

Martha McSally, a decorated Air Force officer in a state full of Air Force personnel, could not beat a bisexual atheist libtard with an oddly spelled name.

Now she's running against a decorated astronaut.

AZ will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Think single issue voters like abortion voters rile me up the most mainly because there's so many of them. 

Have a friend who votes R (and huge trump supporter) just because of this one issue only.  When we talk about shit, he agrees with me 100% on every other social/fiscal issue.  But this one issue is why he’s team R. 

And he’s a closet gay. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The Supreme Court should have more sanctity.  It should be fixed at 9.

I agree with SBBruin on this one. Changing the rules of the game is very GOPish. Have good policies, win over voters, maintain control of the senate and get more liberal justices to replace Thomas and Alito when the time comes.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Think single issue voters like abortion voters rile me up the most mainly because there's so many of them. 

Me too, and I think for me it’s because most of them use abortion as a crutch to not think at all. They think as long as you yell about the unborn you can justify anything you want

• Like 1

all this talk of family relationships suffering bc of Trumpism...i mean, your family is your family, you don't really have a choice as to who they are...

what i don't get are the marriages, etc. i mean, of course i don't agree with my husband 100% or maybe even 50% of the time..but Trumpism is just so gotdamn gross! it wouldn't really natter if it was because you were evil or just stupid (to use Wulaw's 'excuse'). it would absolutely be a dealbreaker. Trump is fucking disgusting and so is his cult.

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I agree with SBBruin on this one. Changing the rules of the game is very GOPish. Have good policies, win over voters, maintain control of the senate and get more liberal justices to replace Thomas and Alito when the time comes.

And this is exactly how we got to where we are.

One side plays by the rules and one side says fuck the rules.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm going to disagree on that. Trumps a means to an end for the GOP at this point but "Trump" won't be the GOP direction when he's done here

They lost the House thanks to Trump.  They are losing the White House, and potentially the Senate.  Even if they don't lose the Senate, Mitch will make sure they lose it in 2022.   Biden and Co. are already making plans to reverse many of Trump's decisions, Executive Orders, etc., and Biden and Co. are going to have been given a clear agenda and power to reverse so much, if not all of what Trump did.

The BMDs of the GOP are going to be absolutely fucking furious with Trump and anybody directly connected to him.  They put a lot of effort and time and money into getting Congress and the WH, and he was not their first choice in 2016, but they were fine as long as he's winning and doing what they want.  

Trump is now setting them back.  There will be plenty of Republican politicians who directly lost thanks to Trump.  

Trump's cheerleaders don't mean shit if the GOP is out of power.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

You just described both sides of my family tree. You and I differ on what we hope for as far as their voting, but it is an interesting  dichotomy - people who are otherwise conservative but can’t get worked up about illegals because they’re not only a fundamental part of that economy for 100 years, but also (over time) like another extension of the family. My grandad’s head hand, Jesse, and his family had Thanksgiving dinner with us every year; he was a pallbearer at his funeral.

What I meant by hoping he votes R on all the down ballot stuff is that I think that's the best I can hope for. I have no delusions about him having an epiphany and switching sides at 72 years old. (Although I will say he knows Sid Miller personally and doesn't like him, either)