2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The goddamned Cubans are killing us.  They love their right-wing dictatorships.

My wife is Cuban.  They aren't the smartest voters.  There is something authoritarian in their genes.  It wasn't until Trump called Mexicans a bunch of rapists that she started to open her eyes.

• Like 1

Even though Florida looks like a loss, couldn't these numbers be looked at as promising for Biden for the night? He's beating Hilary pretty much everywhere except for Miami-Dade. That's a pretty unique large county, it's not like GA, NC, Penn have a huge population of Cubans that will fuck this up.

Edited by UncleSonny

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Even though Florida looks like a loss, couldn't there numbers could be looked at as promising? He's beating Hilary pretty much everywhere except for Miami-Dade. That's a pretty unique large county, it's not like GA, NC, Penn have a huge population of Cubans that will fuck this up.

Yeah, overall Biden is over performing in suburbs, which is good

1 minute ago, LonghornSean said:

NC is < 1 percent in so it's all poll based. IDK what GA started at FWIW. If you'd told me Biden gets even one of those three I'd be happy. I'd basically written Florida off, I just did not expect it to happen like this. They never cease to let you down.

Does not bode well for TX or AZ, despite the differences in the latino communities.

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Biden has a 125k lead with 75% reporting, isn't that a sign for optimism? My DOOM-ometer is off

He's underperforming in Miami Dade which was a big part of Hillary and any Democrat's numbers.  Now if there were an overwhleming # of Dems voting in Miami today, that could offset the early #s.  But unlikely.

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Even though Florida looks like a loss, couldn't there numbers could be looked at as promising? He's beating Hilary pretty much everywhere except for Miami-Dade. That's a pretty unique large county, it's not like GA, NC, Penn have a huge population of Cubans that will fuck this up.

Yes that is the good news.

1 minute ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Biden's going to drop 200-250K votes in the central time zone counties in Florida, that's why Florida is over.

Good news is Miami-Dade's demographics are not replicated anywhere else in the country. Biden outperforming in most of the rest of Florida.

Cuban-Americans will give Trump Florida, but Mexican-Americans will give Biden Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Apparently the Cubans’ problem is with communism, not with dictatorships. 

the only thing FL Cubans give a fuck about is going back to Cuba and buying up all the real estate. They give very little fucks for the people left behind 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Biden's going to drop 200-250K votes in the central time zone counties in Florida, that's why Florida is over.

Good news is Miami-Dade's demographics are not replicated anywhere else in the country. Biden outperforming in most of the rest of Florida.

This is true. It's the other reason I'm not full on panicking right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Yeah, overall Biden is over performing in suburbs, which is good