There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

there's more cloak room in football than ever before as well. holy shit, the game thread was a disaster. i didn't feel like doing anything about it, but damn, yall. you don't want politics in your sports, then don't insert it. i know the athletes are doing their thing, but shit, if it's such a big deal, either ignore it or talk about it on cloak room. so many political comments in that game thread. it's like yall say one thing and do another.

there's more cloak room in football than ever before as well. holy shit, the game thread was a disaster. i didn't feel like doing anything about it, but damn, yall. you don't want politics in your sports, then don't insert it. i know the athletes are doing their thing, but shit, if it's such a big deal, either ignore it or talk about it on cloak room. so many political comments in that game thread. it's like yall say one thing and do another.

8d9daef0ce1649d45b5fdfbb364e87ef.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Shit, I could post a thread in DT about how I hit on the daughter of Lee Harvey Oswald, without knowing who she was until a few days ago, and even though a shitload of you probably hit on her as well (if you were in Austin in the 80s to mid 90s), somebody would try and claim it was CR.

Fucking CR!

Can confirm CR and DT are still full of retarded cliques who brigade neg regardless of good faith intentions. Fucking ridiculous this shit is still going on. I've been on this site for its whole existence, but because I don't post much and don't have 1000+ rep, I'm in danger of being booted because some butt-hurt children have time to waste going around and mass negging thirty posts at a time. I see this kind of immaturity out in the real world, but it's sad to see it's happening to Shaggy.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, immamac said:

I'm hearing a lot of complaining, but not really given many solutions.

Mix and or Match:

- Shut down negging

- Shut down negging posts in CR and DT

- Don't allow more than 1 neg per poster per post per 30+ minutes (or similar)

- Don't allow posters with more than 50% posts in DT or CR any neg privileges

- Automatically neg posters who give out more than 5 neg in 5 minutes (or similar)

- Block negging for posters with a high negs given per actual posts written (or similar)

Something needs to be done because DT and CR are a fucking cesspool that threatens discussion on the whole site. I understand it's an election year, but if this childish tribalism isn't addressed it will stay and spread like a cancerous malignancy to the rest of the board worse than it already has. And No, I could care less about the actual neg, it's the automatic banning that sucks. All because kids can't use their words, only mentally masturbate themselves with the neg button.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think we'll be fine.  Election Day is almost here.  I think I've probably given out 1 neg point for every 20 I've received.  Besides it gives Irth and Rex Kramer something to do on weeknights.  

I know it's frustrating for the mods, but I think we can limp into November the way we're going.  Football Board is jammed up right now but I think that's a function of the shitshow of our coaching situation.  

I think a breakout of Covid19 as it hits the next (and hopefully, last) wave next month would be helpful.  

And we're gonna need a non-political forum for all the murder and mayhem that's going to hit the nation between Election Day and Inauguration Day.  We do need a place to discuss what's about the be the darkest chapter in U.S. history in the last 80 years.  Garry Coleman could host! 

1 hour ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Can confirm CR and DT are still full of retarded cliques who brigade neg regardless of good faith intentions. Fucking ridiculous this shit is still going on. I've been on this site for its whole existence, but because I don't post much and don't have 1000+ rep, I'm in danger of being booted because some butt-hurt children have time to waste going around and mass negging thirty posts at a time. I see this kind of immaturity out in the real world, but it's sad to see it's happening to Shaggy.

looking over your posts there, regardless is the correct description. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Mix and or Match:

- Shut down negging

- Shut down negging posts in CR and DT

- Don't allow more than 1 neg per poster per post per 30+ minutes (or similar)

- Don't allow posters with more than 50% posts in DT or CR any neg privileges

- Automatically neg posters who give out more than 5 neg in 5 minutes (or similar)

- Block negging for posters with a high negs given per actual posts written (or similar)

Something needs to be done because DT and CR are a fucking cesspool that threatens discussion on the whole site. I understand it's an election year, but if this childish tribalism isn't addressed it will stay and spread like a cancerous malignancy to the rest of the board worse than it already has. And No, I could care less about the actual neg, it's the automatic banning that sucks. All because kids can't use their words, only mentally masturbate themselves with the neg button.

Agreed.  I have found myself hanging around less here due to this.  Plus side I am getting more work done.

FWIW I agree that there is too much loosely-coordinated neg-bombing in the CR. There are right-wing posters that get negged for doing the same type stuff that lots of people do in there. I've seen @Wulaw Horn get negged for having the "wrong" opinion when trying to discuss genuinely. I've seen @GRHorn get negged just for posting relatively normal tweets that just fall on the wrong side (although GR does like to throw troll darts from time to time). I've seen it happen to Anastasis and several other Trump supporters as well. Mostly discussing in good faith, or at least in no poorer faith than most conversation on Surly is. I find myself pos-repping posts that I don't even agree with just to offset that at times.

That's why all political threads should just move over there. Get that shit off of the DT and Football boards and into the CR where it belongs, and turn CR back into thunderdome. 

- Eyes of Texas thread? Cloak Room.
- Covid threads? Cloak Room
- Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping? Obviously fucking Cloak Room, why was this ever allowed to even exist on the DT?
- Megathread of Doom? Cloak Room

Make the Cloak Room Interesting again. And get the trash off of the main boards.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Whats up @immamac

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure that's not a permanent thing.

I'm not a tech or have any insight, but it's pretty clear (to my ignorant eyes) he's made some software changes and is in the middle of a data migration of sorta. Changing the forum name and not updating the URL probably made the posts disappear. You can see that the rep functions differently now than it did just this morning (listing out different types on the bottom of the post).

It's definitely a temporary problem. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not a tech or have any insight, but it's pretty clear (to my ignorant eyes) he's made some software changes and is in the middle of a data migration of sorta. Changing the forum name and not updating the URL probably made the posts disappear. You can see that the rep functions differently now than it did just this morning (listing out different types on the bottom of the post).

I'm just giving him some grief

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yes, he's migrating the CR data to the beyond section at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Good luck finding it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, G650 said:

I'm just giving him some grief

Lets not pretend there isn't a fairly decent chance he just got sick of all of us shitpiles and nuked the entire politics forum. I mean, it's not like that's out of the realm of possibility. But then again, I assume DT and Football would also have been nuked. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets not pretend there isn't a fairly decent chance he just got sick of all of us shitpiles and nuked the entire politics forum. I mean, it's not like that's out of the realm of possibility. But then again, I assume DT and Football would also have been nuked. 

What's left at that point if you nuke CR, DT and Football? 

Fire Shaka Smart thread
Astros are cheaters thread
Steel Shank food thread
Wife lulz thread