There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

6th Street Journal? What in tarnation? Are there Jagrbombs?

open to name suggestions Bada Bing just doesn't seem right anymore. I don't like the name that much either. 

Surly 5000 IQ 5D Chess business commentary didn't ring right either though.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

open to name suggestions Bada Bing just doesn't seem right anymore. I don't like the name that much either. 

Surly 5000 IQ 5D Chess business commentary didn't ring right either though.

I can see that it exists, and I can click to get there by clicking the link on the where the thread was moved, but I don't see it at the top of the page. How do I get to the page directly?

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I can see that it exists, and I can click to get there by clicking the link on the where the thread was moved, but I don't see it at the top of the page. How do I get to the page directly?

it's not in the clickable text links at the top yet.

People should start using fluid view a lot more and just click the boards you want to see shit from and it'll show up instead of having to click down through each one of the forum navs.

@immamacIs there any possibility you could create a sub for soccer while you're making all these changes, especially seeing how Austin has a team now? Otherwise, that Austin FC thread is going to become a monster mega meta thread. It seems that interest is high enough now to merit the creation of a sub.

That's my pair of pennies for now if you're taking requests.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, tantric superman said:

To pass the time, we could start an argument about how The Shawshank Redemption is faggotry nonsense in "Movies". ..

There are precious few posts of yours I agree with, but if this is a real take of yours and you aren't fucking with me that's pistols at dusk shit right there man. 

44 minutes ago, bolverk said:

@immamacIs there any possibility you could create a sub for soccer while you're making all these changes, especially seeing how Austin has a team now? Otherwise, that Austin FC thread is going to become a monster mega meta thread. It seems that interest is high enough now to merit the creation of a sub.

That's my pair of pennies for now if you're taking requests.

every other sports team has its own monster megathread, why can't austin fc?

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

every other sports team has its own monster megathread, why can't austin fc?

I mean, they still could but why not keep general soccer discussion and its various threads separate? The state will have three MLS teams come next year - one of which will be Austin's only pro big league team. Doesn't seem like a real big deal, but I'm not gonna bitch if immamac decides otherwise. I was just throwing out there what looked like a logical addition to the board while he was making all these other changes.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:29 AM, BradInATX said:

FWIW I agree that there is too much loosely-coordinated neg-bombing in the CR. There are right-wing posters that get negged for doing the same type stuff that lots of people do in there. I've seen @Wulaw Horn get negged for having the "wrong" opinion when trying to discuss genuinely. I've seen @GRHorn get negged just for posting relatively normal tweets that just fall on the wrong side (although GR does like to throw troll darts from time to time). I've seen it happen to Anastasis and several other Trump supporters as well. Mostly discussing in good faith, or at least in no poorer faith than most conversation on Surly is. I find myself pos-repping posts that I don't even agree with just to offset that at times.

That's why all political threads should just move over there. Get that shit off of the DT and Football boards and into the CR where it belongs, and turn CR back into thunderdome. 

- Eyes of Texas thread? Cloak Room.
- Covid threads? Cloak Room
- Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping? Obviously fucking Cloak Room, why was this ever allowed to even exist on the DT?
- Megathread of Doom? Cloak Room

Make the Cloak Room Interesting again. And get the trash off of the main boards.

I admittedly sometimes troll to rile up the troops, but there’s a genuine hostility towards opposing viewpoints in CR that is larger than it is in Daily Texan. That should come as no surprise given that the Cancel Culture is a product of the left.  It’s pretty unhealthy and I’m not sure how it gets wound back. Electing Biden and Harris won’t change things. It won’t suddenly be safe for my relative that’s a professor at the University to express their conservative political ideas. It’s all messed up. 

• Hook 'Em 1