The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Sounds like the ACB announcement on Saturday was the big spreading event.  That’s the only event the Norte Dame President was also at assuming he got it while in Washington and not in Indiana.

You can get hep-c, AIDS, and malaria in northern Indiana in 30mts.   You can sure as shit get COVID-19 there.  

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DEATH CULT GOVERNMENT

IT WAS A PERSONAL CHOICE 

They are going to rebrand it as FREEDOM, but the majority of Americans (who plan on voting Biden) know that the mask is to protect others so the FYIGM is not fooling anyone but those that were going to vote for him anyway.

29 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And with no money to run television ads, that means the campaign just ended.  The only real campaigning he had the money to do was to fly around in a government plane (for which he's supposed to reimburse the government, but this is Trump) doing rallies.  And now that's done.

I don't really exaggerate when I say that Biden should go back to Delaware, quarantine for the next month, and spend those hundreds of millions of dollars he has on ads.  He can do virtual town halls and events.  But there's absolutely no reason to expose him to danger at this point.

Maybe he can buy airtime and present a debate style hour where a “moderator” of his choosing can ask questions that his team wrote or ok’d, and answer without interruption. An interview, if you will. Maybe have a cardboard Trump at another podium 6 feet away and behind a fiberglass partition. 

or would that be too on the nose?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Obviously too early to tell, but there's a legitimate chance that Trump's campaigning just ended. 

Every hour that passes without him being in public or on the trail is absolutely devastating to his chances. You love to see it. 

CNBC is pointing out that he hasn't Tweeted in 14 hours and that Tweet likely wasn't from him.

29 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I hear ya. But Joe and his team are taking the right precautions. At least for now, video of Biden on the campaign trail while Trump is lying sick in bed is a contrast that needs to be amplified. 

I agree. As long as he takes all the precautions, and those with him take the precautions, its a low risk. But the optics of Biden out and about while Bunker Covid Bitch quarantines for a hoax are wonderful.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, zzzz said:

Trump said we needed to get back to business to help prevent suicides. How many of his followers would kill themselves if he lost his life to COVID19?

That’d just make everywhere a little bluer a little sooner. 
Mask/no mask party breakdown and death totals probably do that as well. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 minutes ago, softlynow said:

This is a good lie. By claiming the severity is in the middle of the scale, we're all left guessing if it's actually mild or severe. Well done.

"...its a very moderate case....for 74 year old, obese, adderall addict."

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Also, there is no way he isnt getting the gamut of medicine and treatment thrown at him already. Im sure hes had a million plasma transfers by now

Exactly this.  He is being pumped up with antibodies and everything else we have as we type.  By the time this is over, he may even be venereal disease free for the first time in his life

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I know these idiots like to look back on the "Greatest Generation" and World War II, and they see it as one of the shining examples of American heroism and awesomeness. 

Do they understand there was forced conscription, requiring able body men to join the military, take orders from anyone with a higher rank, risk their lives, and kill other people?

Do they understand there was rationing of almost all consumer goods?

Do they understand that industries were required to change their production to meet military demands?

Do they understand that coasts were required to black out their lights, in case enemy ships might attack?

Some time in the next few months, American fatalities from four years of WW2 (292k) will be surpassed by those from Covid in one year. 

And these fucking idiots think that wearing a mask at the White House is some unprecedented imposition on freedom. 

Shut your hole!

- the stock market

:)

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know what?  Fuck that noise.  The man has consistently failed to take the steps needed to combat this disease, because he thought doing so would damage the economy and lower his chances at reelection.  He is personally morally culpable for the deaths of 210,000 Americans.  If he dies of the 'Rona, it'll be the most perfectly ironic death in the history of irony.

You're right, of course. I don't want him to die before he loses the election though; we don't need no stinkin' martyrs up in this bitch.

The adderrall addiction explains a lot, though.

Hell, I only took about 60 mg a day during my heydey and it was enough to keep me up half the night playing online poker.  This was before twitter.

Plus it makes otherwise nice guys become raging assholes.

lmao at moderate case, moderate in that he doesn't need a ventilator - yet?

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread