Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20230927_095028_Chrome.jpg

While this is true, a season-ending injury to a highly touted starting QB would be a complete disaster for damned near anyone. They're lucky to actually have a back-up worth a shit with experience. The irony of ATM having enough depth at a position to weather a major injury is somewhat absurd, given the overall lack of depth on their roster. 

So far this season, ATM has lost their starting TE, QB, and S for the season due to injury. They needed a really healthy season to do something north of 7-5 and they don't look like they're getting it. One thing they are benefitting from is that the SEC is hot garbage this season. They might still be able to find their way to 8-4+ simply because Miss State, Ole Miss, Tenn, Arkansas and SCar all suck too. They can lose to Bama and LSU and still go 9-3. I don't think they will, but they could. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

Didnt want to do a HIPPA violation yesterday but Weigman broke something in his foot (Talus bone sp?) and it didnt show on xray because of the swelling. The parents are looking at suing 247 because his info was leaked and have no idea how it was leaked. I like to imagine that it was boosters leaking it but they will try and pin it on Jimbo.

good luck with that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Meh. Petrino focuses above all else on protecting his QB.

I sense the sarcasm.

Petrino's teams in 'sacks allowed' (rank)

2014 (114th) 41 sacks allowed
2015 (124th) 44 sacks allowed
2016 (124th) 47 sacks allowed
2017 (98th) 33 sacks allowed
2018 (127th) 43 sacks allowed

This years team:

2023 (43rd) 6 sacks allowed

Interested to see how much that changes now that they've got a statue back there as opposed to Weigman.

• Hook 'Em 5

Weigman's parents sound exhausting lol. Which is good for our entertainment value I guess

For those unaware, HIPAA only applies to healthcare providers. The doctor and staff that saw Conner can't share his information unless it's for medically important reasons. Other providers in the clinic can't access his records. All that stuff is recorded by EHR systems and easily checkable

The leak came from someone the Weigmans themselves told. Or a member of the team/staff. That stuff happens. Was the end game to use a high ankle sprain as an excuse through the end of the year? Sounds weird but I guess we're talking about a fanbase that believes the flu knocked out half the team for two weeks

ETA: If you're going to be helicopter parents and don't want your kid to get injured, don't let him play football and especially don't let him play for Fisher/Addazzio (and I think Dameyune Craig would have been the QB coach at the time lol). If you're going to let your kid be an adult and make his own decisions, then don't go chewing out coaches and talking about suing message boards when adversity strikes

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 8

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Didnt want to do a HIPPA violation yesterday but Weigman broke something in his foot (Talus bone sp?) and it didnt show on xray because of the swelling. The parents are looking at suing 247 because his info was leaked and have no idea how it was leaked. I like to imagine that it was boosters leaking it but they will try and pin it on Jimbo to get out of the buyout.

It stinks that a talented young kid is out for the year but we are staring at a simply awesome OK Corral type shootout brewing with Jimbo using this as his excuse to see year 6 and the donors using this as a reason to fire him. Should be fun

Regardless of the scenario, make sure you tell your aggy friends that "Boy, Jimbo better make sure his Johnson stays upright"

247 is not a covered entity under HIPAA, so they aren't subject to HIPAA

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

The leak came from someone the Weigmans themselves told. Or a member of the team/staff. That stuff happens. Was the end game to use a high ankle sprain as an excuse through the end of the year? Sounds weird but I guess we're talking about a fanbase that believes the flu knocked out half the team for two weeks

i can't imagine the leak came from inside the A&M house with how much Jimbo is trying to keep things close to the vest around injuries and everything else.

absolutely think it came from someone they told or that he told vs the program.

So......does this buy Jimbo another year? Oh wait, he's not going anywhere cause he's guaranteed eleventy billion dollars anyway. He's got 3 more years regardless of how shitty he continues to be. It would be aggy for Jimbo to win barely enough (a NYs day bowl) next year that they give him another 5 year $80M guaranteed contract. You know, cause it takes 15 years to build a program.

• Drool 1

This is the best outcome we could have hoped for long-term. 7-5 this year but Jimbo will sell the Weigman injury as hope and their fans will eat it up. They will surely have more dudes hit the portal this offseason and Jimbo will have another portal season of taking bread.

Their 2024 schedule is pretty favorable. Notre Dame in non-conference play will be tough but they get LSU and Texas at home. Their road games are Auburn, South Carolina, Florida and Mississippi State. But they will find a way to go 8-4 and maybe Arch can put the final nail in Jimbo's coffin next Thanksgiving.

Edited by Hookem2147

I know for certain the family was trying to keep this quiet, for whatever reason.  I have a very close connection to them that I won't reveal, but when I mentioned this going around the boards this morning, "That's already out there!?!" was the response.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 2

37 minutes ago, b_p said:

I know for certain the family was trying to keep this quiet, for whatever reason.  I have a very close connection to them that I won't reveal, but when I mentioned this going around the boards this morning, "That's already out there!?!" was the response.

Only appropriate question to ask them is, “why the fuck they’d let their kid play for Jimbo, for fucks sake?!”

He’s been a terrible QB coach. The one time he couldn’t ruin a good QB, he had to cover up multiple sexual assaults to benefit from his good fortune.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Maybe it's all in my head but I thought I remembered reading that Weigman's parents disliked Jimbo and were looking for him to transfer after last season. If that is the case, I don't see how Weigman stays after this year. There's a certain program in Tuscaloosa who is looking for a transfer QB.

Weigman should only be concerned about his recovery because there is a good chance his football career is over.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

No sir.

You must have missed the aggie post the other day where the author had been sitting next to the Weigman's when the injury occurred, and the parents, unsolicited, told the author: "We know Jimbo will take care of hm. We love it here."

Yes, but that was after kind aggies showed them the way to Kyle Field. And Jimbo's wife offered blow jobs to all the males in the family.

Good people, those aggies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Only appropriate question to ask them is, “why the fuck they’d let their kid play for Jimbo, for fucks sake?!”

He’s been a terrible QB coach. The one time he couldn’t ruin a good QB, he had to cover up multiple sexual assaults to benefit from his good fortune.

I ask different people this that either followed Jimbo pre-A&M, or are Aggies now, and they are all convinced he is a quarterback whisperer due to draft results of Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, EJ Manual and Jameis Winston.  It's hard to ignore so many first round draft picks at the position, but clearly there is a pattern of under-performance among these guys (and that is putting it nicely) and a drop-off of even that which is ignored. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I ask different people this that either followed Jimbo pre-A&M, or are Aggies now, and they are all convinced he is a quarterback whisperer due to draft results of Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, EJ Manual and Jameis Winston.  It's hard to ignore so many first round draft picks at the position, but clearly there is a pattern of under-performance among these guys (and that is putting it nicely) and a drop-off of even that which is ignored. 

Even with that list of first round qbs, Jameis was really the only one that was truly a great college qb. The rest of those guys were pretty inconsistent in school.

Basically the theme is they flashed really high ceilings based on their elite physical gifts but failed to put it all together in college and they were drafted high on potential. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Even with that list of first round qbs, Jameis was really the only one that was truly a great college qb. The rest of those guys were pretty inconsistent in school.

Basically the theme is they flashed really high ceilings based on their elite physical gifts but failed to put it all together in college and they were drafted high on potential. 

To people that can think critically, that would indicate that he's actually a shitty developer, but we are talking about aggies and other smooth brain idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Their 2024 schedule is pretty favorable. Notre Dame in non-conference play will be tough but they get LSU and Texas at home. Their road games are Auburn, South Carolina, Florida and Mississippi State. But they will find a way to go 8-4 and maybe Arch can put the final nail in Jimbo's coffin next Thanksgiving.

Those dipshits better hope they beat us next year. The game is in college station, and we’ll be replacing about 6 or 7 starters on offense (including the QB and every wide receiver), and as many as 9 starters on defense. In theory next year should be their best shot in the near future.

21 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Those dipshits better hope they beat us next year. The game is in college station, and we’ll be replacing about 6 or 7 starters on offense (including the QB and every wide receiver), and as many as 9 starters on defense. In theory next year should be their best shot in the near future.

We rotate so many on defense that is not an issue. The issue will be QB, WR, and TE. Though i imagine will get portals at WR and TE.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Didnt want to do a HIPPA violation yesterday but Weigman broke something in his foot (Talus bone sp?) and it didnt show on xray because of the swelling. The parents are looking at suing 247 because his info was leaked and have no idea how it was leaked. I like to imagine that it was boosters leaking it but they will try and pin it on Jimbo to get out of the buyout.

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

247 is not a covered entity under HIPAA, so they aren't subject to HIPAA

Clearly they are suing under the HIPPA Act, not the HIPAA Act. 
image.jpeg.8bf8d5ac724ec814203d1852284ef530.jpeg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I probably missed this but…why is this career threatening?

Covered somewhat in the "tell me about AM" thread by the resident medical folks.  Basically it's a small weight bearing bone in the ankle - can be hard to heal, commonly has some negative complications (loss of mobility, flexibility etc.)

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

We rotate so many on defense that is not an issue. The issue will be QB, WR, and TE. Though i imagine will get portals at WR and TE.

Anthony Hill is gonna have a HUGE day against that shit aggy line next year

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

One time I went to an A&M game.  And I got lost between the parking lot and the stadium.  The Aggies helped me find my way to the stadium.  I would have never found it but for their help. 

One time I went to an A&M game, and some cute sorority girls directed me to their dorm room. I didn't make the game, but I appreciated the hospitality. Apparently the corps is too busy grabbing each others junk and fucking sheep to pay them enough attention. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

One time I went to an A&M game.  And I got lost between the parking lot and the stadium.  The Aggies helped me find my way to the stadium.  I would have never found it but for their help. 

I went to an A&M game. My first one a long time ago. I'd always heard about the fabulous traditions, and I was not disappointed. Wandering around campus, we saw guys in underwear and boots sliding on the pavement! Everybody said howdy except for when we were accosted for stepping on the grass. The nice cadet explained it was a memorial and treated our scrapes like a real humanitarian. It was very moving.

Anyway, we walked around and enjoyed the best tailgating with the best boots and shorts wearin' people we'll ever meet. Game time was near. I and my friends found ourselves in a strange place with row upon row of bench seats ascending almost to the sky in three decks. Aggies were hooting all around us. There was this huge pasture, like a square that the benches surrounded. 

We were worried we'd miss the game. I asked a kindly cadet if he could help. He asked if we'd like to see his ring. It was very shiny. We then told him we were lost and looking for the stadium.

"Why, ma'am, look around! You're in Kyle Field right now!" 

We were so grateful. We would never have made it in time for the game without the young man's help. I'm retired, but I'm going to apply to A&M so I can become a Fightin' Texas Aggie from Texas! 

Howdy! Howdy! Howdy! 

Gig them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's kind of incredible how predictably everything has played out for aggy. 

1) Weigman should play baseball with his injury issues

2) Bryce Foster is soft and doesn't love football

3) Fatheree picked the wrong sport because of his height and will struggle to block/stay healthy. 

4)  Durkin runs a lot of 3 man fronts which will be problematic for aggys defense. 

What am I missing? 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

3) Fatheree picked the wrong sport because of his height and will struggle to block/stay healthy. 

4)  Durkin runs a lot of 3 man fronts which will be problematic for aggys defense. 

What am I missing? 

The lack of Offensive Line development will make it difficult to keep their QB healthy.

Paying top quality $$ for mercenary talent on the Defensive Line doesn't necessarily translate into great production.

KKL is a psychopath who will eventually turn on the Aggies.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Seems to be a fairly common occurrence. You’d think they built a sheep maze to negotiate that required a guide. 😉

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What am I missing? 

Evan Stewart is a diva, doesn’t like contact, and won’t fight for first downs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What am I missing? 

5) Jimbo Fisher has run Florida State i to the ground.  Nobody in their right mind would would hire that guy for $100 million guaranteed with no buyout.