10.15.20 Trump Town Hall Thread Of Insanity

South Austin

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I think we should use Donald Trump as the litmus test for allowing people to vote in this country.  As future generations turn 18 we should make them watch video of this guy answering questions and then ask the new prospective voter if they would vote for this guy for president.  If they answer yes then they lose the right to vote for being too stupid and a danger to the greater good of this country.  

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. What's your opinion on sterilization based on similar criterion? 

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Biden did very well.

Trump was unnecessarily defensive, angry, and evasive.

Poor showing by Trump. 

With the caveat that I didn’t watch, I take issue with the word “unnecessarily.” At this point, with all the lies, death, and destruction — an American carnage if you will — he has many reasons to act that way. It’s necessary even.

In case anyone was wondering, my son and I ended up on a Blippi marathon. As horrifying as that sounds, I’d trade watching that little Blippi pervert debase himself on my TV 24/7 in exchange for never again witnessing that fat old pervert debase our country.

Also, comparing Biden to Mr. Rogers is the nicest thing anyone’s ever said about him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I watched both debates tonight. I've already voted for Biden and all the other Democrats on my ballot in Harris county. I know these debates won't change anyone's mind which is unfortunate because it is obvious that there's is one candidate that can show empathy, actually address and answer a question and can lead us back to where our country needs to be.

My wish/hope is that President Biden is a gateway to a future where the Mayor Pete's, Andrew Yang's, Kamala Harris' and there likes can take over the reigns of our country. It's time.

oh HELL yes! i appreciate this vision of the future. 

I think we should use Donald Trump as the litmus test for allowing people to vote in this country.  As future generations turn 18 we should make them watch video of this guy answering questions and then ask the new prospective voter if they would vote for this guy for president.  If they answer yes then they lose the right to vote for being too stupid and a danger to the greater good of this country.  
Now do biden who thinks he is running for senate.
  • Fuck You 11

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9304094

• Hook 'Em 2

At least you Trumpkins make me laugh, so thanks for that.

That a block of millions of people can’t grasp the difference in degree....goddamn, it’s amazing y’all don’t just piss on your own shoes. God bless y’all.
We are all dumb for sure. Any new promises for moving to Canada this time? Man the lines have been a historic lengthy wait like no other year for early voting. Probably biden voters.
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

negged per my earlier fatwa declaration*

(*think that was in the Joe Biden thread)

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
4 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

2020-07-08-11-42-56.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

I don’t know where else to post this, but Schwarzenegger just spent 20 minutes filibustering Don Lemon on CNN. I have no idea what he said because my son and I spent the whole interview reciting Predator lines in our best Arnold voices.

Brick, you son of a bitch

PointlessOddballKudu-small.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Biden killed it last night. He had detailed and responsive answers to everything and really drew contrasts with Trump, in style and substance. He also seemed much sharper and less old than in the debate. It was the first time for me I could really see a President Biden and look forward to it, versus just wanting to be done with Trump.

Trump seemed to hurt himself less but he didn't help himself either. That's not going to do it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

And yet CNN hasn't shut up about the dotard town hall this morning.

Like I said last night in another thread; Trump sucks all the oxygen out of the media room, no matter what Biden does.  He would pull his cock out on live television just to make sure he dominated the next 24 hours news cycle, if necessary.  

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

At least you Trumpkins make me laugh, so thanks for that.

That a block of millions of people can’t grasp the difference in degree....goddamn, it’s amazing y’all don’t just piss on your own shoes. God bless y’all.

We are all dumb for sure. Any new promises for moving to Canada this time? Man the lines have been a historic lengthy wait like no other year for early voting. Probably biden voters.

Thanks to your dear leader’s disastrous handling of the virus folks can’t get into Canada.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

'I know nothing about it.'

(one minute later) 

'I know they are very much against pedophilia.' 

America, take a minute and digest this.  There's three things happening here, none of 'em good.

1.  The obvious semantical syntax.  If you know nothing, that means you don't know anything...about a particular group.  And that's fair.  I don't know a single thing about 95% of the groups on the web.  But then he goes off and lists something he knows about the group he knows nothing about.  He's a lying moron with mental issues, so let's forgive this one. 

2.  You can see in his eyes, he searches up and to the right.  He's accessing the talking points he was given by his handlers.  For such a strong leader that tells it like it is, he looks like Data from Star Trek having a software reboot from far away.

3.  The serious issue.  He knows that Qannon is very much against pedophilia.  He says it like he's proud to be associated with such a staunchly anti-pedophilia group.  He knows that he is their standard bearer.  But what the fuck Trumpers?  Everybody is against Pedophilia except Subway restaurants and the Jackson Family.  This isn't some bold stance that makes your guy a bold leader.  There's no such thing as an online group of a 1mm followers that's against pedophilia because it's one of those tacit societal contracts.  We all assume, every day, that one another are against pedophilia, incest, murder, and genocide.  It's just this 10,000 year old 'agreement' we have with each other which has allowed society and civilization to move on to more important shit.  Sure we still bicker about religion, economics, philosophy, and sports teams.  But we kinda put the issue of being 'very much against pedophilia' to rest thousands of years ago.  But he thinks these fucking lunatics deserve a fucking merit badge or something.  

There are at least a half dozen Qannon followers on this website alone.  They won't reveal themselves.  I don't know who they are.  But statistically, given the idiocracy on full display on this website...they're here.  And they're spreading.  So congrats fellas, for having the President of the United States call out your most awesome asset, you're against Child Rape.  What a great motto for your sick little club.  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That's because CNN has truly become the anti-Trump network. The complete foil of Fox News. I long for the days when CNN wasn't commentary driven. 

It's frustrating. There isn't really a viable news channel I can go to when I want a news update at off hours, because evenings are dominated by our son. BBC is fine, but it's a worldwide focus. PBS is at the wrong time. There isn't a fucking news channel that cares about delivering the news, just like ESPN isn't a fucking sports news network it's sports entertainment. It pisses me off there isn't an alternative out there. Capitalism at work. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

3.  The serious issue.  He knows that Qannon is very much against pedophilia.  He says it like he's proud to be associated with such a staunchly anti-pedophilia group.  He knows that he is their standard bearer.  But what the fuck Trumpers?  Everybody is against Pedophilia except Subway restaurants and the Jackson Family.

Let's also not forget that the president himself is LIKELY into pedophilia.  Every.  Accusation.  Is.  A.  Confession.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's frustrating. There isn't really a viable news channel I can go to when I want a news update at off hours, because evenings are dominated by our son. BBC is fine, but it's a worldwide focus. PBS is at the wrong time. There isn't a fucking news channel that cares about delivering the news, just like ESPN isn't a fucking sports news network it's sports entertainment. It pisses me off there isn't an alternative out there. Capitalism at work. 

I hear you can get some good music videos on MTV at least...

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

'I know nothing about it.'

(one minute later) 

'I know they are very much against pedophilia.' 

It wasn't one minute.  It was literally the next sentence:

"I know nothing about it.  I do know they are very much against pedophilia. They fight it very hard.  But I know nothing about it."

And let's not overlook the fact that Trump was very close to Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell for decades.  So yeah, I'm just going to be a little skeptical that you're "very strongly against pedophilia", Donald.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

News doesn't hold enough of the eye balls the marketing people need. Entertainment sells. Conflict sells. Punditry sells. Whacked out shit that either reinforces the perspectives of the extremes, or is just grotesquely amusing enough to grab some eyes from the center, sells.  So that is what we get.  

I avoid it all. Both sports and news I get all my info online. I like reading better than being yelled at. Plus I get to quickly filter the stupid stuff out. I can't do cable news. Walking into the same room with it on instantly irritates me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Sometimes I put CNN on during the day while I'm working.  It is full on commentary, no doubt.  At least they're correctly aligned on most topics, and that's not a political viewpoint, that's an objective observation (coronavirus, Trump in general, etc.).  They do fail to dig in to the more complex stories like the Mueller investigation, and so those bits are useless.  Let's be honest, it's not hard to get the numbers for covid right, it's not hard to interview infectious disease experts and doctors who tell the truth.  This isn't a high bar they're clearing, but I appreciate some of the interviews.  I know of no legitimate alternative.  MSNBC seems to go even farther, and FOX News is batshit crazy (and I can't get it, anyway).

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

WGN has launched "News Nation" -- I've only tuned in briefly, but it SEEMS to be an actual news channel/programming, as opposed to wall to wall commentary.  I'll check it out again to see what's up.

But I agree.  I don't need hours of talking heads.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

It wasn't one minute.  It was literally the next sentence:

And let's not overlook the fact that Trump was very close to Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell for decades.  So yeah, I'm just going to be a little skeptical that you're "very strongly against pedophilia", Donald.

You're right.  I was kinda blending segments in my head.  He associated with known child molesters.  But there's no evidence he partook in any of that shit.  He's a smarmy fuck, but I don't think he was into that sick shit.  

All we know is that he, on numerous occasions on network television, expressed a serious interest in dating his eldest daughter if she weren't his daughter.  And there are numerous photos of holding her in wildly inappropriate manners after she was into adolescence/adulthood.  But nope, let's focus on Qannon and their anti-pedophilia platform.  Which again, begs the question, are organizations supposed to say that outright?  Like isn't that just assumed?  Can't we just write-up the bylaws with the shit we're currently concerned with and just assume everybody here is against pedophilia?  

11 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

I think we should also use Biden as a second litmus test for allowing people to vote in this country. As future generations turn 18 we should make them watch video of Biden answering questions and then ask the new prospective voter if they would vote for this guy for president. If they answer yes then they get the right to vote for realizing that even though they may disagree with his policies, they understand Biden can answer simple yes-no questions in complete sentences without lying.

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WGN has launched "News Nation" -- I've only tuned in briefly, but it SEEMS to be an actual news channel/programming, as opposed to wall to wall commentary.  I'll check it out again to see what's up.

But I agree.  I don't need hours of talking heads.

Uverse Channel 1180. That explains why I've never found it, it's below the Uverse "news" fold. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But there's no evidence he partook in any of that shit.  He's a smarmy fuck, but I don't think he was into that sick shit.  

All we know is that he, on numerous occasions on network television, expressed a serious interest in dating his eldest daughter if she weren't his daughter.  And there are numerous photos of holding her in wildly inappropriate manners after she was into adolescence/adulthood.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ha. Thinking Joe Biden is senile still after the clinic he put on last night. 

But Trump can identify a camel and remember five words! And brag about it!

It really is amazing how stupid people are, that they can perceive Trump as anything other than a consummate moron. How can any adult not have learned by now that, when you come across someone who shouts that he's smarter than everyone else, he's not. He's probably an idiot. When someone tells you they're a stable genius, they're not. A stable genius would never say that. People with big brains don't brag about their big brains. This undereducated imbecile, born rich and never worked for anyone other than the family real estate business, claims he knows more than the doctors and the generals and there are actually people stupid enough to believe him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It really is amazing how stupid people are, that they can perceive Trump as anything other than a consummate moron. How can any adult not have learned by now that, when you come across someone who shouts that he's smarter than everyone else, he's not. He's probably an idiot. When someone tells you they're a stable genius, they're not. A stable genius would never say that. People with big brains don't brag about their big brains. This undereducated imbecile, born rich and never worked for anyone other than the family real estate business, claims he knows more than the doctors and the generals and there are actually people stupid enough to believe him. 

This.  And add on top that after he claims all these things, he goes and proves that he is in fact none of those things.  He is an abject moron.  He is an idiot savant in the realm of showmanship and pulling a simple con.  That's it.  When it comes to everything else, he is functionally inept and it's a wonder he has made it as far as he has without grievously injuring himself.

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

This.  Literally everything Trump says and does screams "absolute fucking moron."  Take him out of this context, so he's not wearing the jersey of your favorite team....and if you came across a guy acting and speaking like that.....you wouldn't hire him as the night shift assistant manager at a low-volume Waffle House.  It's not just that you know he'd fuck everything up, you know he'd be a toxic presence that every other employee would quickly learn to hate.

Biden?  Every one of us has seen an exec like Biden.  At WORST, they're just competent and bland.  Maybe they implement some new policies you hate (cover sheets on the TPS reports), maybe they introduce some things that make you wonder why nobody did that before.  But they are solidly within the band of "competent and rational executive."

How you can look at these two executives and NOT see that distinction.....

ISSPIMmVtMc8CPXYSyDUpLHW2UC6iruICvJOjaAp

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm chuckling at the reactions I'm seeing on Facebook from my right leaning Trump "friends" about the two town halls. They think Trump's wasn't fair because Guthrie kept interrupting him and badgering Trump on his answers. No irony at all in that statement. They also think it's unfair that Biden got a former Clinton administration official as his moderator. Never mind that they would be fine if Trump got a Fox News town hall with Hannity or some other surrogate. Of course, no commentary on the content. 

• Hook 'Em 1