L$U per ESPNU radio sanctions

markstanco

Just announced they self sanctioned 8 scholarships. No link, and I don't see anything with a quick Google. Pat Forde reported it.

A booster gave a parent 180K in stolen money and ODB cant be around the field for a few years because of the "making it rain" incident in January.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/21/lsu-football-self-imposed-sanctions-ncaa

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LSU should do a self imposed playoff ban this year.  SEC is such a joke.  

Of course it means more, you’re paying the players.  Hillbilly dumbfucks.  

Coonass meth heads is the preferred nomenclature.

26 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I would love for UCLA to start paying attention as to what it takes to win at the highest level.  Rules?  We don't need no stinking rules.

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, there's almost no reason not to cheat at this point. 

100% agree.  NCAA is toothless.  Let's go big and start winning big, again.

Still don’t get it...   Cause the song is to the beat of I’ve been working on the railroad and it samples songs does not make it racist at all.  People sample and use beats from songs all the time but that does not make the meaning of that song the same as the old one.  Terrible, ruining one of the best fight songs in the country.

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

Still don’t get it...   Cause the song is to the beat of I’ve been working on the railroad and it samples songs does not make it racist at all.  People sample and use beats from songs all the time but that does not make the meaning of that song the same as the old one.  Terrible, ruining one of the best fight songs in the country.

Is this your way of pointing out that the NCAA is ridiculous?  By a total non sequitur?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Just announced they self sanctioned 8 scholarships. No link, and I don't see anything with a quick Google. Pat Forde reported it.

A booster gave a parent 180K in stolen money and ODB cant be around the field for a few years because of the "making it rain" incident in January.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/10/21/lsu-football-self-imposed-sanctions-ncaa

Sound like an OUsux stunt. 

Yeah, there's almost no reason not to cheat at this point. 
Great point made on the radio today about this.

If you were a football coach, and you could pay players to come to your school and win a MNC, who wouldn't give up 8 scholarships for that trophy if that was the penalty?

Need some SMU sanctions but we all know the money is too big now to do so.

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I wish Texas would pull its head out of its ass and do the same.  I guess we are content with 8-4 seasons moving forward though...

Based on the last two games, I'd take 8-4 in a heartbeat and be real content.  As for cheating to win a natty, let's face it, there are no virgins in the playoffs and haven't been since they began.

5 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I wish Texas would pull its head out of its ass and do the same.  I guess we are content with 8-4 seasons moving forward though...

Judging by the SUV’s our players drove in the early 2000’s we didn’t used to have a problem with cheating.

And to be clear, I’m 100% pro-cheating.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, Sbbruin said:

I would love for UCLA to start paying attention as to what it takes to win at the highest level.  Rules?  We don't need no stinking rules.

Does UCLA still have a football team? They shut down sports this year right?

Edited by redswingline

On 10/21/2020 at 1:41 PM, HonorableJudgeSmails said:

1.  Alabama wins 5 NC's after paying offensive lineman 200k 

2.  FL wins 2 NC's after fielding 2 murderers on the same team

3.  Awboin wins first NC since Rock n' Roll was invented after paying 200k to Cam Newton's dad

4.  LSU:  https://ibb.co/Cmk6G2X

It's SEC, so its cool