Horns @ Pokes | Herman’s Death March | 3p CT FOX [41-34 final]

Henry Hill

I expect us to follow our conference script.

Open with a decent scoring drive.

Suck dick for the next 50 minutes. Scoring but playing from behind the entire time.

Late 4th quarter, Sam balls out for a couple of minutes to take back the lead.

Defense finally holds getting us the ball back.

Mensa turtles, calling 3 straight dives up the middle and then a shanked punt gives the Pokes a short game winning drive.

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I have the weirdest feeling we're going to win today. Not because we're all the great but that this has all the hallmarks of a weird Gundy loss when he has the opportunity to do something great. 

Not a chance. Gundy has to believe he has a shot at the playoff this season, and if he is going to try to get that nod over ND, he needs style points. Beating the shit out of Texas would certainly help. Plus, he needs to continue to solidify his team after last summer. He gives the team an ass whipping over Texas. 

This isn’t going to be close. 

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Calling it now.. Overshown has a terrific game on defense and Bijan finally goes off.. where all longhorn great RBs had special days..in stillwater

I think this is spot on.  Overshown is Chubba’s shadow the entire game.  Gundy runs him 30+ times leaving Sanders to win it with his arm.  It’s fucking obvious what we should do.  Which means we will fuck this up.

This is going to be one of those rare times where a win vs. a top 10 ten isn’t really a win for us.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Like 1

Not a chance. Gundy has to believe he has a shot at the playoff this season, and if he is going to try to get that nod over ND, he needs style points. Beating the shit out of Texas would certainly help. Plus, he needs to continue to solidify his team after last summer. He gives the team an ass whipping over Texas. 
his team is liquid?

24 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Suck dick for the next 50 minutes. Scoring but playing from behind the entire time.

Mensa turtles, calling 3 straight dives up the middle and then a shanked punt gives the Pokes a short game winning drive.

marisa tomei fact GIF

We're gonna be in this game.  Our running game comes to life but Sam can't hit shit. Breakout game for Bijan just to have him pulled when it matters for keontay who doesn't fumble but can't get 3 yards to save his life. With 3 minutes left we get the ball back after holding osu to a fg but some idiot tries to run the ball out of endzone on the kickoff and is tackled at the 12. Delay of game penalty followed by a 2 yard run by Ingram and then a false start. Sam throws ball away in end zone for intentional grounding and safety. 

Final score 40 to 28.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Mensa turtles, calling 3 straight dives up the middle and then a blocked punt gives the Pokes a game winning touchdown.

fify

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't want to lose, but I won't be mad about it. It needs to happen.

Ya. This. I can’t root for UT to lose ever. Period. But it is hard at this point to have much more “mad” in me. If we get bested by the Mullet, so be it. Trick or treat y’all! 

2DB00A1D-BBB2-4B3A-A720-3859170F93EB.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how many of us in both fan bases feel this is one Tom pulls off to piss everyone off in some way.  Gundy will overrule the OC a few times and enforce dive/dive/deep-post enough possessions to let Texas pull away in the fourth after Sanders twos 2-3 picks.  Hope I’m wrong but fatalistic attitude is the life of a Poke fan.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Coastal Carolina would beat us wouldn’t they 

The Black Swarm appears to be legit. But the PTB will never allow an undefeated Sun Belt team in the Show. They’ve been fun to watch this year. Their QB’s play has been likened to Troy Aikman’s in college. For no apparent reason I’ve been following them this year. Been impressed. 

• Like 1

On paper there’s no way we win this game, but that’s why you have to play the game.
Many times during Herman’s realm the underdogs have won. This time we can be that underdog.

I just don’t want us down at the half! Doesn’t Tom’s teams only have like two wins when trailing at the half?

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

We don’t blow people out anymore. Gundy knows Sanders is an int liability and trusts our defense way too much. If we get any sort of a lead he’ll just call predictable runs up the middle then punt. I’m going to go ahead and call it that special teams blows it for us today. It’s been a while since it’s happened but our punter is inconsistent and I’m just expecting it eventually. If not that then it’ll be a defensive breakdown.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We don’t blow people out anymore. Gundy knows Sanders is an int liability and trusts our defense way too much. If we get any sort of a lead he’ll just call predictable runs up the middle then punt. I’m going to go ahead and call it that special teams blows it for us today. It’s been a while since it’s happened but our punter is inconsistent and I’m just expecting it eventually. If not that then it’ll be a defensive breakdown.

Gundy will be good for at least one trick play. Not saying it will work. But I’d count on at least one. Hubbard will definitely have a day. 

Looks like K State is going to lose. That guarantees we will too. Anytime outside circumstances align we’re guaranteed to blow our part. Clear shot to take an outright conference lead by playing one of the weaker Texas teams, at home? Nah, time to play like shit. That’s what we do.

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

😂 have you seen our special teams? 

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Looks like K State is going to lose. That guarantees we will too. Anytime outside circumstances align we’re guaranteed to blow our part. Clear shot to take an outright conference lead by playing one of the weaker Texas teams, at home? Nah, time to play like shit. That’s what we do.

I'm about to start negging you.