Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

It's the most tone deaf thing I've ever seen. Most of America definitely does not want to be turned into Florida.

I honestly thought it was a slogan someone on the left came up with to ridicule DeSantis and reveal the idiocy of his campaign. For like 60% of the country, the word "Florida" invokes images of bath salts, meth, and salt-life trailer trash. 

It would be like Newsome announcing his candidacy with "Make America San Francisco"

But, that's the problem when you live in an ideological bubble.

• Hook 'Em 1

Two abortion-rights activists derail a DeSantis campaign stop by calling him "Ron DeFascist" and "pudding fingers" over a megaphone. Not quite sure what "pudding fingers" means but I like it!

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/11/desantis-iowa-pudding-fingers-chant-00110860

MENLO, Iowa — It was an inauspicious start for Ron DeSantis in Iowa on Friday.

Chanting “Ron DeFascist” and “pudding fingers” on a megaphone while ringing cowbells, two protesters effectively cut short the Florida governor’s first campaign stop of the day at a large roadside rock painted for war veterans.

It was the second notable disruption of a Republican presidential candidate by the left in Iowa this week, after a Democrat on Thursday asked Mike Pence at the Iowa State Fair, “Why did you commit treason on Jan. 6?”

At the DeSantis event, Kara Ryan of Des Moines said she and her aunt, Heather Ryan, were there on behalf of a political action committee called “Bitches Get Stuff Done,” that supports abortion rights.

A man there to support DeSantis, wearing a hat given out by his aligned super PAC, Never Back Down, at one point tried to stop the noise by attempting unsuccessfully to knock the megaphone out of Heather Ryan’s hands.

DeSantis, joined by his wife Casey, still tried to give remarks.

“People like that,” he said, referring to the two protesters drowning him out, “are what’s holding this country back.”

The handful of veterans gathered erupted in applause. But the event was hurried, DeSantis’ meeting with the veterans brief.

DeSantis is set to appear at events in several other Iowa towns Friday as part of his 99-county tour, before attending the Iowa state fair on Saturday.

• Haha 4

On 8/8/2023 at 10:30 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I've raised 4 kids, all of whom are now out of high school.  If there's one thing I regret, it's that I never picked them up from school with an appropriate amount of humility.

What the hell?

Well, when we came back from overseas to the Bay Area ( San Ramon), my daughter was a to-be junior.  I had to pick her up a few times, me in my old Ford Contour and the kids rolling out of there with MBZ convertibles, etc.  Plenty of humility to be had.

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Two abortion-rights activists derail a DeSantis campaign stop by calling him "Ron DeFascist" and "pudding fingers" over a megaphone. Not quite sure what "pudding fingers" means but I like it!

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/11/desantis-iowa-pudding-fingers-chant-00110860

Sounds like the protestors were just exercising  their 1A freedoms. Why does Meatball hate the 1A?

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Isn’t he breaking FL anti drag show laws with those heels ?

IMG_6273.jpeg

Big Boy Sitting Next To Him Thinking: "If Lees aide hadn't wrapped those battle plans around cigars and then dropped them like a damn fool for the Yankees to find, we'd have been done with this Libtard shit once n fer all."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

If Christie starts picking up steam, even if he doesn't come close to Trump, but he moves into second place, all the idiots like Meatball that are trailing behind Chrstie and/or in the single digits are going to have to get out of the boat if they want to walk on water. 

Wait, that's a weird analogy. I mean, they can continue sucking up to Trump while Christie moves into second, or they can go on the attack, because obviously there's blood in the water and Christie seems to be the only shark right now.  Okay, mixing analogies.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

The only other candidate that's openly spoken out against Trump is Pence, and it hasn't had much of an impact. 

Ron and Vivek are too far down the road to simply flip the switch and go on the offensive at this point. I think Ron finishes a distant 3rd in Iowa and then drops out after the second round of primaries in March. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

holy god what is that

Russell Wilson's wife, in the moments before she devoured him and the dog

gf2_1_medium.jpg

wilsongf_medium.gif

Edit: ex-wife

Damn, it's been a while, didn't realize it was so long ago - they've already been divorced for almost a decade.

rs_634x1024-140424122605-634.russell-wil

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

The only other candidate that's openly spoken out against Trump is Pence, and it hasn't had much of an impact. 

Are you referring to DeSantis?  Because Will Hurd has been very vocally anti-Trump.  Of course, he's polling at approximately 0%, so that's a problem.

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

gf2_1_medium.jpg

wilsongf_medium.gif

Damn, it's been a while, didn't realize it was so long ago - they've already been divorced for almost a decade.

rs_634x1024-140424122605-634.russell-wil

Yeah, if I recall correctly, there were rumors that his ex might have fooled around with one of Russell's teammates. 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Christie starts picking up steam, even if he doesn't come close to Trump, but he moves into second place, all the idiots like Meatball that are trailing behind Chrstie and/or in the single digits are going to have to get out of the boat if they want to walk on water. 

Wait, that's a weird analogy. I mean, they can continue sucking up to Trump while Christie moves into second, or they can go on the attack, because obviously there's blood in the water and Christie seems to be the only shark right now.  Okay, mixing analogies.

You mean Christie is the only whale in the water.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Woulda been more than a decade but he was afraid o them chompers.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

what's incredible to me still is how disinterested desantis is in winning this election. it's texas democratic governor candidate bad.

On today's Pod Save America they were saying that the new Team Meatball strategy is to hope Trump goes to jail, and that there is some kind of brokered convention. That's their strategy, in August of 2023. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

what's incredible to me still is how disinterested desantis is in winning this election. it's texas democratic governor candidate bad.

he knows he's toast while dotard is still in the picture. Meatball's hoping to remain relevant to have a shot if suddenly he's not.

yeah, what @4th&Five said

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

On today's Pod Save America they were saying that the new Team Meatball strategy is to hope Trump goes to jail, and that there is some kind of brokered convention. That's their strategy, in August of 2023. 

It really feels like we are living out VEEP in real life.

Ramanwasawy is Jonah.

Nimarata is Montez

Pence is Doyle

Scott is Splett

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What Desantis doesn't get is that the MAGAts love Trump not so much for Trump is, but how he acts.  They love that he took down Jeb! and scoffed at Little Marco.  They love that he's the only one to articulate what they want--to "lock her up."

The only way Desantis would take over that enthusiasm is to take down Trump.  Christie gets that.  He sees that if he can go out there and make fun of Trump and turn him into a figure of derision even in the GQP, he wins.  Nobody else gets benefit from that.

And if you don't go out and take down Trump, then Trump doesn't get taken down.  He will win the nomination from prison.  Nobody's going to just lay the nomination at your feet.  But that's exactly what Desantis is expecting.

• Hook 'Em 1