We are famous!

immamac

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

Why don't you write that and publish it here? I have actually started building out the news and article sections this week. I was going to commission some articles from posters who like the long format. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/2020coaching.html/

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/home-page

Be careful what you ask for.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

We can buy up to 10 if you all really want. The rules are pretty simple, but we can't use copyritten images and they have to be of you or posters on the site that agree to it. Can't just put random people per terms. Deadline is 5pm tonight. 

Damn, I guess my idea is out. Perhaps some @THUJONEoriginals?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m ashamed to be lumped in with dipshits like txags and tigerdroppings. 

This. I question the validity of a ranking with those two shitholes in the top 5 and Surly not in first place. Hell,  even the scat site should be ranked higher.

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Why don't you write that and publish it here? I have actually started building out the news and article sections this week. I was going to commission some articles from posters who like the long format. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/2020coaching.html/

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/home-page

Your mom likes the long format 

Edited by Buzzrock
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

All of you cloak room fuck faces would do well to remember this when you’re jerking Hugo off.

You talk about Hugo's dick a lot.  ;)

I've been all over the political spectrum on this site and TOS.  But I ain't never seen no shit like what goes on in some of those links from Texags and Tigerdroppings.  It's like the people that were too stupid or too crazy to be on the regular Qanon sites were relegated over there.  You don't shoot the Q messenger, but apparently you can give it a degree from LSU.  Then again hornfans isn't exactly the brain trust it used to be either.  

I think that's a strength of this site.  Texags seems to attract the most typical "aggie" type fan.  And a lot of Aggie fans, despite the shit I give them, aren't all really like that.  Same for LSU/tigerdroppings.  But those sites seem to be a magnet for their dumbest demographic.  But Surly, and we're biased (but also, now award-winningly biased), seems to actually cut a pretty wide cross-section of Texans.  There's folks across all spectrums here from politics, to age, to demographics, to industry, to diversity, rural to urban.  But most people here seem to be pretty smart, or at least they write that way (who the fuck knows in real life) and have a good sense of humor which is usually indicative of least a modicum of intelligence.  I don't have near the bias against LSU folks like I do A&M or OU, but even a cursory look into that TD---most of that site is fucking idiotic.  

Whether you fought for the Confederacy like armybrat, voted for Gary Johnson, once loved Herman, are pre-op or post-op, actually from Oklahoma, gay or straight-we only bang 10's, are black, white, think Latinx is a ridiculous term, or mixed-race like me...this is Surly and All Assholes are Welcome!  Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol?  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

You talk about Hugo's dick a lot.  ;)

I've been all over the political spectrum on this site and TOS.  But I ain't never seen no shit like what goes on in some of those links from Texags and Tigerdroppings.  It's like the people that were too stupid or too crazy to be on the regular Qanon sites were relegated over there.  You don't shoot the Q messenger, but apparently you can give it a degree from LSU.  Then again hornfans isn't exactly the brain trust it used to be either.  

I think that's a strength of this site.  Texags seems to attract the most typical "aggie" type fan.  And a lot of Aggie fans, despite the shit I give them, aren't all really like that.  Same for LSU/tigerdroppings.  But those sites seem to be a magnet for their dumbest demographic.  But Surly, and we're biased (but also, now award-winningly biased), seems to actually cut a pretty wide cross-section of Texans.  There's folks across all spectrums here from politics, to age, to demographics, to industry, to diversity, rural to urban.  But most people here seem to be pretty smart, or at least they write that way (who the fuck knows in real life) and have a good sense of humor which is usually indicative of least a modicum of intelligence.  I don't have near the bias against LSU folks like I do A&M or OU, but even a cursory look into that TD---most of that site is fucking idiotic.  

Whether you fought for the Confederacy like armybrat, voted for Gary Johnson, once loved Herman, are pre-op or post-op, actually from Oklahoma, gay or straight-we only bang 10's, are black, white, think Latinx is a ridiculous term, or mixed-race like me...this is Surly and All Assholes are Welcome!  Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol?  

Don't forget "pipe laying motherfuckers".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

We can buy up to 10 if you all really want. The rules are pretty simple, but we can't use copyritten images and they have to be of you or posters on the site that agree to it. Can't just put random people per terms. Deadline is 5pm tonight. 

Bump

7 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Tigerdroppings is a shit site full of shit people. LSUFreek gifs were the only good thing to ever come out of that shithole.

Too be fair, that’s a Cam Newton (for the SEC flavor) level talent there that makes even mediocre surrounding talent and leadership look great.

5 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Damn, I guess my idea is out. Perhaps some @THUJONEoriginals?

I don’t think we can afford him anymore ever since he started trying to break into the presidential portrait game (no CR). He’s big time now. 

For all of the weaknesses of Texags, they did produce Akita, who tore down his own fence in solidarity against the BOMC. Their own real life Chad Briscoe.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Mole said:

For all of the weaknesses of Texags, they did produce Akita, who tore down his own fence in solidarity against the BOMC. Their own real life Chad Briscoe.

And don't forget this guy that signed up to defend his honor:

RazorPod--the ORIGINAL Razorback Sports Podcast: Hogs Come Back to Beat  Aggies - Fans Displeased

• Haha 1

To be fair to the “lack of variety” comment, this incarnation of the site is pretty young. I wouldn’t expect an outsider to wade through the last version in its current state to pick up most of the history. I don’t even know if there’s a way to work through the old old board or the old old old board to get the origin stories to that history.

There’s a lot of subtext that wouldn’t be apparent on a simple skim through this place. The full richness of a culture is really, really hard to pick up for an outsider. This culture, as misguided as it might be, is particularly cloaked in shadows scat and blinking envelopes.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Mole said:

To be fair to the “lack of variety” comment, this incarnation of the site is pretty young. I wouldn’t expect an outsider to wade through the last version in its current state to pick up most of the history. I don’t even know if there’s a way to work through the old old board or the old old old board to get the origin stories to that history.

There’s a lot of subtext that wouldn’t be apparent on a simple skim through this place. The full richness of a culture is really, really hard to pick up for an outsider. This culture, as misguided as it might be, is particularly cloaked in shadows scat and blinking envelopes.

Yeah, the Star Trek/Star Wars fan fiction, the dancer Kenny V hit in the head with a Basketball, the drunken mid life crises and picks of stripper girlfriends and boats, the blues and greens thread, seastrunk momma, reverse Oreo, the ‘not our standard’ banner, stories of Vegas wife, Roman and both tacos... shit I could keep going

5 hours ago, Mole said:

Too be fair, that’s a Cam Newton (for the SEC flavor) level talent there that makes even mediocre surrounding talent and leadership look great.

I don’t think we can afford him anymore ever since he started trying to break into the presidential portrait game (no CR). He’s big time now. 

The Akita thread: https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1891767/1#discussion

To find anything on the old site, try one of these captures: https://web.archive.org/web/*/Shaggytexas.com

Edited by Randolph Duke