A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah I don’t think this is true. That was a plot device in some Tom Clancy movie

as much as i enjoyed the 2nd clancy reference in 7 posts, i definitely remember reading something about these pardons.  i do not know whether they exist or have any teeth, or what limitations they have if they ever have to be produced.  i would assume they were intended to make some of trump's people feel safe and even emboldened to continue doing, well, whatever they were doing.  it seems on-brand for trump (or his surrounding idiots) to issue pardons to ensure continued conspiratorial cooperation.

some light googling found this:

i haven't read the replies or the conversations, but this type of stuff was out there plenty when he was on his way out.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

as much as i enjoyed the 2nd clancy reference in 7 posts, i definitely remember reading something about these pardons.  i do not know whether they exist or have any teeth, or what limitations they have if they ever have to be produced.  i would assume they were intended to make some of trump's people feel safe and even emboldened to continue doing, well, whatever they were doing.  it seems on-brand for trump (or his surrounding idiots) to issue pardons to ensure continued conspiratorial cooperation.

some light googling found this:

i haven't read the replies or the conversations, but this type of stuff was out there plenty when he was on his way out.

Don’t believe crazy bullshit just because it fits your narrative. That’s the definition of a conspiracy theory

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Don’t believe crazy bullshit just because it fits your narrative. That’s the definition of a conspiracy theory

my narrative?  my narrative is based on reading articles and hearing news stories at the time.  and my current comments are based on my memory of it.  that's also not the definition of a conspiracy theory.

the tweet was featured in a newsweek article https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-can-president-trump-issue-secret-pardons-1562790 which reminds me that i get all my crazy bullshit information from newsweek articles and msnbc hosts.

the article, like i said, questions the possible validity of the "secret" pardons, but doesn't say they didn't happen. 

Edited by henrygandorf

Why declare you are guilty of something  in order to be pardoned for it, until you are accused or charged with it?

the legitimacy of parsons supposedly issued while he was in office but not executed until after he was out of office would probably have to be litigated, and we know where that road ends. 

the legitimacy of a blanket pardon, should trump have decided those were a good idea, would have to be litigated, and we all know where that road ends. 

I would add something here about how it’s too bad these things hadn’t been previously litigated, but previous litigation no longer seems relevant at the end of the road. 

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my narrative?  my narrative is based on reading articles and hearing news stories at the time.  and my current comments are based on my memory of it.  that's also not the definition of a conspiracy theory.

the tweet was featured in a newsweek article https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-can-president-trump-issue-secret-pardons-1562790 which reminds me that i get all my crazy bullshit information from newsweek articles and msnbc hosts.

the article, like i said, questions the possible validity of the "secret" pardons, but doesn't say they didn't happen. 

I’m not going to waste any more time thinking about or discussing this. The idea that any valid secret pardons were given out by trump is ludicrous. If you think it’s worth worrying about or discussing I’ll just scroll on past.

23 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m not going to waste any more time thinking about or discussing this. The idea that any valid secret pardons were given out by trump is ludicrous. If you think it’s worth worrying about or discussing I’ll just scroll on past.

i never said they were valid.  in fact i've spent the past two posts pointing out that they may not be because nobody knows for sure what these crazy fucks were up to and if anyone ever will get in trouble for any of it.  i mentioned hearing about it, and i pointed out some receipts.  i'm sure there's more digging to do if somebody gave a shit.  i know i don't, and i'm pretty sure you don't either.

you felt the need to talk out of your ass and call me out for reasons i am not aware of.  spend your energy elsewhere, doc.

• Like 1

It's kind of amusing to see Trump's "transactional" handling of people sort of backfiring on him in a more public and meaningful way.

You'd think the fact that almost every one of his political appointments, and other associates, and now his own daughter have eventually become PNG that call him some form of deranged or some form of moron might at some point raise some eyebrows among his supporters.

Maybe, folks, everything's not a "witch hunt,"  but a little more like this:

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I doubt he'll suffer any legal consequences but I hope these hearings are driving his rancid, fat ass insane. 

I’ve heard speculation that July 4th is the day he would announce his campaign but that this Jan. 6 Committee business might accelerate that timeline. No one who still supports him gives a single fuck about his corruption or criminality. 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's kind of amusing to see Trump's "transactional" handling of people sort of backfiring on him in a more public and meaningful way.

You'd think the fact that almost every one of his political appointments, and other associates, and now his own daughter have eventually become PNG that call him some form of deranged or some form of moron might at some point raise some eyebrows among his supporters.

Imagine the caliber of people who would make up his cabinet and staff if he were to get elected in 2024. Don Jr. and Eric would hold positions in the White House. Sidney Powell could be acting AG. He might not bother with the confirmation process for anyone. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Imagine the caliber of people who would make up his cabinet and staff if he were to get elected in 2024. Don Jr. and Eric would hold positions in the White House. Sidney Powell could be acting AG. He might not bother with the confirmation process for anyone. 

A frightening thought.

However, it presupposes that Trump, as a second termer, would face no electoral penalty for appointing even more blatant assclowns.

But I wouldn't think Trump would believe himself constrained by the 22nd Amendment, because he loves the Constitution so much.

But the key phrase above may be "electoral penalty."  There seems to be a decent chance that a second-term Trump means the end of elections as we know them.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:17 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Can disbarred lawyers serve as US Attorney General? She apparently got served her potential disbarment papers from Texas this week. So the Lone Star State did something right.

I see this picture and it makes me remember that, regardless of what awaits us after we die, be it Heaven, or Hell, or a vast nothingness, I know that he won't be in Heaven. He'll either be in Hell, or he'll no longer exist. From that moment on,my worst day on earth will still be better than his eternity.

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

What the fuck is he babbling about

Part of the stupid shit behind all the "Pence can reject electoral votes" is the notion that Jefferson, as VP in 1800, counted fishy electoral votes in his favor for that year's Presidential election.  

It's a ludicrous argument, because the whole scenario was superseded by the 12th Amendment, and the "fishiness' of the electoral votes was nothing more than a formatting "error" and there was no question who won Georgial's electoral votes in 1800. https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021/01/05/no-thomas-jefferson-didnt-rig-the-1800-vote-count/

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Part of the stupid shit behind all the "Pence can reject electoral votes" is the notion that Jefferson, as VP in 1800, counted fishy electoral votes in his favor for that year's Presidential election.  

It's a ludicrous argument, because the whole scenario was superseded by the 12th Amendment, and the "fishiness' of the electoral votes was nothing more than a formatting "error" and there was no question who won Georgial's electoral votes in 1800. https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021/01/05/no-thomas-jefferson-didnt-rig-the-1800-vote-count/

Think Daveed Diggs GIF by Disney+

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

to think mike pence was that close to being thomas jefferson. also i don’t know if they’ve even seen each other or spoken since jan 6th. 

2024 gop debates will be interesting, assuming of course he decides to participate. no reason for him to. 

i want to see pence in the chair on cross by dotard's lawyer with dotard in a sound-proof glass booth so he can only hear but can't be heard

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is no way Trump knew that. He was trying to think of a famous American and just happened to land on someone who was a vice president. He just have easily could have said, "If you do this, you can be Clint Eastwood" or "If you do this, you can be Sandy Koufax."

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

There is no way Trump knew that. He was trying to think of a famous American and just happened to land on someone who was a vice president. He just have easily could have said, "If you do this, you can be Clint Eastwood" or "If you do this, you can be Sandy Koufax."

He was told it by Eastman & Co.  It's the only thing he remembers about it.  Kind of like he's done more for black people than Abraham Lincoln.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement