Organizing against Ted Cruz

StassneyHorn

I know it’s still early and the state capitol is closed tonight, but has anyone seen anything organized about calling for Cruz to resign? Is it even effective being in Texas and him in DC? 

I guess the better question is does anyone know any groups like Texas Democrats or if Powered by People or any well known individuals trying to get something off the ground?

Edited by StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, thepop said:

We keep working. Stacy Abrams worked for like 10 years for this. We really just started with Beto 2 years ago.

yeah, but I don't fucking want to.  I want to go back to giving a shit about my own life.  We aren't supposed to have to deal with this shit god dammit.  Responsible humans are supposed to fucking do this shit.  FUCK.  

Alright fuckers.  I'm going to the woods for a few months in 2023 and you all take care of the fort.  I'll be back in 2024 to chastise you after you fucked it up.  But I'll at least have made my peace with god.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

If he runs for President in 24, can he simultaneously run for senate reelection?

Because of LBJ's run for President in 1959 and him also being up for re-election in 1960, Texas changed the law on that and exempts a candidate who has been duly nominated for POTUS or VPOTUS and is also a candidate for statewide office. 

So, yes.  He can legally be on both ballots at the same time.  JFK/LBJ won Texas and LBJ won the Texas Senate race, which he then resigned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Ha. They need to nominate a sane person that has a measure of austerity and a notion of small government. 

Such a person does not exist in either party.  There's no constituency for it I guess.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

At this point I’d settle for a non-austere person. Give me a younger W who actually reaches across the aisle instead of playing these petty horseshit political games. Is that too much to ask?

You might as well ask for a unicorn and a blowjob from (insert your favorite celebrity).  That Republican exists, but only represents a tiny fraction of the Republican Party.

You want Mitt Romney; you will get Josh Hawley. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Mitt Romney was the POTUS candidate I voted for. The current crop of GOP Congressmen need to be cunt punted back to their home states and be replaced with non-Mormon versions of Romney.  

I feel like you were always posting "no way McKenzie Kelly gets elected" and if she was, she has no room to grow beyond the Austin City Council. 

I don't think you have a really good handle on the GOP electorate right now. 

• In the United States Senate,
    • 15 Senators have been expelled
      • 14 during the Civil War period for disloyalty to the Union (one expulsion was later revoked by the Senate), and
      • one Senator was expelled in 1797 for other disloyal conduct.
  • In the House of Representatives,
    • five Members have been expelled, including
      • three during the Civil War period for disloyalty to the Union.
      • Two other House Members have been expelled, one in 1980 after conviction of conspiracy and bribery in office, and the other Member in 2002 after conviction for conspiracy to commit bribery, receiving illegal gratuities, fraud against the Government in receiving "kickbacks" from staff, and obstruction of justice.
  • Although actual expulsions from Congress are fairly rare, it should be noted that several Members of Congress have chosen to resign from office rather than face what was apparently perceived as an inevitable congressional expulsion.

Fundraising while an angry "mob" he encouraged storms the Capitol is worthy of expulsion, in my humble opinion. The rabble he roused had bad intentions. He was derelict in his duty to the Constitution. 

Expel him from the Senate. 

Edited by washparkhorn
from tantric's link above
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

He is a disgrace and traitor (and a cuck). He does not deserve to be associated with the great state of Texas.

This is kind of a cheap shot, but the great state of Texas elected him twice. And elected trump twice.  You definitely deserve him until you can vote him out.

• Rage+1 1