Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yep, hit me about 6 hours after the first P vaccine. Last through the weekend. 

That's why I scheduled my vaccine shots on Mondays.  I'd much rather have issues during the week while "working from home" than mess with my precious weekend time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Got the 2nd Pfizer last Wednesday and kinda felt tired the next day. I know they say to wait two weeks, but I gotta say, I’m feeling pretty cocky over here fellas. I forgot to take my mask to the restroom at a restaurant last weekend, so yeah I’m a badass now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, Both Tacos said:

Does it not concern those who got the second shot and felt sick afterward? I just don't know of any other vaccine that makes someone feel sick after getting it.

i got a bunch of vax before going on vacation a few years back, and had flu-like symptoms the next day. 

On 4/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, Both Tacos said:

Does it not concern those who got the second shot and felt sick afterward? I just don't know of any other vaccine that makes someone feel sick after getting it.

In WW2 my dad’s regiment got vaxed for Malaria before they were shipped overseas. Several troops died from it, and my dad suffered from reoccurring bouts of malaria for several years afterwards.

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

In WW2 my dad’s regiment got vaxed for Malaria before they were shipped overseas. Several troops died from it, and my dad suffered from reoccurring bouts of malaria for several years afterwards.

That's just what they told him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got Pfizer #2 back on the 14th. By the next day my brain was scrambled eggs, took all day to complete about an hour of work, couldn't spell words with two or more letters. Then fever, then diarrhea.

Now I am a couple days from being immortal and feel pretty good. Gonna make a list of everybody I saw running around maskless in public during the height of the pandemic, then I'l track em all down, and piss on their legs.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

In my early 20s, sometimes people said I looked like the (at that time) young Dennis Quaid.

Then sometime later, I looked in the mirror, and Randy Quaid was staring back at me.

Life comes at you fast, kids.

We all know you're talking about the "bizarre videos about Starfuckers" version of Randy Quaid, too.

randyquaid.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Just got my 2nd Moderna at maybe 5 pm. It's already fucking me up. I'm 25 and there's a good chance I had covid to some degree a couple times even though I never tested positive. 

But, you know, for the good of society and what not.

Stop being such a pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Stop being such a pussy. 

It's actually weird. It hit me hard with fever and chills and aches for a few hours really quickly and now I feel mostly fine. So I was worried that it would get progressively worse 

But I thought I'd report that holy FUCK I am having some insanely vivid dreams. Like altered-reality psychedelic type stuff - almost like I'm slipping between dimensions between being asleep and waking up.

And I've been on beta blockers before which can give vivid dreams and I have some history of hallucinating for a bit immediately after waking but I've never experiences anything like this. 

Anyway - back to bed. If I don't report back maybe it's because I've ascended to a higher plane of existence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's actually weird. It hit me hard with fever and chills and aches for a few hours really quickly and now I feel mostly fine. So I was worried that it would get progressively worse 

But I thought I'd report that holy FUCK I am having some insanely vivid dreams. Like altered-reality psychedelic type stuff - almost like I'm slipping between dimensions between being asleep and waking up.

And I've been on beta blockers before which can give vivid dreams and I have some history of hallucinating for a bit immediately after waking but I've never experiences anything like this. 

Anyway - back to bed. If I don't report back maybe it's because I've ascended to a higher plane of existence. 

If you lower the LSD dose, that might help.

• Haha 1

second moderna on Tuesday.  Sore arm, but not as bad as shot #1.  Felt a little mixed up yesterday afternoon (24 hours after).  Then the wife had me hanging drapes in our garage apartment which was about 80 degrees.  Got a good sweat going, then a shower, two Tylenol, and good nights sleep.  Woke this morning feeling like a champ.  Scotch-Irish genes FTMFW

Edited by MAROON

29 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Got my second shot of Moderna around lunch time. Slight headache that chalk up to dehydration. But my mid- to lower back is aching. Am I allowed to take some ibuprofin, or should I tough it out?

You should probably go to the emergency room. Or sleep it off.

somebody said it on this thread awhile back - this shot seems to have the biggest side effect of making everyone want to talk about how they feel post vaccine. I got a little fever and chills for about 12 hours. It was almost as bad as actually, you know, being sick. We’ve turned into a website of a bunch of old wimps, basically. So it’s who we are. @closetojumpingand @SydneyCartonhavent given their input yet though as far as I can recall. So when you see a flat 6.0 forty while Sydney shotguns his beer and nods, it’s the vax, man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, justhookit said:

You should probably go to the emergency room. Or sleep it off.

somebody said it on this thread awhile back - this shot seems to have the biggest side effect of making everyone want to talk about how they feel post vaccine. I got a little fever and chills for about 12 hours. It was almost as bad as actually, you know, being sick. We’ve turned into a website of a bunch of old wimps, basically. So it’s who we are. @closetojumpingand @SydneyCartonhavent given their input yet though as far as I can recall. So when you see a flat 6.0 forty while Sydney shotguns his beer and nods, it’s the vax, man.

Well, I have new aches & pains every day plus tiredness anyway, not to mention a headache going on for 3 years. So how could I tell?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just got my first shot of Pfizer. Sitting here at the Giant Eagle Market District store at Grandview Yard (which I didn’t even know existed until today). Walk-ins welcome. No line. No wait. Just hanging out for 15 minutes then I’ll be on my way. I’ll be back in three weeks for my second shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:40 AM, ztejas said:

When I started feeling something about three hours after getting jabbed, I remarked that it crept up on you like 'shrooms, and then it all of a sudden hit hard.

Worst trip of my life; 2/10, would not recommend.