Kim Mulkey to LSU

BurntOrange&White

50 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I don’t think a newspaper who went head to head with the Catholic Church over child abuse and is funded by Jeff Bezos is scared of some swamp trash, basketball corch. She’s just incredibly insecure. 

Times have changed. The paper that took on the Catholic Church and exposed Watergate wouldn’t be wasting its time writing a 7500 word mildly critical profile of a swamp trash women’s basketball coach. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I don’t think a newspaper who went head to head with the Catholic Church over child abuse and is funded by Jeff Bezos is scared of some swamp trash, basketball corch. She’s just incredibly insecure. 

The Boston Globe is considered the paper that first spotlighted the child abuse problem in the Church. But the Post did take down a President. So they have that going for them. But I agree with your point that they certainly have a lot of credibility. 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Times have changed. The paper that took on the Catholic Church and exposed Watergate wouldn’t be wasting its time writing a 7500 word mildly critical profile of a swamp trash women’s basketball coach. 

You are aware that the Washington Post prints new articles every day? That's a lot of content to fill. They can't all change the world. You've got to be shitting me that you think they backed down because they feared litigation from swamp trash lawyers.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You are aware that the Washington Post prints new articles every day? That's a lot of content to fill. They can't all change the world. You've got to be shitting me that you think they backed down because they feared litigation from swamp trash lawyers.

I don’t know what was supposed to be in the article. Pat Forde made it sound like it would threaten Mulkey’s job and everyone on this thread was speculating like she was one of the Tuttle family from True Detective. Then we get a big long nothingburger. 

I wouldn’t have posted the tweet from Torres if I thought he was a right wing hack. He doesn’t work for Outkick, he isn’t an LSU beat writer, he’s a UCONN journalism grad who writes for the Athletic. As far as I know, Fox Sports doesn’t have a political slant anymore than shows that appear on the Fox Network do.  I’m sure if something was cut from the story it will leak out later.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I don’t know what was supposed to be in the article. Pat Forde made it sound like it would threaten Mulkey’s job and everyone on this thread was speculating like she was one of the Tuttle family from True Detective. Then we get a big long nothingburger. 

I wouldn’t have posted the tweet from Torres if I thought he was a right wing hack. He doesn’t work for Outkick, he isn’t an LSU beat writer, he’s a UCONN journalism grad who writes for the Athletic. As far as I know, Fox Sports doesn’t have a political slant anymore than shows that appear on the Fox Network do.  I’m sure if something was cut from the story it will leak out later.

These guys are talkfesting this thing to death.  This angle is being discussed all over talk sports radio - conspiracy theories earn all the clicks.  That's really all this is.

What he should have promised is that WaPo had this exact article in the can for weeks and all Mulkey did was drive more attention to it

This was his followup tweet.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 1

One thing I took away from the article is that Mulkey is anti-LGBT which is odd considering her sport. It’s most likely tied to her background and beliefs and potentially even politics.

She has gay players on her teams so she’s not anti in the sense that she wants a gay person shunned from society. However her don’t ask-don’t tell attitude is anti LGBT. Ex-players spoke up that they were told to be discrete and that Mulkey didn’t want to know their personal life. I have to wonder that she would have said the same if a straight player mentioned a boyfriend.

as for the Post pulling punches, they may have given the article more scrutiny given Mulkeys threats. Perhaps downplay a single sourced anonymous story or quote. Flip that into implications or let the reader read between the lines. But to think that the Post was afraid of Mulkey is laughable.

finally perhaps outside of her relationship with her children I’m unsure if anyone likes her, or is she has ever been nice to anyone.

20 hours ago, Mittens said:

She needs to be a bit more specific in her rantings. On one hand she took offense to UCLA's players being called "milk & cookies" by a Los Angeles Times writer. So it was a home-team type commentary/preview that seemed to play up the "good vs evil" in sports. An angle that has been used for every male sport. Then, she says she doesn't care if people don't like that her team trash talks, which I guess is part of the "good vs evil aspect of the story.

Geno at UCONN also got trashed by the media when his teams took over from Tennessee and the lovable Pat Summit. There were plenty of people who hated on UCONN.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough I would find some things about other coaches that I don't like. I don't have any problems with the Staley gal at USCe. I didn't like the old Notre Dame coach, Muffy or Muffet, or whatever her name was. She was a whiner extraordinaire. At Pitt we've had some interesting gal's coaches, some I liked and some I did not.

I'm just not sure who Mulkey is mad at all the time.

She's so unlikable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 2:34 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

She needs to be a bit more specific in her rantings. On one hand she took offense to UCLA's players being called "milk & cookies" by a Los Angeles Times writer. So it was a home-team type commentary/preview that seemed to play up the "good vs evil" in sports. An angle that has been used for every male sport. Then, she says she doesn't care if people don't like that her team trash talks, which I guess is part of the "good vs evil aspect of the story.

Geno at UCONN also got trashed by the media when his teams took over from Tennessee and the lovable Pat Summit. There were plenty of people who hated on UCONN.

I'm sure if I looked hard enough I would find some things about other coaches that I don't like. I don't have any problems with the Staley gal at USCe. I didn't like the old Notre Dame coach, Muffy or Muffet, or whatever her name was. She was a whiner extraordinaire. At Pitt we've had some interesting gal's coaches, some I liked and some I did not.

I'm just not sure who Mulkey is mad at all the time.

She's so unlikable.

I think in some ways Mulkey is a lot like Saban, though Saban more effectively throttled his worse public impulses. 

Both of them are hyper-intelligent and driven and they are eating themselves alive over a game. Even when you win and get to the peak, it’s just a game that you won. The world doesn’t change, life doesn’t really change because you hoist a trophy. 

You need to invent fictional adversity and overcome fictional enemies to justify your intensity and why you are killing yourself and why it matters.

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

As I posted on the women’s thread, there was an NCAA change a few years ago where teams go back into the locker room at 15:00 on the pregam clock. This is what nearly all teams do and then they come back out with around 3 minutes left in pregame. For Iowa to still be out there is actually out of the ordinary. Unless they’ve done that all year (which it’s possible technically) being out there now for the anthem is unusual since all teams go back to the locker room. 

They would have had to pre-plan this. 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I would guess it has to be Reese Witherspoon who would play her in the Hallmark movie

If this is going to be filmed within the next two years, the actress needs to start hitting meth asap. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I would guess it has to be Reese Witherspoon who would play her in the Hallmark movie

What about Kim screams Hallmark? The homophobia? Too many black people to be on Hallmark unless they recast the LSU team as 13 Hailey Van Liths 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Thanks for letting everyone know that you barely started paying attention.

Sorry was this discussed on this thread before I posted this? I don’t see it if it was.

Edited by Macklemore