Political Discussion in Daily Texan

immamac

40 minutes ago, immamac said:

oh, sorry TJ was self-immolated and by request had me delete all his content. TTom was who I was talking about, got my crazies mixed up. 

yeah, tj was the dude who went fucking bonkers calling people "soy boy" over and over again in the cloak room and wondered why he was getting negged.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

TJ Hooker went batshit and started posting literal Q Anon shit in all caps and ranting at people like a lunatic.

Kyle went on full moderator approved posting to try to save himself for 3 full months, did great for 1 month and then relapsed fantastically enough to get negged off the board. 

2 hours ago, immamac said:

oh, sorry TJ was self-immolated and by request had me delete all his content. TTom was who I was talking about, got my crazies mixed up. 

That's fantastic!!

Ah come on. There's plenty of whining about one person repbombing someone from the other side. Or following someone outside of CR to neg their posts. On the now moved DT Covid thread, people are whining the Cheeseweasel is neg repping them and not backing up his arguments. Just remove rep from the political board and you might be shocked that actual discussion might take place because you can't puss out and leave an emoj instead of an argument. Or you get less "negged" responses to something people don't like. 

Message board rep is serious business.
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mole said:

Also, it’s funny that the FitLump thread, which is a plainly political topic, manages to stay free of politics. Somehow everyone can play nice there, but a worldwide disease is just too much to discuss without losing our minds.

5 hours ago, F250 said:

Fitlump is that awful.

She’s a product of Shaggy/Surly.  Ironically, the threads that gave birth to her were all in non-CR forums.  

Plus, hatred/laughter directed her way is not relegated to any political party.  It’s because she’s fucking fitlump.

Eventually she will aim for a high enough office that somebody will find her DT thread on Surly (threads on Shaggy are probably marked spam in Google these days) and find her nudes and life choices.   Reddit did find the Dt thread but it was too late.   

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Was TJ the one fucking 14 year olds in the Philippines? 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That was RayDog. 

No, no, no. He claimed they were 18 while looking like 12 year olds (completely coincidentally: the age of consent in the Philippines at the time was 12) while simultaneously lamenting the archaic and prudish age of consent laws in America. In other words, everything was very clearly on the up and up!

Seriously the only time I've ever wished for more moderation on this website.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No, no, no. He claimed they were 18 while looking like 12 year olds (completely coincidentally: the age of consent in the Philippines at the time was 12) while simultaneously lamenting the archaic and prudish age of consent laws in America. In other words, everything was very clearly on the up and up

And yet, in hindsight, the txtow threads were far more sinister.   He will probably die in prison.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

And as I've said multiple times, remove rep from the CR and ban anyone who goes on neg sprees outside of CR. You want people to talk politics only in CR, make rep bombing impossible.

I don't know if this is the solution, but I don't see anything working out until CR is cleaned up a bit.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

And yet, in hindsight, the txtow threads were far more sinister.   He will probably die in prison.

It was ridiculous that Txtow was allowed to post for as long as he was after it came out he was a sexual predator.

Guest Lobo
1 minute ago, Hate said:

It was ridiculous that Txtow was allowed to post for as long as he was after it came out he was a sexual predator.

And he was the rock thrower guy, too---right?  We have had our fair share of fucking lunatics on here.  I'm sure one day we'll figure out the 2018 bomber guy was on here too 

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yes.  And the Silk Road guy posted here I believe.   

quit donald trump GIF

Yeah, but I kinda admire that kid.  He was just a disruptor ahead of his time.  20 years from now, what he did will be a bachelor's degree program at most universities.  Molesting kids and throwing rocks at speeding cars will likely always be out of favor.

As for Fitlump, in 20 years time...we'll either be living under her thumb...or dead by her hand. 

19 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I don't know if this is the solution, but I don't see anything working out until CR is cleaned up a bit.

In your mind, what's the problem with CR right now? It's a pretty rough and tumble board, but it's the designated place to talk about the shitshow that's been our shared existence for the last several years. That isn't the Texas football team at least.

Posters don't get neg-bombed for having dissenting or contrary opinions in CR, but they do get thumped for having wildly hot takes that are completely unsupported by evidence and/or ongoing posting of disinformation and misinformation. And even then, the negs only come when that person has really committed to being pants-on-head insane or just plain trolling.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Careful there, buddy. You're getting pretty close to flat-out advocating for a section 230 violation, not to mention totally ignoring the Rome statute, which clearly applies.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I was about to say nobody wanted TJ Hooker gone because we were all looking forward to years of bumping his election night thread over and over to relive the hilarity of it all.😂

• Haha 3