The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They were merely trying to exit through the gift shop.  And my gift shop, I mean exit through the tip of Trump's Urethra.  

I get almost all of it.  I just don't get...why Trump.  A guy these folks wouldn't cross the street to piss on if he was on fire.  Suddenly, it's battle-time?

they were on the way to the bingo parlor, at the ymca .....

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

The politicians and the media are so close you can’t tell them apart anymore 

The media is worse. It’s all about profits and banging on Biden because their corporate owners are mad about Afghanistan and inflation, both of which affects their bottom line. It’s disgusting and obvious.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Unnamed politician’s text to Meadows on Jan. 7:  “Yesterday was a terrible day. We tried everything we could in our objection to the six states. I’m sorry nothing worked.” 

Bets on who this is?  Whoever is complaining the loudest about the committee’s work tomorrow is the prime suspect. Betting on Gosar, but hoping it’s Cruz.  

Gosar/Boebert/MTG/Gym.

Cruz, as much of a dumbass as he can be about a lot of things, would have been very cagey about texting about this stuff.

This is the most frustrating aspect about this time in history.  People are allowing their actual feelings to be superseded by the political messaging of bad actors.

In the moment, people KNEW that what was happening was wrong.   You see it with these texts just like we saw it with Lindsey Graham that night.  

Yet, once Fox News messaging hits and enough time passes, people's own feelings take a backseat to the political points being pushed by those in power/media.  A society cannot function when a large segment of the population pushes aside their own instincts/feelings for those of a political party.  A political party is supposed to form and legislate based on the desires of the population... what we currently have is the exact opposite.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

These people have the memory of a flea.  I have a friend from high school that I was texting with on Jan 6 that finally relented that afternoon and said this was horrible and Dotard should be impeached for it.  He now thinks it's all overblown/was antifa/is a nothingberder hoax. 

I agree @Chuckie Finster I don't know how we can function as a society when so many people can no longer think for themselves and are so vulnerable to the fox news mind-meld.

FoxNews, OAN, Newsmax, etc. did not carry the Committee Meeting held live yesterday.

FoxNews from what i have seen, has made no mention of it or their employees/Don Jr's texts last night or this morning (in their first segment anyway.. i am not a glutton for punishment)

it's easy to lie to people who choose to be blinded.

32 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

So, umm, are double-wides protected under the homestead exemption under Florida and Texas bankruptcy law? Because if so, I don't expect a whole lot of "recompense" coming from all of this.

It's not about getting enough money. It's about getting ALL the Proud Boys' money.

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I’m much more interested in seeing where that money was coming from.

Interesting piece I read a few days ago. I think the relatively small sums the guys in the article were making are less interesting than the "unidentified wallets" they talk about that are dropping millions into the movement.  

How Cryptocurrency revolutionized the white supremacist movement

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Has the House voted yet on holding Meadows in contempt?

Turned on C-Span.  Looks as if they're just now voting to begin debate on contempt resolution.  All but 2 republican reps (presumably Kinzinger and Cheney) previously voted against bringing the question (to bring the matter to debate) to a vote.  Currently the vote to begin debate is following similar pattern.

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

What’s totally lost on the left and sane, there’s a large percent of the R’s who were/are disappointed the coup failed. There’s zero shame or remorse about what happened period. 

This.  Though I do find it interesting that even dumbshit Don Jr. apparently saw that Jan 6 was too far and was telling them to shut it down.  Dotard never had any care about that, but Jr could see their monster was starting to take over.  That said, I think those feelings were short lived after that day ended.

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

wasn't short supposed to be a key witness too, willing to spill the beans (with an implied blessing from pence)?

It's interesting - if Pence feels Trump has destroyed Pence's chances in 2024 or 2028 andr tied to make Pence toxic to his base, then this would be a nice bit of revenge since Pence would have nothing to lose.  

And it's something that's right up the alley of somebody like Pence who considers themselves a "Godly" man and who toiled away for years in politics at multiple levels, only to see Trump come in with very little work, grab the highest office, and then try and wreck the careers of people like Pence.

But then again, this is Pence, so it's whatever Mother approves of.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  Though I do find it interesting that even dumbshit Don Jr. apparently saw that Jan 6 was too far and was telling them to shut it down.  Dotard never had any care about that, but Jr could see their monster was starting to take over.  That said, I think those feelings were short lived after that day ended.

He probably thought they’d all get hanged if it continued. Now he knows he is fine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He probably thought they’d all get hanged if it continued. Now he knows he is fine. 

This.  Nobody of "importance" was killed and they were able to frame it as no big deal.  They've turned Ashli Babbitt into a fucking martyr for fuck sake.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

some have theorized that the fox news folks, don jr, etc had a startling moment of clarity (which has been known to happen in jarring, shocking situations) and some honesty leaked out.  that's what i would probably agree with if we were dealing with any type of adult human with even a hint of moral compass.  even if so, it didn't take them long to revert (later that night).

of course we also had congresspeople apologizing the next day for failing to coup properly, so there's that. 

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

some have theorized that the fox news folks, don jr, etc had a startling moment of clarity (which has been known to happen in jarring, shocking situations) and some honesty leaked out.  that's what i would probably agree with if we were dealing with any type of adult human with even a hint of moral compass.  even if so, it didn't take them long to revert (later that night).

of course we also had congresspeople apologizing the next day for failing to coup properly, so there's that. 

The Fox News people should be held more accountable than anyone except Dotard, in my opinion.  It's fucking IN-SANE that these "news" personalities had direct lines to the white house.  Such a fucking grift.  All of it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The Fox News people should be held more accountable than anyone except Dotard, in my opinion.  It's fucking IN-SANE that these "news" personalities had direct lines to the white house.  Such a fucking grift.  All of it.

well not only that, but one could (correctly) argue that if they were being honest with their concerned texts on jan 6th, then they're actually worse as people.  this means they know right from wrong, and all their tv propaganda bullshit is an act.  yeah yeah, most of us already assumed it was an act, but this kinda clinches it.

depressing how many people won't get to make that conclusion though, because fox news won't even cover it.  fucking pathetic.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Turned on C-Span.  Looks as if they're just now voting to begin debate on contempt resolution.  All but 2 republican reps (presumably Kinzinger and Cheney) previously voted against bringing the question (to bring the matter to debate) to a vote.  Currently the vote to begin debate is following similar pattern.

Yeah, I guess that’s the vote I saw. The committee recommended contempt. Seems kind of stupid to vote on the debate. Just debate it then hold the vote on contempt.

So now the debate is happening. Just another opportunity for Trumpublicans to express their faux outrage. ‘See what the Democrats do? It’s a partisan witch hunt!’

Go Benghazi yourselves you fucking hypocrites. This was an actual attempted coup that we all witnessed with our own eyes. It’s like if Hillary was caught on video shouting “Don’t anyone go defend the consulate!” That never happened, of course, and despite all your investigations you couldn’t come up with anything to pin on her. But she appeared when summoned and testified repeatedly.