Fire in the Gulf

Neonmoon

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I don't even know what this is trying to imply. Could be my bad. Help me out here GR and do the talk to me like I'm a 12 year old thing. 

I just thought it was a funny meme. That’s it. 

• Fuck You 3

27 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

He doesn't know either

Getting conservatives to explicitly state their point once they've implied it is usually the end of the conversation. Deliberate vagueness, implication and insinuation is a "foot on safe" of plausible deniability that allows for "I didn't say that!" and the starter gun for the goose chase of deducing the point from someone who can, but for obvious reasons won't, just simply state it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

33 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Somebody who knows more about pipelines correct me if I'm wrong, but should they just let it burn to avoid spilling all that shit into the water?

Well, the shit was flowing through the water to get to the surface where it could burn.  

In any event, assuming it was separated gas (low or no liquid petroleum content), it's not much of an aquatic hazard.  It doesn't dissolve in water, so just floats to the surface and evaporates.

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the shit was flowing through the water to get to the surface where it could burn.  

In any event, assuming it was separated gas (low or no liquid petroleum content), it's not much of an aquatic hazard.  It doesn't dissolve in water, so just floats to the surface and evaporates.

I didn't realize it was gas. For some reason I thought it was crude.

edit: duh, even if it is gas, its better to burn it off than let it evaporate into the atmosphere (see flaring).

Edited by High Plains Drifter