Sam Acho to ESPN

Gil Bang

Always cool to see someone get their shot to fulfill their dreams. Someday, you guys will see me win the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, and I'll finally get the respect that has been denied me here. I should have never posted my interpretive dance video celebrating the career of Greg Davis. 

• Haha 2

Guest Lobo
2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Always cool to see someone get their shot to fulfill their dreams. Someday, you guys will see me win the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, and I'll finally get the respect that has been denied me here. I should have never posted my interpretive dance video celebrating the career of Greg Davis. 

Was that the one where it consistently looked like you were gonna dance your way downstage, only to have you fall off into the wings several feet before?

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

We have no doubt that you will excel at swallowing phallic shaped objects whole. God Speed!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

acho just went on national tv and said Mahomes is not a top five qb. smdh 

Oh good Lord.  How can he say that other than to create drama and/or become an attention whore?  Who did he list ahead of him and by what criteria did he make such a comment?

Edited by mininghorn88
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

it's the offseason.  they just need shit to talk about.

Exactly. Its not often that I listen to him, but EVERY time I hear Cowherd on the air, he says something equally stupid. Stephen A Smith about as often. Next check their salaries. Dont hate the player, hate the game. Or hate 'em both, I dont care. But if you want to get paid in that industry, you gotta figure out a way to get noticed. If you're just repeating the same shit as everyone else, its harder to get noticed, so sometimes saying controversial shit (related to sports) pays. 

45 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Exactly. Its not often that I listen to him, but EVERY time I hear Cowherd on the air, he says something equally stupid. Stephen A Smith about as often. Next check their salaries. Dont hate the player, hate the game. Or hate 'em both, I dont care. But if you want to get paid in that industry, you gotta figure out a way to get noticed. If you're just repeating the same shit as everyone else, its harder to get noticed, so sometimes saying controversial shit (related to sports) pays. 

Yeah, but Colin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith are professional trolls.  They're not serious sports commentators and they're not trying to be.

I really hope this is a case of Sam saying something stupid while trying to say something smart and not a case of him aiming for the troll career.  God knows there are too many of those already.

9 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Gottlieb gonna rethink this “uncomfortable conversation with a black man”

Trash all around.  Sam’s take was trash.  Doug’s comment was trash. Manny was acting like trash and he also called his brothers rake trash. As someone else mentioned, maybe a Doug and manny show is on the horizon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Both Achos are honestly terrible on TV. Which isn’t saying much these days, hence their continued employment by ESPN.

Sam seems like less of an asshole and has some redeeming qualities, but Manny is the ultimate dickhead. Fuck that guy. Perfect microcosm of late-stage Mack.

100% this. 

• 3 weeks later...

Former Texas football and NFL linebacker Emmanuel Acho will be the school's keynote speaker at UT's 139th spring commencement in May, the school announced on Thursday.

Acho, who is the host of  “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man,” won an Emmy award for the video series. He also co-hosts Fox Sports' afternoon studio show "Speak for Yourself."

“Emmanuel Acho embodies the best of our university,” UT President Jay Hartzell said in a press release. “He is a Longhorn who exemplifies impact through excellence, bravery, perseverance and resilience. The challenges and opportunities our graduates will face call for his valuable perspectives on the need for conversations with each other about difficult or uncomfortable issues, and how one can live in a world of possibility rather than a world of limits.”

8 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Former Texas football and NFL linebacker Emmanuel Acho will be the school's keynote speaker at UT's 139th spring commencement in May, the school announced on Thursday.

Acho, who is the host of  “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man,” won an Emmy award for the video series. He also co-hosts Fox Sports' afternoon studio show "Speak for Yourself."

“Emmanuel Acho embodies the best of our university,” UT President Jay Hartzell said in a press release. “He is a Longhorn who exemplifies impact through excellence, bravery, perseverance and resilience. The challenges and opportunities our graduates will face call for his valuable perspectives on the need for conversations with each other about difficult or uncomfortable issues, and how one can live in a world of possibility rather than a world of limits.”

Jesus Christ 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I do not remember who spoke at my commencement in 1988.

I am so thankful that McRaven spoke at my daughter's commencement in may 2014.  It was memorable.

I suspect that Acho's will be memorable as well but for different reasons.

32 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I do not remember who spoke at my commencement in 1988.

I am so thankful that McRaven spoke at my daughter's commencement in may 2014.  It was memorable.

I suspect that Acho's will be memorable as well but for different reasons.

That was one of McRaven's opening remarks. he said he had no idea who spoke at his so something like "if you can't be memorable be brief". Of course he was memorable.

3 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

That was one of McRaven's opening remarks. he said he had no idea who spoke at his so something like "if you can't be memorable be brief". Of course he was memorable.

I met a navy Seal while on a business trip to Utah recently. I told him that McRaven spoke at my daughter's graduation.  He immediately knew what I was talking about as he basically had the speech memorized.  He went on to tell me a couple of cool stories about McRaven too.