Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I love how they follow every single sport as well as all of their disappointing finishes and then out of the other side of their mouths discount us showing we have the best athletic dept in the country 3 years running and call the award the "Hogwarts cup Thingy".  Such brutal idiots.

It is odd.  Kind of like how they twist themselves into knots between the "We're the state power/big bro v. why does Texas always get what they want?".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

It is odd.  Kind of like how they twist themselves into knots between the "We're the state power/big bro v. why does Texas always get what they want?".

Nobody does cognitive dissonance like those yokels. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I follow this shit more closely than 99.999% of the population and I have absolutely no idea what CDC tweet Liucci is referencing... and a quick scrub of CDC's last month of tweets doesn't provide any clarity either.  Their ability to get worked up about the stupidest shit is honestly a super power.

My bad. CDC was being interviewed by the Houston chronicle. I believe the chronicle tweeted it

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, USC did make a run at CDC. Liucci probably heard that from the USC side and ran with it, trying to make it a story. Problem is, Liucci doesn't understand critical differences between ATM and Texas at core levels. He's got an asymmetrical information gap working against him and there is no way in hell he will ever be able to see it or understand it. His insecurity and bias would never allow for that kind of learning.

He heard "we're targeting Del Conte" from one of the USC losers and immediately assumed that, and needed to see that, USC would sweep CDC off of his feet. Why? 1) He watched it happen at ATM, "so why wouldn't it also happen at Texas?" and 2) He knows somewhere deep down that Del Conte is damned good at what he does, so it benefitted his outlook to believe that he'd leave. 

Texas isn't ATM, Billdo. Texas isn't a little dicked little brother constantly getting sand kicked in its face by the rest of the world on every level. USC is a fucking mess. Texas can always match the money side of it. Texas is the premier athletic department in the country and still, Del Conte gets to be responsible for helping it transition into a better place and has his legacy stamped all over it. Del Conte doesn't need to go somewhere else to be fulfilled in his ambitions. You dumb, insecure motherfucker. 

Well said, Sir.

image.png.66459ace3369d15180d0f1798decd92b.png

1. Correct. It's not what Texas does.

2. A word you have absolutely no grasp of, Billy. Gravitas is to you as winged flight is to me.

3. Did Texas rush the field in those 4 wins? If not, that proves CDC's point not yours, you insufferable moron. It's not the record; it's the history of behavior.

4. Yes, all persons interested in The University of Texas should consult Billy "Can't dress like an adult" Liucci about the culture here. All texags aggies are experts on Asstin; Billy is the professor of same. He can tell everyone what's  "sickening and is exactly what is wrong with that fan base." 

Here's the story that offended Liucci's dark little soul. 

Spoiler

DESTIN, Fla. — Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte soaked in the specifics throughout the week of the Longhorns’ first Southeastern Conference spring meetings, but there was one part Del Conte did not sweat the details.

“At the University of Texas, we’ve never rushed the field, it’s not what we do, it’s not our expectations,” Del Conte told the Houston Chronicle of the SEC voting to give sizable fines for rushing fields or courts directly to the other school instead of the league. “We understand the gravitas of playing us and vice versa, big games like that, it’s just not in our culture.

“So it’s really not that big of a deal.”

Much of the rest was to the Longhorns, however, in their initial SEC spring meetings venture at a hotel on a gorgeous Florida beach.

“It was great, and this conference is clearly headed in a great direction,” UT president Jay Hartzell told the Chronicle after the meetings wrapped on Friday. “Part of our excitement in joining the SEC was being around these schools and this leadership team. Given all the uncertainty and tailwinds in college sports, it’s going to be great to be a part of this group.”

Texas and Oklahoma are scheduled to exit the Big 12 and join the SEC in a little more than a year, and in separate visits with the Chronicle following the spring meetings’ conclusion, Del Conte and Hartzell both hit on the highlights of the work week by the beach.

“There are a lot of forces at work in college athletics right now, whether it’s legislative, NIL (name, image and likeness), issues around how to continue providing the best support for athletes,” said Hartzell, who was instrumental in UT’s early interest in joining the SEC beginning about three years ago. “All of those things suggested being a part of what we envision as the premiere conference in college sports would be important for our institution.

“Athletics is such a huge part of the University of Texas — it’s a special part of what we do, and we want to keep it at the level of contributing to the overall university the way it’s been doing for so many years.”

Del Conte has been UT athletic director since 2017 and Hartzell has been UT president since 2020. UT and OU did not have official votes at this year’s SEC spring meetings, and will not until they join the league on July 1, 2024.

They did have input and opinions, however, and both Del Conte and Hartzell said they understood the SEC opting to use an eight-game league football schedule for the first year the conference expands to 16 teams in 2024.

A nine-game model with three annual rivals and six rotating opponents, which the league is expected to adopt at some point within the year, is on hold for at least the next few months. The other, less likely option is an eight-game SEC schedule with one annual rival and seven rotating opponents.

Should the SEC officially (and unexpectedly) go with the latter starting in 2025, UT and OU would be annual rivals and Texas A&M and LSU would compete as annual rivals. Meaning UT and A&M, old Southwest Conference and Big 12 rivals and separated by 100 miles, would only play every other year (and host once every four years). UT and A&M have both said they’re in favor of having three annual rivals instead of one.

“The eight-game (model in 2024) provides a lot of flexibility for future decision making,” Hartzell said, also reminding that the Longhorns and Sooners originally had agreed to exit the Big 12 and enter the SEC in 2025. “We’re all adjusting to the fact that we’re coming in here earlier than originally expected, and this gives us a little time to make adjustments, and then figure out what is best going forward.”

Divisions are gone regardless, and in 2024 the league’s top two finishers will play in the SEC title game in Atlanta, Ga. A big part of the change of 2024, too, is the College Football Playoff expanding from four to 12 teams, and Southern Cal and UCLA exiting the Pac-12 for the Big Ten.

“You’ve got to remember where we are — we’re coming into the league a year early,” Del Conte said. “… We (decided) on 2024 partly because of USC and UCLA going to the Big Ten, and in 2024 you’ve got (more) Big 12 teams coming in, you have the CFP in ’24. It all made sense. … (Football scheduling) can’t just happen overnight, we’re scheduled out to 2030.

“I understand the nuances … we agreed on a one-year, eight-game format and we’ll continue to work through those issues.”

While annual or “permanent” rivals aren’t part of the picture in 2024, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said he understands that “traditional rivalries” will be honored that lone season, later telling the Chronicle to note the “plural” aspect of that declaration.

UT and A&M are expected to meet in football in 2024 for the first time since 2011 — a June 14 SEC Network show will reveal the league’s 2024 schedule minus exact dates — and A&M athletic director Ross Bjork has said the reunion will be at Kyle Field. Del Conte said he has not been told where the first game back in the rivalry will be.

Sankey described having the presidents and athletic directors from Texas and Oklahoma together at SEC spring meetings as “an embrace both ways” among the 14 current members and the two newcomers that were the bell cows of the Big 12.

“They offered perspective on a variety of issues, just like our other 14 members,” Sankey said of what he described as “engaged” Texas and Oklahoma administrators.

A pleased Sankey added, “It’s our new normal moving forward.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.66459ace3369d15180d0f1798decd92b.png

1. Correct. It's not what Texas does.

2. A word you have absolutely no grasp of, Billy. Gravitas is to you as winged flight is to me.

3. Did Texas rush the field in those 4 wins? If not, that proves CDC's point not yours, you insufferable moron. It's not the record; it's the history of behavior.

4. Yes, all persons interested in The University of Texas should consult Billy "Can't dress like an adult" Liucci about the culture here. All texags aggies are experts on Asstin; Billy is the professor of same. He can tell everyone what's  "sickening and is exactly what is wrong with that fan base." 

Seems to have some confusion about illicit/elicit, too. Not to mention the whole singular/plural thing. What a rube. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Seems to have some confusion about illicit/elicit, too. Not to mention the whole singular/plural thing. What a rube. 

Good catch. He didn't manage to properly conjugate it either way. I wish I could collect a check like he does to write, but he has his audience and knows them thoroughly.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, USC did make a run at CDC. Liucci probably heard that from the USC side and ran with it, trying to make it a story. Problem is, Liucci doesn't understand critical differences between ATM and Texas at core levels. He's got an asymmetrical information gap working against him and there is no way in hell he will ever be able to see it or understand it. His insecurity and bias would never allow for that kind of learning.

He heard "we're targeting Del Conte" from one of the USC losers and immediately assumed that, and needed to see that, USC would sweep CDC off of his feet. Why? 1) He watched it happen at ATM, "so why wouldn't it also happen at Texas?" and 2) He knows somewhere deep down that Del Conte is damned good at what he does, so it benefitted his outlook to believe that he'd leave. 

Texas isn't ATM, Billdo. Texas isn't a little dicked little brother constantly getting sand kicked in its face by the rest of the world on every level. USC is a fucking mess. Texas can always match the money side of it. Texas is the premier athletic department in the country and still, Del Conte gets to be responsible for helping it transition into a better place and has his legacy stamped all over it. Del Conte doesn't need to go somewhere else to be fulfilled in his ambitions. You dumb, insecure motherfucker. 

He knows he'll go to his deathbed having never seen his beloved aggys win jack fucking shit.  Of course he's worked up.

64cf084aef2b31d29de1cff6fc651366.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

53 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Good catch. He didn't manage to properly conjugate it either way. I wish I could collect a check like he does to write, but he has his audience and knows them thoroughly.

It really pains me to defend the loochdouchenozzle, but in fairness, isn't that a rough transcription of his podcast/radio show?

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

Screenshot_2023-06-06-11-40-21-21_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

His little head just can't fathom why we wouldn't be going out of our minds to beat a ranked team at home. It's because we expect to win you fucking trogladite. I was at the Notre Dame game a few years back, and that was about as exciting of a finish as you could have asked for, and not once did storming the field ever cross my mind. 

Also LOL at him saying CDC is perfect for us after his pop gun attempt at fanning the CDC to USC flames, especially saying CDC was chasing the job. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

IMG_0890.thumb.png.fec914cc51121b59d03b7c946b38ca45.png

15 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

We just going to all sit here and act like 1990 UH didn't happen huh?   I mean i was drunk and all, but im pretty sure i remember being called an idiot.

synonyms for gravitas
  • dignity.
  • gravity.
  • sobriety.
  • poise.
  • ponderance.
  • solemnity.
  • austerity.
  • formality.
I mean, it's right there at #3. Uncouth youth do not define a culture.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

We just going to all sit here and act like 1990 UH didn't happen huh?   I mean i was drunk and all, but im pretty sure i remember being called an idiot.

Did you reimburse the athletic department for bending their goalpost?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'll join you. Animal House, Caddyshack, and the Monty Python movies are beyond my reach in the humor department. Watched all of them and none of them made me laugh once.

You didn't laugh at the Caddyshack boat scene?  Or Ted Knight acting like a toddler on the golf course?  Or Bill Murray explaining his inner greenskeeper life to Chevy Chase?   Wow.  

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Hook 'Em 9

Liucci is a fucktard but CDC did make an ass of himself in that interview and Liucci has some valid points because of it. We have no big home wins in recent years that warrant storming the field. I think if we had beaten bama it would’ve happened, I was at that game. It was also factually incorrect for CDC to say we’ve “never stormed the field”. That happened in 1990 that I know of and it makes CDC sound ignorant of our history.

1 hour ago, Mr. Drummond said:

You from SA?

The UH game is the only game I can recall that the fans rushed the field. What an atmosphere.

And somebody remind Billy that our number of wins over Top 5 teams at home is smaller because we never play our biggest rival in Austin.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Liucci is a fucktard but CDC did make an ass of himself in that interview and Liucci has some valid points because of it. We have no big home wins in recent years that warrant storming the field. I think if we had beaten bama it would’ve happened, I was at that game. It was also factually incorrect for CDC to say we’ve “never stormed the field”. That happened in 1990 that I know of and it makes CDC sound ignorant of our history.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Helobious said:

from your HSFB picks to your appearance at the bama game last season...you really are a rain cloud.. Are you going to Tuscaloosa in 3 months too? :(

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'll join you. Animal House, Caddyshack, and the Monty Python movies are beyond my reach in the humor department. Watched all of them and none of them made me laugh once.

Fucking Martian 

But some of your past post do make more sense now

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

To be fair Looch was talking about in the last 25years at DKR. I'm not a math genius but i think y'all are going back too far. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

You from SA?

The UH game is the only game I can recall that the fans rushed the field. What an atmosphere.

And somebody remind Billy that our number of wins over Top 5 teams at home is smaller because we never play our biggest rival in Austin.

Sugar Land.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread