[Game Thread] Ragin Cajuns at Longhorns - We're gonna fuck people up

immamac

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I haven't had a Yuengling since my days in Pennsylvania 16 years ago so got a 12 pack for the game and damn is it just as good as I remembered. Light and very easy drinking like a macro lager but tastes way way better and smoother. And for only $13 a 12 pack this can't be beat. 

Bought a Lagunitas Super Cluster 6 pack to try for the game. This is some good beer.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Octavian said:

Defense looks good. None of the heralded defensive line pushes we’ve heard so much about but coverage has been good and tackling solid.

Offense, o-line playing like Swiss cheese but otherwise seems firing on all cylinders. Receivers seem better than advertised. Line needs to get it together for Bijan and Ro to get some bug runs.

Yeah, seeing our o-line gives some context to the glowing reports of our d-line.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Wat? The clock was already stopped. ULaLa also had another TO left. The only thing questionable about it was whether that catch might have ended up being reviewed.

I’m talk8ng about the TO after we stopped them on 3rd down with roughly 40 seconds left. They converted an easy 4th down and ended up getting the FG. They were willing to just let the clock expire.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Louisiana is pretty good and a very experienced team. While Texas isn't imposing their will I mostly like what I see minus a couple negatives.

C+ For the first half.

Agreed.  If Dicker had hit that FG, I think we'd all be feeling better.

Just win the second half and call it a double-digit win over a pretty good team.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Defense looks good. None of the heralded defensive line pushes we’ve heard so much about but coverage has been good and tackling solid.

Offense, o-line playing like Swiss cheese but otherwise seems firing on all cylinders. Receivers seem better than advertised. Line needs to get it together for Bijan and Ro to get some bug runs.

nothing on this offense is firing on all cylinders

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Agreed.  If Dicker had hit that FG, I think we'd all be feeling better.

Just win the second half and call it a double-digit win over a pretty good team.

Yep.  I can never relax when Texas is up 1 score.  I just sit around and wait for some fucked up play to happen.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Talking about when he called one on 4th and 1. They ended up going for it

It was a good TO. If he doesn’t all the clever guys on here say, “I was told there were going to be no breaks”.  

From a risk/reward standpoint it was crazy for Napier to go for it there, but he did it and got 3 points out of it. Good for him. Doesn’t mean it was the wrong call from Sark. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

first half thoughts;

oline still a problem.

why yall keep running into the center of the line for nothing?

wheres this great Dline? seen flashes. but the majority of the yards they got has been right up the gut. they can run up the gut. but we cant.....

Card is gonna be so good.........if he lives

f......brockermeyer showing out

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

1st half took an hour and a half, what's the problem?

2nd half always takes longer. Team behind has to throw a ton and if it's close game slows way down late like basketball. I could see this hitting 7:30 since it was an hour and a half game before halftime even started. 

3 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Let's see what type of adjustments the Texas coaching staff can make. Hopefully we put this game out of reach in the 3rd.

This is what I want to see. Herman would just keep ramming his fist up his ass. I want to see some coaching skills applied.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NorLa Horns said:

first half thoughts;

oline still a problem.

We ran off tackle maybe once and it worked.  That’s what Bijan is great at. Let’s maybe do it more??

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m thinking at some point we should see someone else play LT. Jones is sabotaging the offensive line unit with poor effort and technique. It’s also bizarre to see our interior defensive line getting handled pretty easily. I thought that was a clear matchup advantage for us. 

Otherwise it’s good to see Card play well when he is given even modest support from the line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

first half thoughts;

oline still a problem.

wheres this great Dline? seen flashes. but the majority of the yards they got has been right up the gut. they can run up the gut. but we cant.....

Card is gonna be so good.........if he lives

f......brockermeyer showing out

my 9th grader said the same thing.  Get him into space.

Yeah the offensive line struggled and that's disappointing but Card has risen to the occasion and that's fantastic. Also defense only giving up 6 points in the first half and no explosive plays I could remember to a ranked team with a decent to good offense is fantastic. This is a good team they're playing even though Louisiana is making some bad early season mistakes with drops and bonehead plays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

2nd half always takes longer. Team behind has to throw a ton and if it's close game slows way down late like basketball. I could see this hitting 7:30 since it was an hour and a half game before halftime even started. 

doesn't change the fact that an hour and a half is perfect for a half of football, now this 30 minute halftime seems to suck

uLaLa 0 for 5 on 3rd downs...

LBers need to step up...lots of dbl teams on dline and letting linebackers go free but not making the play

Stick to assignments..some mentals breakdowns biting for fakes

oline with 3 penalties and generally sucking

WRs getting open at will right now...two overthrows from Card

Card playing well otherwise imo

Edited by pacman