Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

My guess (based on years of watching Datelune, 2020 and 48 Hours)-

There was a fight. He killed her. 
He disposed of the body, hoped to make it look like she ran off  

He returned home and realized that story wasn’t working. He runs off (this is where we are now). 
He’ll show back up, with healing scars from a superficial knife wound in his abdomen somewhere. He will point to that as evidence of her attack on him, that he had to defend himself from. 
He’ll claim self defense. 

With a good attorney, it ought to work. 

13 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

people only cared because she was a pretty white girl.  if she was ugly or a minority it would get zero national attention 

I can only speak for myself but the fact that this story involves a pretty white girl does make it way more interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, statsman said:

My guess (based on years of watching Datelune, 2020 and 48 Hours)-

There was a fight. He killed her. 
He disposed of the body, hoped to make it look like she ran off  

He returned home and realized that story wasn’t working. He runs off (this is where we are now). 
He’ll show back up, with healing scars from a superficial knife wound in his abdomen somewhere. He will point to that as evidence of her attack on him, that he had to defend himself from. 
He’ll claim self defense. 

With a good attorney, it ought to work. 

oj.jpg

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

100%.  Seems everyone on the internet is providing ULTRA HOT takes, 99% of which is he's OBVIOUSLY A MURDERER.  I'm with you though.

They both seem fragile.  Probably had another tussle and an accident, or a suicide - and he can't cope with the consequence.  Hence he hightailed it and sought attorney, hence that family kept fully hush.  Premeditated psychotic murder is unikely. 

Yeah, my money is on an OCD related tirade by her, he shoves her, and she hits her head or other some non murder intended act.  I think we all pretty much believe he's the killer though.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Maybe this is some make privelege talking, but I can never understand how guys with toothpick arms like him can manipulate & abuse women. Sure weapons mean anyone can kill anyone but I just don’t get how you get stuck in an abusive relationship with someone that probably benches 125. 

Maybe it has something to do with the fact they have toothpick arms, and can't bench more than 125 ?

39 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Maybe this is some make privelege talking, but I can never understand how guys with toothpick arms like him can manipulate & abuse women. Sure weapons mean anyone can kill anyone but I just don’t get how you get stuck in an abusive relationship with someone that probably benches 125. 

They find women with low, or non existent, self esteem. They are easy to manipulate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

There’s no way that means anything. They made a movie about that book, it’s sci-fi. Has to do with aliens. And the women don’t really go “missing”, they get overtaken by the shimmer. Which itself was a depression metaphor. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Nah, the youngest millennials were born in the mid 90s. Anything after that is Gen Z

4 hours ago, GopherRock said:

There is a sharp cutoff for millennials on the young end: if they have a coherent memory of 9/11. This means the last millennials were born early in 1995.

That's a weird arbitrary cutoff to come up with. I was going on the classic definition of a generation being 18 years as that's considered the transition age to legal adulthood. So if boomers started in 1946 9 months after VJ day then boomers would be 1946-1963, X would be 1964-1981, millennials from 1982-1999, and Z 2000-2017. 

That's the most logical numerical way to differentiate. Without a standard numerical based model the terms sort of get rendered useless. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Looks be deceiving. This guy has taken out every professional fighter on the way to the title at 185 pounds and he's skinny with skinny arms. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighting GIF by UFC

Plus, you're talking about a male overtaking a petite female. Not that hard to imagine. 

24 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Looks be deceiving. This guy has taken out every professional fighter on the way to the title at 185 pounds and he's skinny with skinny arms. 

Plus, you're talking about a male overtaking a petite female. Not that hard to imagine. 

Laundrie doesn't look like a 185lb professional fighter, but you are right it's not hard to imagine how a probably 140-150lb male can easily manhandle an 80lb chick.

For instance take a man and a woman at say 140 lbs.  On average, the man is 48% stronger in upper body and 33% stronger in lower body.  And if they train, those difference skew even more as men have more muscle fiber (~approximately 43 percent muscle and 15 percent fat vs. 36 percent muscle and 26 percent fat in women).  So a well-anarobic male is actually much stronger than his same-weight well-worked-out female partner.  And the women need the larger degree of fat for healthier bodily systems to function normally.

And since a good portion of this weight is in the upper body for men, they are more likely to be able subdue women.

My guess is that this guy was a good 50-60 lbs. if not more than Gabby.  Not much of a problem for him to control what he wants physically at age 23, skinny arms or not.

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

For instance take a man and a woman at say 140 lbs.  On average, the man is 48% stronger in upper body and 33% stronger in lower body.  And if they train, those difference skew even more as men have more muscle fiber (~approximately 43 percent muscle and 15 percent fat vs. 36 percent muscle and 26 percent fat in women).  So a well-anarobic male is actually much stronger than his same-weight well-worked-out female partner.  And the women need the larger degree of fat for healthier bodily systems to function normally.

the hangover GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's a weird arbitrary cutoff to come up with.

Naw that's perfect. If you can remember 9/11 that would mold you. i was just coming out of my little toddler blackout when Watergate was the big deal, so for me i expect presidents to all by scumbags. i think a better cutoff for Boomers would be if you could remember the Kennedy assassination. 

23 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Man I wonder what all they are taking from the home. There are rumors on Twitter that Gabby was 8/9 weeks pregnant and that is the “motive.” I hope not…not that’s not already a tragedy. 
if his family helped him in any way I hope they get charged as well.

He did some math and realized he was not the father and snapped

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Naw that's perfect. If you can remember 9/11 that would mold you. i was just coming out of my little toddler blackout when Watergate was the big deal, so for me i expect presidents to all by scumbags. i think a better cutoff for Boomers would be if you could remember the Kennedy assassination. 

You thought Mr. Carter, and Mr. Ford were scumbags  ?  

Sorry not trying to go CR at all just asking about his comment.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

20 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

And since a good portion of this weight is in the upper body for men, they are more likely to be able subdue women.

My guess is that this guy was a good 50-60 lbs. if not more than Gabby.  Not much of a problem for him to control what he wants physically at age 23, skinny arms or not.

Top 30 Snl No Math GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Adesanya doesn't fight at 185...

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Testosterone. 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You thought Mr. Carter, and Mr. Ford were scumbags  ?  

Sorry not trying to go CR at all just asking about his comment.

No, that's hyperbole. My impression of Ford was that he fell down all the time and of Carter, a smiling peanut farmer. But I was always wondering when they would get in as much trouble at Nixon. i just thought that was what happened to presidents. And I guess it is, because then you had Iran-Contra, Monicaghazi for Clinton, and then Trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So, I'm getting the sense that a "van life" is not all its cracked up to be.

It is if you do it alone and pick up strange along the way to different adventures. 

Don't take your chick camping for 3 months 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2