Meta World Least

Trey3216

I guess the new corporate motto could be, "Meta:  The only real research being done on here is by us.  On you."  

If you've been banned from facebook, can you come back and register an account at this new Meta platform?  Asking for a friend.  

Edited by Lobo

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I guess the new corporate motto could be, "Meta:  The only real research being done on here is by us.  On you."  

If you've been banned from facebook, can you come back and register an account at this new Meta platform?  Asking for a friend.  

you have their blessings to start your own platform, despac, and literally profit.

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

So when you're being confronted with accusations that you are using the information you collect and the platforms you use to do all sorts of various enumerated harms to individuals and society at large your move is rebrand yourself as.....Meta.

That's one hell of a way to embrace wearing the black hat I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

CSB: I was in grad school when Facebook was just spreading to various colleges. The first person to tell me about TheFacebook later turned out to be regularly drugging and date-raping classmates. If you’re wondering where he did his undergrad, you’re a fool, because of course it was Baylor.

And still, Facebook peaked when a Baptist sexual predator was telling me how great it was. It’s been downhill ever since.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean….of all the weird-ass shit about him….that’s actually up near the top. WTF?

he seems like the kind of guy who puts ketchup on brisket, uses bbq sauce as a bookend, doesn't actually eat meat, and just chomps on the onion slices at a BBQ joint with his "team members"....."We're bonding, this is normal.  Right everyone?"  

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Zuckerberg hasn't joined in the billionaire space race because he came from space.

I'm 100% sure this is the case. 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

he seems like the kind of guy who puts ketchup on brisket, uses bbq sauce as a bookend, doesn't actually eat meat, and just chomps on the onion slices at a BBQ joint with his "team members"....."We're bonding, this is normal.  Right everyone?"  

Dude loves him some Sweet Baby Rays. Because thats what humans consume, correct? f'n weirdo

41 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm 100% sure this is the case. 

Dude loves him some Sweet Baby Rays. Because thats what humans consume, correct? f'n weirdo

His eyes concern me. He looks like he's died from multiple amphetamine ODs and been resuscitated multiple times. I've done multiple day coke and booze binges and I don't think my eyes ever looked liked that. Good God. 

I never had a strong opinion on him, never used his platforms, never thought much about him.  But I did question why some on his board wanted to replace him.  He seemed to make all the right moves for the stock price.  Everybody seemed to be joining facebook-from progressive Arabs to curmudgeon grandparents.  Thought he was a shithead, but they needed to get out of his way and let him grow the company to even greater heights.  

Now I totally get it.  Some CEO's remain largely anonymous, but Zuckerberg is out there constantly as the frontman of facebook. 

And Zuckerberg is an unhinged sociopath trying to raise an Army.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Remember back in the day when the resident posters were convinced FB was a fad that would go the way of MySpace?

I ‘member

Anyways, if there were an anti-Christ, it would be Mark Zuckerberg.

I dabbled with myspace but have never signed up for the facing book because I didn't get into myspace at all.

Was it functionality? Widespread adoption? Or the algorithms that made facebook take off where myspace failed?  Some combination?  I never saw them as that fundamentally different at the beginning. Obviously facebook far outstripped it.

10 hours ago, Mole said:

CSB: I was in grad school when Facebook was just spreading to various colleges. The first person to tell me about TheFacebook later turned out to be regularly drugging and date-raping classmates. If you’re wondering where he did his undergrad, you’re a fool, because of course it was Baylor.

And still, Facebook peaked when a Baptist sexual predator was telling me how great it was. It’s been downhill ever since.

That predator’s name???

You guessed it, Frank Stallone!

• Haha 1