Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Who really cares where the first game is played.

here’s my guess of what happened. A&M attempted to stay out of a pod with OU and UT and the rest of the SEC told them to shut up. A&M countered asking if the first game could at Kyle. And the others were dumbfounded that would matter so they gave A&M their major “victory” and then A&M brags about it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

here’s my guess of what happened. A&M attempted to stay out of a pod with OU and UT and the rest of the SEC told them to shut up. A&M countered asking if the first game could at Kyle. And the others were dumbfounded that would matter so they gave A&M their major “victory” and then A&M brags about it.

It's nice to know the ags have been introspective and made the commitment to change in meaningful ways.

This sea change helps delineate the end of the era of aggy athletic futility and the beginning of the era of aggy athletics dominance. Because only by maintaining focus on the big issues and learning to not be constantly drawn into meaningless minor squabbles and distractions can any organization succeed in highly competitive endeavors.

aggy_ralph copy.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Get it right: It's "aggy." 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yet another great example of the true quality of the aggy education and why hiring an aggy for almost any position is usually the wrong move.

One of the ags ran across an article stating that of the 5% of U.S. wage earners that make $250k and over, one in three is living "paycheck to paycheck."

Quick math - 330mil citizens, labor participation is about 60%; 5%; one in three. Three quick calculations. The kind of simple shit most people in the business world run through on a very regular basis. The ability to perform rough calculations on the fly is a skill usually tested for in college entrance exams.

His math (mind you, this is the "logic" of someone holding an undergraduate degree from a primarily STEM-focused institution):

"330,000,000 US Citizens (making over $250K) x 0.36 = 118,800,000 living paycheck to paycheck (likely most along the east and west coasts)
330,000,000 US Citizens x 0.613 (all consumers) = 202,290,000 living paycheck to paycheck

There are a bunch of people lurking on this thread that fall into these categories."

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3293071/replies/62188267

No clue whatsoever that logically, approx 1.6% of the labor force should less than 118 million. Or 202 million. That he tried the same calculation twice and got hugely different numbers would have tipped off most third graders something was amiss.

This is what one gets from the "aggy network." Which is why so many of them are only employed by other aggys, why "aggyland" is so bereft of intellectual capital, and why the economy of the Brazos Valley is such a shithole. This is also how you get geniuses "whose sources tell them" and who "have it on good information" that the mighty aggys solved the mystery of alchemy and perfected cold fusion. And built "a vaccine facility that would produce 50 million influenza vaccine doses within 4 months of work on any emerging flu strain." And....

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy research copy.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

"I don't give a shit where it's played, y'all just show up!" - Sark 

"I don't give a shit where it's played, as long as it's not in Austin!  It better be in college station!! We didn't want those sons of bitches in our conference!  We told you! No, we don't want to play them! But we ain't scared! - gomer

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Once Aggy gets in the SEC, I truly believe it will have a tremendous beneficial impact on their entire athletic program. You’ll see them winning national titles on par, if not greater, than UT.

Yes and right around that time the metric system is standard in the US, soccer takes over as the #1 sport in the US, and he toll roads become free because they're paid for... but none of that will matter because killer bees will have murdered errbody

lying top gun GIF

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Aggy gettin a Buccees on campus so mays b school students can learn how to clean toilets?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdvxPfx7/?k=1

That Buccee's location will immediately be one of the 30 largest employers in the B/CS metropolitan area. Source:https://brazosvalleyedc.org/major-employers.csv?industry=*&city=*

Quite literally, a significant economic boost to their local economy. Paying less than $20/hr.

major brazos county employers.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

Aggy gettin a Buccees on campus so mays b school students can learn how to clean toilets?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdvxPfx7/?k=1

“We want to create a learning, gathering space on the A&M campus that exemplifies hospitality,” Aplin said. “A place where people come together. A place where the Aggie culture can thrive – a happy place.”

Toilet Paper Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yes and right around that time the metric system is standard in the US, soccer takes over as the #1 sport in the US, and he toll roads become free because they're paid for... but none of that will matter because killer bees will have murdered errbody

lying top gun GIF

Just wait until they get there. You'll see.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

CWS appearances:

Jesus - 0

Texas - 37

Advantage sips. 

Watching the KBTX news a couple of days ago I started laughing.  They were hyping aggy being in the NCAA tournament for the 36th time.  My wife asked why that was funny, and I explained that aggy have been in the tournament fewer times than Texas has been to the CWS, and they're proud of it.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

That Buccee's location will immediately be one of the 30 largest employers in the B/CS metropolitan area. Source:https://brazosvalleyedc.org/major-employers.csv?industry=*&city=*

Quite literally, a significant economic boost to their local economy. Paying less than $20/hr.

major brazos county employers.jpeg

Cognizant. Technology. Solutions. 

Now that's 3 words that I thought I'd never hear pertaining to aggy nor aggyworld.

Axis pipe and tube, knife river, and Gooseneck Trailer manufacturing on the other hand...

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Now that's 3 words that I thought I'd never hear pertaining to aggy nor aggyworld.

Axis pipe and tube, knife river, and Gooseneck Trailer manufacturing on the other hand...

They are a worldwide tech company, hq'd in New Jersey. They appear to have a real operation in CS. Worth noting, it appears no private employer in B-CS has yet outpaced the Chicken Slaugher House (sanderson) in number of employees.

Also nobody tell aggy about Cognizant's award: 1.27%20release%20photo%20600%20pix.png

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Would it help if I told you they were the Dane Cook of IT consulting? No doubt aggy hired them for their on campus technology shit.

23 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Forgive me, but I love Buc-ee's.

Lot's of us do.  It's primarily known as a nice place to take a shit on road trips.  Doesn't mean I'd brag about getting one on the Drag, but it does mean it fits right in at college station.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I have never spent one thin dime at Buccees since I found out they were owned by aggy. 

I can’t drive past one without my girlfriend buying 30 dollars worth of cashews. And me buying 5 containers of jalapeño smoke sausage and pepperjack cheese

15 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

You realize they will use the sec record right? Until they really have to start cherry picking.

No worries. We've historically beaten aggy 2 out of 3 on average, so I expect we'll keep continue that pace, or better.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 8:43 PM, Best served cold said:

After listening to Bjork run his mouth I would love for Texas and OU to enter the SEC in 2024 and have the first game in Austin just to fuck with aggy.

Yeah imho aggy is just setting itself up for yet another embarrassment and bitter disappointment. Unless I'm missing something, there are 3 ways this can play out for them:

- Play us in College Station and win

- Play us in College station and lose

- Get told again to go back to the kid's table while the adults in the room take care of binness, and then they play us here in Austin after making bold statements and revealing their idiocy yet again

This shit is so fucking classically aggy it's fucking hilarious. Aggy never changes. Ever.

Edited by wood

Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea..

Which is neither Democratic, for the people or anything close to a Republic. It is sort of Korea though, so they have that going for them.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:40 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

I have never spent one thin dime at Buccees since I found out they were owned by aggy. 

Sorry, but this statement seems very aggy.

On here we would make fun of any aggy statement bragging about a business they love that they now refuse to go to because they found out a “Sip” owns it.

Now Blue Bell is a little different, because I use to like their products from growing up in Texas, but then found out they had the Listeria outbreak knew about it, hid it, kept selling tainted products, then when forced to deal with it they did not fire or remove senior leadership responsible directly and in general because they are all from the same college and protect each other.

I did not know or care who ran Blue Bell before, but could easily guess which school it was, and regardless of aggy F them until they do the right thing….which they will never do.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

No, just fuck aggy, I don't give a shit what their pay and benefits are.

How very aggy of you.

Do you also not drive on state highways since TXDOT is run by aggy?

Edited by royiv
  • Fuck You 1

We will stop at a Bucees to take a shit, since they seem to be constantly shoveling it.

So I as I type this I am sitting in a La Quinta in Terrell eating breakfast and staring out the window at a Bucees across the parking lot that looks like it’s the size of a Walmart.

Went in there last night to get some Gatorade. Holy fucking shit when did this monstrosity become a thing? I haven’t really been outside the Austin, Houston, Dallas metro areas since I moved out of state 22 years ago.