• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I wasn't going to watch the game on tv because UMASS, but did they just not show the stands all game ? 
They showed several crowd shots, but it was always close ups of small groups of 5 or 6. But then they'd show the announcers in the booth or the sideline reporter and you'd see the empty stands behind them.

Today on "The Horn" Chad Hastings, one of the more semi-intentionally reasonable Aggies in the world, couldn't help himself and said something like "yeah, there were some empty seats", weather, yada yada yada.  "Some".

To his credit, he did shame the corps turds who shot off the cannon when the 2 UMass players were kneeling in the back corner of the end zone.

Today on "The Horn" Chad Hastings, one of the more semi-intentionally reasonable Aggies in the world, couldn't help himself and said something like "yeah, there were some empty seats", weather, yada yada yada.  "Some".
To his credit, he did shame the corps turds who shot off the cannon when the 2 UMass players were kneeling in the back corner of the end zone.

I hear the Oakland A’s have “some” empty seats, too.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

UMASS fan here.  Traveled down to College Station with my family to watch the game, as my school doesn't often play college football juggernauts such as A&M.  Got a bit lost going to the stadium, as we were following a long line of cars that happened to be a parade for the meat judging championship, and not traffic to game.  Luckily, some friendly Aggies pointed us in the right direction and we were on our way!  I was immediately blown away when I entered the stadium...it's an atmosphere unlike anything I've ever seen before.  We took our seats and the kids were having trouble seeing over the students in front of us.  They must have overheard the commotion because moments later, they invited us to sit down in the empty row in front of them...Aggies really are a class act!  The action was a little slow, so we chatted with the Aggie students about how both A&M and UMASS could easily beat Texas this year, and we also discussed the many Aggie traditions, which were fascinating to learn about.  The game didn't turn out as we hoped, but thanks again for the amazing hospitality and we wish we could have a rematch next November instead of A&M playing Abilene Christian.
Have you submitted this to texaggy yet? Think their usual fanfic guy committed Sepuku this year.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gidnik said:

Q: But, Kipp, how do I attract those fantastic aggy womens?

A: Well, Trevor, it’s a simple formula, really.  Buy a good pair of overalls.  Then get some puffy paint.  Give yourself a few hours of craft time and to come up with a cutting-edge handle for your bib.  Oh, almost forgot — practice standing on one foot.  Then, you just shout.  Next, profit!

• Haha 3

On 11/21/2022 at 11:22 AM, BabaYaga said:

I've never seen a more miserable game on TV than the pouring rain and freezing temps when TCU played Baylor a few years back.  Stadium still had a healthy number of fans.  Even the announcers and camera guys said it was the most miserable experience they'd ever been a part of.  

Your avatar was captured perfectly giving birth to a fine aggy corpsman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Crapinon said:

I swear no CR but the stupidity has to be appreciated. The real reason for all the injuries and bad season: 

Edwards69

AG

Here's a theory most would call a conspiracy......covid vaccine!! Yes, all the teams got them, but they probably didn't get the same throughout the SEC as multiple formulas were used. ALL were untested. Many negative overall medical degradations have been validated. What if our ADepartment was purposely supplied with an especially nasty "witches brew". Go ahead and laugh and keep listening to the DS trash. Head in the dirt solves so many issues!

Dougie Payne Doctor GIF by Travis

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

I swear no CR but the stupidity has to be appreciated. The real reason for all the injuries and bad season: 

Edwards69

AG

Here's a theory most would call a conspiracy......covid vaccine!! Yes, all the teams got them, but they probably didn't get the same throughout the SEC as multiple formulas were used. ALL were untested. Many negative overall medical degradations have been validated. What if our ADepartment was purposely supplied with an especially nasty "witches brew". Go ahead and laugh and keep listening to the DS trash. Head in the dirt solves so many issues!

Conspiracy theorists are psychologically fascinating.

this has to be a joke though, right?

Edited by Hank Chinaski

5 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Edwards69

AG

Don't laugh. This is what happened. I was buffing the tunnels that connect SEC headquarters with UAB biowarfare labs. I saw the coolers full of "special" vaccines meant for Aggy. If I had protested, they would have thrown me up my stairs. But in a way I was happy-- do you know how long all the rest of the SEC has been trembling in fear because of Texas A&M?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 11/21/2022 at 11:22 AM, BabaYaga said:

I've never seen a more miserable game on TV than the pouring rain and freezing temps when TCU played Baylor a few years back.  Stadium still had a healthy number of fans.  Even the announcers and camera guys said it was the most miserable experience they'd ever been a part of.  

I was there.

It was worth 60 minutes of regulation and two overtimes standing in freezing rain to watch Briles lose that one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Surely they’ll sign some 3 stars from east Texas. You know, some diamonds in the rough with chips on their shoulders who really love aggy with their hearts.

After Bilbo ruint King, the ETX pipeline may have dried up. His daddy has a lot of sway in ETX circles. Dem ol’ boy corches may not cotton to Jimbo no more. 

The Aggies finished the 2022 season with a 13-16 overall record and 5-13 record against Southeastern Conference opponents. Kuhn compiled a 76-60 (.559) record in five seasons as the Aggies’ head coach.

13-16 = 0.448

5-13 = 0.278

Let's check out the football team, shall we?

4-7 = 0.364 (damn)

1-6 = 0.143 (double damn)

I guess they'll just have to fire ole' Jimbo.