Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

10 minutes ago, txhorns said:

aggy will have more trouble than they think getting the cash for all of this from their donors.  It’s hard to sell donors on another big money deal right after the last big money sure thing deal failed miserably.  I would imagine at least some of those donors won’t be willing to go all in a second time.

Watch them money whip Dabo.  He's starting to putter out at Clemson, might not get Bama, and Aggy is one last giant payday for him.

We'll hear again about a "sitting coach with a NC" or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

There are a few other expense factors that need to be accounted for in some capacity. 
1) The assistants all have buyouts.
2) Buying out and hiring assistants from elsewhere requires money as well.
3) They have a payroll to meet with the roster.
4) They'll have a payroll to meet if they want to win in the portal.
5) They have a payroll to meet with their recruiting class.
That all adds up to another 8 digits.
I know the roster expense is over $4M, so if they want to retain a bunch of those guys, they'll need that.
If new coach is to win in the portal, he's going to need $2M+ given expected attrition.
They've got at least mid-6 figures committed to this current recruiting class. 
Petrino's buyout alone is likely easily into the 7 figures since he was a moneywhip hire in the first place.
ATM is going to need $40M minimum from its donor base to cover the full freight of all of the moving parts for firing Fisher if it happens after 2023. If they don't, next year's roster will look like something akin to the SMU post-death penalty rebuild.
On top of all of this, who the hell is going to want to come to that school at this point? It looks freaking cursed. They'd need someone trying to pull a Fisher and get out of a big job before the big job pushes them out violently, or they'd need to take a bet on an up and comer. So they won't be able to argue about a sure thing with the BMDs. Part of the support in getting Fisher and in funding the 2022 class was that the BMDs believed that the guy was a sure thing for a national title.

You forgot the building spree to match 90's, early 2k's Pyongyang. Oil will need to be $250 per barrel.

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are a few other expense factors that need to be accounted for in some capacity. 

I know the roster expense is over $4M, so if they want to retain a bunch of those guys, they'll need that.

If new coach is to win in the portal, he's going to need $2M+ given expected attrition.

Petrino's buyout alone is likely easily into the 7 figures since he was a moneywhip hire in the first place.

ATM is going to need $40M minimum from its donor base to cover the full freight of all of the moving parts for firing Fisher if it happens after 2023. If they don't, next year's roster will look like something akin to the SMU post-death penalty rebuild.

On top of all of this, who the hell is going to want to come to that school at this point? It looks freaking cursed. They'd need someone trying to pull a Fisher and get out of a big job before the big job pushes them out violently, or they'd need to take a bet on an up and comer. So they won't be able to argue about a sure thing with the BMDs. Part of the support in getting Fisher and in funding the 2022 class was that the BMDs believed that the guy was a sure thing for a national title.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47epb3iq16mwu6plwblr

2 hours ago, Sir Ulrich said:

25% due up front and the rest paid out annually until 2031. 

Screenshot_20230913_091553_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.9f0898844994de6ba0677f1d0ecff0bc.jpg

This is from the original so I'd expect the extension to be similar. 

I believe the extension is where they negotiated the buyout to be due in a lump sum within 60 days. I have seen a copy of it floating around this board on occasion. 

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mel Tucker can be packed and in College Station by tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, John Coctostan said:

We are still in the "early season setback" phase of the aggy rollercoaster. We still have higher to climb.

If they beat Arky, their goldfish fans are going to be talking about how they are going to win the SEC West since Bama is down enough that even shitty Texas beat them. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A plus would be him pulling and upset against Bama or Georgia one random years and them giving him five more years.

Get back to us when they actually play Georgia.  They'll go 12 years in the SEC playing the 'dawgs once before getting them again.  Ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

If Texas rolls into the playoffs in Sark's third year a year prior to heading to the SEC and playing aggy again every year, on the heels of beating Bama at home, and aggy finishes 8-4 or worse in Jimbo's 6th year, combined with a top 3 class if we close on Baker, Wingo and Black, they will pay him to go away. No hesitation. 

Their delusional BMDs will not allow themselves to feel like they're going to fall behind us (once again, as always) when we are in the same conference.  They will pay the money, go on a big national search and find that they lucked were duped into hiring Jimbo in the first place because FSU wanted him gone and it is unlikely a similar situation will occur (a NC winning coach who their current program wants gone as the house of cards starts to crumble). 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

So, all in all in excess of $100MM?

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

They should take another shot at it. I bet Jimbo would sign for 15 years $150 million today.

Hell, he’d probably even sign for 15 years and $200 million. Sharp should make the pitch. 

Sharp: "sorry Jimbo, best I can do is 15 years $250 million"

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I used to worry about this when pointing out that Billy Liucci is the embodiment of every reason they'll never be a championship program. That their entire fanbase is at fault because they'd rather pay that assclown a bunch of money to tell them how special and unique they are than to pay money to someone who will actually hold the program accountable.

But then I realized that I was worried about Texas A&M listening to and implementing advice received from Longhorns. Hahaha. No, we're free to continue pointing out how obvious their institutional problems are and they'll never do jack shit about it. Hell, the only ones who are open-minded enough to understand end up posting on Longhorn boards.

The leading figure on the A&M internet is a guy who has been telling them leading up to every season, without fail, for over two decades that:

1. Their players are more talented than Texas's players.
  2. Their players are more skilled than Texas's players.
  3. Their coaches are better gameday coaches than Texas's coaches.
  4. Their coaches are better recruiters than Texas's coaches.
  5. Their recruits are better prospects than Texas's recruits.

For over two decades he has said every single year that everything about their program is better than Texas, and yet they've accomplished jack shit compared to Texas. Not just during our great run in the 2000s, but they haven't even accomplished more than us since they joined the SEC. They won a Cotton Bowl. They beat Alabama. That's it. They haven't even accomplished more than Texas has during one of the dark eras of our program. But if you point out that he's been selling them a load of bullshit you're hated for being a 2%er then banned. Common sense says Liucci is either lying to them on purpose to make money off of them or he's the worst fucking football analyst of all time. Either way why in the hell are you giving him your money? But they don't want to hear that because it might mean they're not as special as their moms told them they are. So he will continue to rake it in.

Dude, thats an awful lotta words to say "aggy gonna aggy."  The sun rising in the east tomorrow is less of a certainty than aggy fucking something up while drooling in the corner with their thumb up their buddies ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I used to worry about this when pointing out that Billy Liucci is the embodiment of every reason they'll never be a championship program. That their entire fanbase is at fault because they'd rather pay that assclown a bunch of money to tell them how special and unique they are than to pay money to someone who will actually hold the program accountable.

But then I realized that I was worried about Texas A&M listening to and implementing advice received from Longhorns. Hahaha. No, we're free to continue pointing out how obvious their institutional problems are and they'll never do jack shit about it. Hell, the only ones who are open-minded enough to understand end up posting on Longhorn boards.

The leading figure on the A&M internet is a guy who has been telling them leading up to every season, without fail, for over two decades that:

For over two decades he has said every single year that everything about their program is better than Texas, and yet they've accomplished jack shit compared to Texas. Not just during our great run in the 2000s, but they haven't even accomplished more than us since they joined the SEC. They won a Cotton Bowl. They beat Alabama. That's it. They haven't even accomplished more than Texas has during one of the dark eras of our program. But if you point out that he's been selling them a load of bullshit you're hated for being a 2%er then banned. Common sense says Liucci is either lying to them on purpose to make money off of them or he's the worst fucking football analyst of all time. Either way why in the hell are you giving him your money? But they don't want to hear that because it might mean they're not as special as their moms told them they are. So he will continue to rake it in.

I mean, my post was being facetious but yes to all of what you wrote.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

This is exactly where i've stood for a number of years as well. The single thing that A&M could do that would make me pause and think that they are figuring some things out would be detaching their brand from the fucktard known as Looch. But they won't, and so i will never even view them as a threat, that they basically let such a clownish person speak for and represent their program.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

they keep throwing Mike Elko's name out there like he has some long history and love for Texas A&M.

he's from New Jersey.

dude has been a coach since 1999.

dude went to fucking Penn.

he spent 4 years in College Station.

he's no dummy.

image.png.0c954412a2de05858db55b8af6c3fcf1.png

I wonder if the above is the reason why Justin Wells said luicci was a business genius on an IT Youtube show before the season began.  Luicci has found a fool-proof way to monetize the cult of the 12th man.

For over two decades he has said every single year that everything about their program is better than Texas, and yet they've accomplished jack shit compared to Texas. Not just during our great run in the 2000s, but they haven't even accomplished more than us since they joined the SEC. They won a Cotton Bowl. They beat Alabama. That's it. They haven't even accomplished more than Texas has during one of the dark eras of our program. 

Further, in 2018, Tom fucking Herman managed to:

1) Win a major bowl game

2) Beat a Top 5 team in the bowl game

3) Win 10 games

4) Finish the season in the top ten

aggy has a season where they checked all those boxes exactly one time in their history.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

aggies-jimbo-fisher-national-championshi

After they fire Jimbo, we should schedule nightly road trips to collie station to go dumpster diving for this. It should then be proudly displayed every time we play aggy to remind them of their perpetual shittiness.

No need to dive through the aggy dumpsters. It would be easy enough to duplicate at your neighborhood awards store. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Watch them money whip Dabo.  He's starting to putter out at Clemson, might not get Bama, and Aggy is one last giant payday for him.

We'll hear again about a "sitting coach with a NC" or something.

Can you imagine what it would take to get Dabo on the heels of firing Bilbo? 150 million guaranteed is the floor, IMHO. Plus assistants with their own guaranteed deals. After paying out Bilbo and his assistants. 
Sounds wonderful. Let it be so. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Todd Gack said:

I wonder if the above is the reason why Justin Wells said luicci was a business genius on an IT Youtube show before the season began.  Luicci has found a fool-proof way to monetize the cult of the 12th man.

You don't have to be smart to figure out how to fleece aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

aggies-jimbo-fisher-national-championshi

After they fire Jimbo, we should schedule nightly road trips to collie station to go dumpster diving for this. It should then be proudly displayed every time we play aggy to remind them of their perpetual shittiness.

I'm going have to disagree with you there, amigo. No Longhorn needs to go dumpster diving. Have an exact replica made and bring it out after we beat them at Kyle field, our home away from home. Proclaim to the world that this is the original trophy gifted to Jimbo. Announce that this is the trophy that will not have a date amended until the aggies actually win a game against their big brothers.

The dipshits will bring out the original, decrying the sips as liars, and that this is proof for all the world to see.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NoName said:

to be fair, that's much better than their last coach contract - Sumlin had to be paid 100% of what he was owed within SIXTY DAYS. and there was no offset language in the contract lol

Screen_Shot_2017_11_26_at_4.35.50_PM.png

Sumlin was fired 11/26/17 and hired 1/14/18 by Arizona, 49 days after being fired from A&M.

Well, we don't have Section 4.1, so we don't know what the payment schedule is.  And Jimbo's contract specifies no duty to mitigate and no offsets to the aggots.

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

From Stewart Mandel's mailbag on The Athletic website:

Texas A&M keeps punishing me every time I choose them to win in my fantasy football contest. Are there any other top teams that I should avoid taking to win? — Timothy C.

What is your criteria for “top teams,” and why was A&M ever in it?

This Stewart Mandel? Can't imagine why he keeps hyping Aggy.

“We at The Athletic know Aggies fans are fired up about Jimbo Fisher and the coming season,” The Athletic’s editor-in-chief for college football Stewart Mandel said. “We’ve long admired the quality of TexAgs’ coverage, and this partnership should be exciting for both sites’ subscribers.”

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/the-athletic-signs-an-intriguing-partnership-with-texags.html

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

“We at The Athletic know Aggies fans are fired up about Jimbo Fisher and the coming season,” The Athletic’s editor-in-chief for college football Stewart Mandel said. “We’ve long admired the quality of TexAgs’ coverage, and this partnership should be exciting for both sites’ subscribers.”

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/the-athletic-signs-an-intriguing-partnership-with-texags.html

He sure wasn't hyping aggy in that delicious mailbag response that I quoted.  But, yeah, that comment about TexAgs is pretty embarrassing for him.  

2 hours ago, txhorns said:

aggy will have more trouble than they think getting the cash for all of this from their donors.  It’s hard to sell donors on another big money deal right after the last big money sure thing deal failed miserably.  I would imagine at least some of those donors won’t be willing to go all in a second time.

You mean like the Frye Festival folks re-knocking on doors trying to raise seed money?

11 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Maybe like me, Mandel admires the poor  quality of TexAg’s coverage.  It’s always good for a laugh.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We don't want Aggy and Jimbo to completely crater.  They might actually find a way to fire him.  We need him to churn every year with 7 wins or something and be there the duration of the contract.  A plus would be him pulling and upset against Bama or Georgia one random years and them giving him five more years.

This is correct. We want Jimbo to be like this:

office-space-lazy.gif

office-space-peter-gibbons.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, closetohumping said:

image.thumb.png.e560643bc12b1945d2bed75f4d3ae04a.png

After signing a 10-year, $75 million contract when he first came to College Station in December 2017, Fisher and the Aggies re-upped for a new 10-year, $94.95 million deal that took effect in 2022.  

So they almost did do a 15-year deal when including the extension of his original contract.  But they redid it for more money and the same sweetheart terms and conditions. 

Where is the Jethro Bodine Clampett picture?

1 hour ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

great minds blah blah blah, didn't read far enough down thread, fuck you

Great minds think alike,

and fools seldom differ. 

My presence and post count on Surly prove unequivocally that I am in the latter category, thank you very much. Not sure what that says about you. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

He sure wasn't hyping aggy in that delicious mailbag response that I quoted.  But, yeah, that comment about TexAgs is pretty embarrassing for him.  

Yep, my reading comprehension error.

However, I stand by the assertion that Mandel sucks just by association, if not his previous shitty takes on Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

that lasted ~1 season and i think the last post there was in 2020?

I bet good ol’ Jimbo would be willing to extend that contract to 15 years.  Probably without even a pay raise.  They should totally do that.  

With some possible chinks in Saban’s armor, Bama might come looking to money whip Jimbo pretty soon.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

They can't afford the kind of high-end escort Jimbo can. He'd sniff out the ruse in a minute.

He has all their money. And the Aggie braintrust would fuck it up anyway. After all, they're the morons who ponied up in the first place.

I wonder what the penalty would be if the Aggies got caught trying to entrap Jimbo in order to invalidate the contract. Maybe it's some kind of conspiracy related to fraud? 

Aggie BMDs after fumbling frame job: 

spacer.png

Rudy?

• Haha 1