• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

16 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I knew about the nut squeezing, but the waterboarding of your own nutsack is something i hadn't heard of and is......also extremely weird, maybe weirder.

I've watched Big 8/SWC football for 50 years and had no idea how weird these people are.  I thought they were just different, like most other aggies around the country.  These guys are a different level weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

Dusty and Danny on SXM College Sports this morning had a segment (about 5:25a local time for those of you with the app and want to hear)  Dusty has been somewhat a jimbo apologist for obvious working relationship reasons since he could call their game, but kind of went off on the milkmen and then jimbo.  They spent a good 2-3 minutes making fun of the cheerleaders at Tenn last week and in general.   

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I took that one last year during their UMass game, I believe. I never realized that that idiot might be the same guy as the pic above it. I don't know whether I want that to be true or for them to be two different morons.

He would have to be a 5th year senior because the first photo was in 2018 when they played Kentucky so if he is still in the corps in 2022 that would mean he was in school for 5 years minimum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I took that one last year during their UMass game, I believe. I never realized that that idiot might be the same guy as the pic above it. I don't know whether I want that to be true or for them to be two different morons.

What is the Difference Between a Moron, Imbecile and Idiot?

It's true — there's a difference. The three terms didn't start out as social insults either, in fact. In the early 1900s, psychologists used the terms to describe various levels of retardation. Those with an IQ of 0 to 25 (an IQ of 100 is average) were called idiots, 26 to 50 were called imbeciles and 51 to 70 were called morons. Morons could communicate and learn common tasks; imbeciles stalled mentally at about six years old; and idiots couldn't respond to stimulus or communicate with any level of competency.

Just call them aggy

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So ATM has the bye week this week and someone on their board asked the board how they'd done after bye weeks. No one knew. I was curious, so I went and looked.

Over the last 15 seasons and ignoring 2020, meaning from Sherman to Fisher in normal seasons, ATM is 6-11 after bye weeks. Those 6 wins came against Utah State, Idaho, Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina and ULM. 5 of those 6 games were at home. The combined record of those 6 teams was 28-46. The 2013 road win against an 8-5 Ole Miss team was a high quality win and keeps the numbers from looking even more hideous. Fisher coached ATM teams are 2-3 coming off of byes, including a road loss to South Carolina last season.

South Carolina really sucks outside of their passing game this season, so I'm assuming ATM will win. Could be interesting though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Pancho said:

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_0086.jpeg

Gottdamn, I never stop marveling at the lies these idiots tell themselves.  Best facilities?  no; unmatched donor support?  no; packed stadiums?  no; TV ratings?  no; profitable?  no; JFF the most electric QB to ever play college football?!?!? LOL...Hell no.  They just never learn.

Edited by 83Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just always assumed there are thousands of 'em that look exactly like that sacheting all over campus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

Gottdamn, I never stop marveling at the lies these idiots tell themselves.  Best facilities?  no; unmatched donor support?  no; packed stadiums?  no; TV ratings?  no; profitable?  no; JFF the most electric QB to ever play college football?!?!? LOL...Hell no.  They just never learn.

It's a culture thing. 

Fng aggy and their deep desires of “built to win.” No aggy. This conundrum has gone on for decades, so that’s why you are aggy! Somebody has to fill the role of the underachiever in sports, so you are it. Tag - you’re it - aggy!!! Classic always been an aggy, therefore still aggy.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Allegedly, Jimbo hasn't really dug in his heels over making any specific changes, although he's perceived as being stubborn. He simply can not figure out how to fix the issues, he is very frustrated and doesn't know what to do.

"My offense sucks really bad, we'll never win shit with this crappy offense. I don't know what to do!!! " ....as he continues to run his offense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do you even need sources to know they are a dumpster fire?  secrant....

Sources say Texas A&M, internally, is a 'dumpster fire' right now

Posted on 10/19/23 at 12:26 pm
up vote65down vote14
bkm1.png
Spoke with several of my A&M friends this morning, wanted to give them a few days to get over the loss and get a clearer, non emotional picture of how the program feels going into the bye week.

The consensus seems to be that A&M is a mess right now internally, on several different fronts. Two of them described it as a "dumpster fire."

As I have said: it’s clear they’ve been given the green light to attack Jimbo publicly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do you even need sources to know they are a dumpster fire?  secrant....

Sources say Texas A&M, internally, is a 'dumpster fire' right now

Posted on 10/19/23 at 12:26 pm
up vote65down vote14
bkm1.png
Spoke with several of my A&M friends this morning, wanted to give them a few days to get over the loss and get a clearer, non emotional picture of how the program feels going into the bye week.

The consensus seems to be that A&M is a mess right now internally, on several different fronts. Two of them described it as a "dumpster fire."

-OL Steve Addazio is said to feel like he is unfairly being made the "whipping boy" for A&M's struggles.

-Surprise, surprise, Bobby Petrino and Jimbo are frustrated with each other, Petrino is said to have acquiesced to Jimbo very well early on but is growing increasingly frustrated and vocal in meetings and Jimbo is negatively responding in turn. It was described to me as "a lot of thinly veiled shots and passive aggressive behavior from both men."

-The boosters are in a turmoil. One faction wants Jimbo gone but can't come up with all of the money, another faction wants to give Jimbo at least another year to hold things together. With these issues, some boosters are pulling NIL dollars leading to a lot of confusion among both current players as well as commits.

-With the NIL issues as well as all of the drama surrounding the program, recruits are being pounced on by other programs like crazy. A&M is being absolutely trashed by coaches all throughout the country and their commits are getting restless. Four star Drelon Miller has already decommitted and there's a lot of smoke around that five star Terry Bussey is about to jump ship as well. That's said to only be the beginning. Recruits are supposedly being privately told that there are no guarantees that the current staff is in place next season and that any NIL offer could disappear at any time.

-Several of the "bigger name players" are said to be very frustrated with a lack of improvement, notably Rueben Owens and Evan Stewart. Moose Muhammad is also said to be very frustrated with his lack of playing time. Conner Weigman is allegedly being advised by people around his family to seek a new home this offseason as he has struggled to stay healthy behind the A&M offensive line however he persinally seems reluctant to leave A&M.

-Allegedly, Jimbo hasn't really dug in his heels over making any specific changes, although he's perceived as being stubborn. He simply can not figure out how to fix the issues, he is very frustrated and doesn't know what to do.

-Max Johnson is taking a beating and is said to be nursing "at least 3 different minor injuries" including one to his non throwing wrist. There is concern that he won't be able to finish the season. Johnson is said to have intentions of coaching after his college career ends and wanted to begin as a GA at A&M however that seems very uncertain now.

-The entire program is frustrated with not being able to win on the road. It's something they've focused on so much that they feel like they're choking because of overthinking.

tenor (1).gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

-Max Johnson is taking a beating and is said to be nursing "at least 3 different minor injuries" including one to his non throwing wrist. There is concern that he won't be able to finish the season. Johnson is said to have intentions of coaching after his college career ends and wanted to begin as a GA at A&M however that seems very uncertain now.

In the unlikely but possible event our QB room clears out next season (Ewers NFL, Murphy transfer) we should give this guy a call

Former QB/Future coach do you want to learn offense from Sark or from Jimbo and Petrino? Also could ride Arch coattails to an NFL job.