• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Not true. They raised absolute hell and forced the firing of Sherman and (I’m sure) Franchione. Aggy’s problem is that they worry entirely too much about what others think of them so they react based on peer pressure. It’s why they make shit up and sell narratives that are self-serving instead of just being honest. 

There's raising hell and then there's actually being the decision maker. Bill Byrne did not reach out to Liucci to ask for his thoughts on whether he should fire/retain either Fran or Sherman. Did angry TexAgs posters possibly help influence Byrne's decision, sure. But that's no different than at most any other big football program. But I'd be willing to believe that no other college fansite is more directly/officially involved with that particular school than TexAgs. Bjork can probably call Liucci and help dictate whether something is censored on TA.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I still think it'll be Elko. Makes sense for both sides. Imo jury is still out on him as a HC but he could be a good hire and would definitely be more affordable than other options.

I still don't see why Lanning would leave and how ATM could afford him after the Jimbo buyout. 

Really surprised to see Kiffin #1 on those odds. He's already at $9mm/year which would be tough for ATM to afford. Plus Kiffin has been openly making fun of ATM non-stop the last two years. He even got caught calling Bryce Anderson a pussy during last year's game.

Schumann and Traylor would likely take the job. 

Aggy couldn't afford their stadium expansion or Jimbo either.  What makes you think they'll be fiscally responsible now?

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

There's raising hell and then there's actually being the decision maker. Bill Byrne did not reach out to Liucci to ask for his thoughts on whether he should fire/retain either Fran or Sherman. Did angry TexAgs posters possibly help influence Byrne's decision, sure. But that's no different than at most any other big football program. But I'd be willing to believe that no other college fansite is more directly/officially involved with that particular school than TexAgs. Bjork can probably call Liucci and help dictate whether something is censored on TA.

If you say so. Bowen Loftin couldn’t get enough TA attention. He did everything they wanted and sought out their approval.

TA has been an integral part of their communication, recruiting, and decision-making for a long time. They’re part of the university. 

In contrast, UT hates this site and it’s posters. No matter how relevant the news or opinions here, they want nothing to do with us. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

image.png.d0bbc43aaba46e1499e3ea9160d0e20b.png

I hadn't thought of Dykes.

He knows how to get to the championship game. He got TCU to within one victory of a national championship! Think what he could do with our unending supply of money, facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities, and the Aggie Network! He beat tu twice when he was at Cal!

Actually, I could see it.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Also beat Clemson bad and took Notre Dame to the last possession with a QB no other school wanted. He's hardly failing.   

Clemson outplayed Duke for the majority of that game, final score be damned. Clemson was going in to take the lead two different times in the third quarter but fumbled at the goal line both times. One was nearly returned for a TD and led to a short TD drive. Duke's last TD was another short field set up by a Klubnik INT.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

aggies don't lie, cheat or steal. But rape is cool.

You apparently missed this: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czkh7TgOwT_/

Oh Briles does those other things too.

20 minutes ago, MisterP said:

On paper it has all the bells and whistles to be a good job. Their problems are internal. 

Pay, facilities, recruiting grounds, fan support. 

Also, it's a fake military school with mostly dudes and no black population.  Why would an elite player go there other than a bag of NIL money?

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.d0bbc43aaba46e1499e3ea9160d0e20b.png

I hadn't thought of Dykes.

He knows how to get to the championship game. He got TCU to within one victory of a national championship! Think what he could do with our unending supply of money, facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities, and the Aggie Network! He beat tu twice when he was at Cal!

Actually, I could see it.

Dykes has some aggy traits for sure .....  I mean his Dad was coach at Sand aggy, so he can relate to the culture in Collie Station.   He had to recruit some of the same area we all do with his time at Louisiana Tech, SMU and TCU.     I still think last years TCU success was a series of perfect events that helped get them there.   I doubt it occurs again for a very long time.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Why would anyone take the aggy job for less of a contract than Jimbo's?

Starting the year, aggy was already behind GA, Bama, Tenn, Ole Miss and LSU. As this season played out in reality they are also behind OU and Texas which joins the SEC next year. The new coach has to recruit and coach his ass off to attempt to gain ground on the seven teams ahead of them. Aggy has set the precedent of what they are willing to pay a coach with a guaranteed contract and no buy out. I ask again why would anyone take the aggy job for less of a contract than Jimbo's?

This is especially true for Kiffin. For all they shit he’s talked about Jimbo, there’s no way he would go there for less money than Jimbo got. 

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Aggy tossing out Dan Campbell is aggy just tossing his name out to come across as a blue blood. Campbell would never even consider going to aggy. 

The only reasons Campbell wouldn't consider A&M is he's been an NFL lifer in the coaching ranks and he's got Detroit in a great place. The dude is a red ass Aggie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

The only reasons Campbell wouldn't consider A&M is he's been an NFL lifer in the coaching ranks and he's got Detroit in a great place. The dude is a red ass Aggie. 

His schtick would play so much better in college.

but he’d be an idiot to leave Detroit… but considering he is aggy, maybe he would?

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

His schtick would play so much better in college.

but he’d be an idiot to leave Detroit… but considering he is aggy, maybe he would?

I don't think Campbell would leave. He has zero experience with recruiting/NIL and the learning curve would be steep. 

But I agree long term he would be the best hire for A&M. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Billy Liucci was on Andy Staples and mentioned his “ex roommate” Dan Campbell. First time I’d heard that connection

13 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

How does John Sharpe and Bjork still have jobs today?    You'd think the head of the aggy BOR would've called Sharpe yesterday and said it's time for you to think about seriously retiring .

If aggie was smart they would organize and demand for those two fucktards to be pushed out.

Instead, they will continue letting them make important decisions and take their marching orders. Whoop!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Did angry TexAgs posters possibly help influence Byrne's decision, sure.

But Billy shapes the narrative by only allowing certain types of postings to stay up on the site. Have a rational statement about the programs problems? Delete post, ban user. 

• Hook 'Em 1

A&M is a weird job with an institutional culture that is not ideal for an outsider. 

To be successful, they should hire a red ass, proud Aggie. Lean into the male cheerleaders and stupid shit. Bring back the Wrecking Crew moniker and working class attitude on the field. 

Hopefully they fuck it up though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

If aggie was smart they would organize and demand for those two fucktards to be pushed out.

Instead, they will continue letting them make important decisions and take their marching orders. Whoop!

I always thought Dollar Bill Byrne was a tool until Bjork was hired.    My gosh what an arrogant prick.

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Joel Klatt: A&M is the 4th best job in that region. Texas, Oklahoma, and LSU are better. A&M is the 7th best job in the SEC.

Bravo Tv Hair Flip GIF

Hot take here but now that SMU is in a real conference, they might be better as well.  Boosters will money whip whatever you need and you get to live in HP and not CS.  Expectations are also a million percent more reasonable.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Sharp is driving that place into the gutter both academically and athletically and no one has dared step up to him. I just assume its because he knows where all of the bodies are buried and everyone is afraid of him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

How does John Sharpe and Bjork still have jobs today?    You'd think the head of the aggy BOR would've called Sharpe yesterday and said it's time for you to think about seriously retiring .

Its been so long since aggy has had any success in anything that just being the number #1 story in CFB is enough for them. Who cares if everyone is laughing. And Sharpe and the swedish chef are the guys that made that happen. They might get a raise out of this. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Have we done the thing where we name really really expensive things that are still less than the buyout Jimbo is getting?

Ex. Jameis Winston’s career (NFL) earnings

ESPN was all over that yesterday.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38880958/what-buy-jimbo-fisher-768-million-buyout-texas-am

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Have we done the thing where we name really really expensive things that are still less than the buyout Jimbo is getting?

Ex. Jameis Winston’s career (NFL) earnings

ESPN did.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38880958/what-buy-jimbo-fisher-768-million-buyout-texas-am

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

Mack Brown would be the perfect hire...

• Has a NC
  • Knows the State of Texas
  • Wins at Kyle Field
  • Spit in the eyes of t.u.

A motivated Mack Brown would kill it at ATM.

I don’t see him leaving the stud QB he has at UNC though.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1